Winter Warrior 2021-2022 Postal Match for Iron Sight Military Rifles

Printed out my targets, just waiting for mother nature to cooperate. Picked up some super special 0 weight grease to keep things moving smoothly. Do we get extra credit for shooting in snow camo?

I don’t think I can play this year boys. Divorce is coming and I had to preemptively cover my ass and get all my shit out of my name. :/
Women ruin everything. Potentially going through a breakup here soon, myself. Only reason we’re still officially together is because she loves my dog...seriously.

Women ruin everything. Potentially going through a breakup here soon, myself. Only reason we’re still officially together is because she loves my dog...seriously.
Do you love the dog?
If its “just a dog” to you toss them both out! Plenty more dogs out there.

Do you love the dog?
Hahahaha...he’s literally the best friend I’ve ever had. He’s one of the most intelligent and intuitive dogs I’ve ever met, and I think it would break his heart if I left.

If/when I leave, he’s coming with me. Sorry for the thread drift. He likes going to the range though, too...regardless of the weather because he gets to run around between shot strings because my range is a ghost town most days.

I don’t think I can play this year boys. Divorce is coming and I had to preemptively cover my ass and get all my shit out of my name. :/
Sorry to hear about that situation. Hope it goes as smoothly as it can. If you are anywhere near Princeton, MA- join me for a range day sometime. You can help me burn through some 'flyer in every box' Greek surplus.

Printed out my targets, just waiting for mother nature to cooperate. Picked up some super special 0 weight grease to keep things moving smoothly. Do we get extra credit for shooting in snow camo?
Do it prone in the snow and you will be listed in the 'Shoot Like a Boss' honor roll. [laugh]

Do you love the dog?

Have a buddy that got divorced. It got ugly all because of the dog. They both fought tooth and nail to get ownership. In the end they have joint custody and it’s a mess. They accuse each other of abusing the dog to try and get sole custody. The cops have also been involved. Never underestimate the worth of a dog to some people.

Hahahaha...he’s literally the best friend I’ve ever had. He’s one of the most intelligent and intuitive dogs I’ve ever met, and I think it would break his heart if I left.

If/when I leave, he’s coming with me. Sorry for the thread drift. He likes going to the range though, too...regardless of the weather because he gets to run around between shot strings because my range is a ghost town most days.
Train the dog to piss her off,
Shit in her shoes piss on her cloths

Have a buddy that got divorced. It got ugly all because of the dog. They both fought tooth and nail to get ownership. In the end they have joint custody and it’s a mess. They accuse each other of abusing the dog to try and get sole custody. The cops have also been involved. Never underestimate the worth of a dog to some people.
Believe me I know , my last dog “charlie” was great was my 2nd shadow
No “girl friend “ would stand a chance.
If it was a divorce, well the dog and I would leave for sure.
No dogs to worry about now adays.
Divorce: im pretty clear on what will happen if that ever came my way.

Ok so it was 32’ at 11am at the club and we had a sprinkle of hail . I did not have my phone handy to get a picture of the few hail nuggets on the shooting mat.

7.62 M1 Garand 87/100
creed more 167gn ammo7B4E0E4C-0A18-4E72-9362-91B0028CE9DF.jpeg
100 yards, of course I did not reset my sights since the last 200 yard match 2 shots high. I got even more lazy and used Kentucky elevation and tried holding lower. Left 9 is all booger hook yank.

Ok so it was 32’ at 11am at the club and we had a sprinkle of hail . I did not have my phone handy to get a picture of the few hail nuggets on the shooting mat.

7.62 M1 Garand 87/100
creed more 167gn ammoView attachment 554006
100 yards, of course I did not reset my sights since the last 200 yard match 2 shots high. I got even more lazy and used Kentucky elevation and tried holding lower. Left 9 is all booger hook yank.
Nice! I think that is the first official target to kick this off? Thank you- would have been kinda lame if I posted the first target LOL.

Woulda been a tight group...

