Winter Warrior Milsurp Postal Match

Mountain

NES Member
the-winter-war.jpg

Winter Warrior Milsurp Postal Match

In the spirit of all weather marksmanship, I'd like to open another milsurp postal match. This time the rules are a little more open, with one important catch: Targets must be shot in either below freezing weather (32F or lower) and/or with snow cover at your range. Any WW2 or older semi or bolt action milsurp rifle is eligible.

Postal Match Rules

- Open to NES Green members and any family or friends you take to the range.
-Honor system as far as following the rules go...
-10 shots on an official SR-1 if you have them, or a printable SR-1 target center. Distance is 100 yards. If you need a SR-1 target center to print, try here: NRA SR-1 Target | Bison Ballistics
-Any position but special recognition to anyone who shoots prone in the snow.
-Enter as many times as you want for top score.
-To enter, post / PM / email / snail mail me a pic of each target shot, Prefer a close up of the target so that I can score it. Please post pic of your hardware in this thread for general interest.
-Ties will be broken 1) via number of X-ring hits and if still a tie 2) via first to submit their target.
-Iron sights only. Sorry snipers, no scopes.
-Contest will close End of February.
-Top score agrees to have his/her target pic posted on this thread.