Nice! I think that is the first official target to kick this off? Thank you- would have been kinda lame if I posted the first target LOL.

Woulda been a tight group...
Very hesitant to use the creed ammo since I have not shot since Oct
Was a bit pissed at myself for not checking my sights.

I'm hoping to get some shooting in around the holidays during my time off. With any luck it'll be cold enough out for some legitimate targets.

Target 1: 91-3x

For nearly a decade I've gone to the range after the company Christmas party, and this year was no different. Sunny, 27° F. A lot less snow in MA than up in my yard in NH.

Anyway, I brought my "match M1" this time. It was my first time shooting it in a while, as I usually shoot my service grade.

m1-1.jpgm1.jpg

As per usual, no spotting scope. I took two shots on the steel plates to make sure I was "close enough" zero-wise, and got to work.

I didn't have time to do some reloading, so it was HXP...aka MATCH AMMO.
hxp.jpg

If I had been smart, I would have brought 25 rounds or so to shoot two targets after a couple plate shots, but daylight was also fading.

range.jpg

target.jpg

For a rifle I haven't shot in a while, and using HXP, I'm satisfied with the results. I'll blame the three askew shots as a high amount of "HXP flyers." With a spotting scope, I might have done better, who knows. The 3x is pretty high for me, I'm usually at 1 or 2, although the third here just barely broke the circle.

All in all, a good, albeit brief, trip to the range and my first target for this season posted.

Not sure what'll be next, probably the K98 or the M1917; or maybe the Swede m96/38.

Target 1: 91-3x

For nearly a decade I've gone to the range after the company Christmas party, and this year was no different. Sunny, 27° F. A lot less snow in MA than up in my yard in NH.

Anyway, I brought my "match M1" this time. It was my first time shooting it in a while, as I usually shoot my service grade.

View attachment 555637View attachment 555638

As per usual, no spotting scope. I took two shots on the steel plates to make sure I was "close enough" zero-wise, and got to work.

I didn't have time to do some reloading, so it was HXP...aka MATCH AMMO.
View attachment 555639

If I had been smart, I would have brought 25 rounds or so to shoot two targets after a couple plate shots, but daylight was also fading.

View attachment 555640

View attachment 555642

For a rifle I haven't shot in a while, and using HXP, I'm satisfied with the results. I'll blame the three askew shots as a high amount of "HXP flyers." With a spotting scope, I might have done better, who knows. The 3x is pretty high for me, I'm usually at 1 or 2, although the third here just barely broke the circle.

All in all, a good, albeit brief, trip to the range and my first target for this season posted.

Not sure what'll be next, probably the K98 or the M1917; or maybe the Swede m96/38.
Thats a generous 3rd X , lol
Nice shooting ,

Personally if I see a clear black border between shot and line it's not the next highest score. I can picture someone in particular referring us to the rules and saying "It breaks the line!".

Radio silence there, except from others.
Eh coin flip it?

Attachments

• F80BE4C9-3853-4EAC-A7F9-C6910F2DEF5F.png
    F80BE4C9-3853-4EAC-A7F9-C6910F2DEF5F.png
    212.4 KB · Views: 14
Eh coin flip it?
The Leominster winter offhand matches are usually scored by the same gentleman. When in doubt he will hold up to a window and look at the targets from the backside- Seems to help as you can see the lines through the paper. I've never questioned any shots scored and haven't seen anyone gripe, and there's money involved.

The Leominster winter offhand matches are usually scored by the same gentleman. When in doubt he will hold up to a window and look at the targets from the backside- Seems to help as you can see the lines through the paper. I've never questioned any shots scored and haven't seen anyone gripe, and there's money involved.
Well are you in the money often? Lol

Well are you in the money often? Lol
Goes by month- 2X if I recall correctly. This year I plan on skiing as much as possible so I'll be hit and miss for the matches. You have to turn in at least 4 scores for the month and better to turn in 5, with lowest dropped.

Back
Top Bottom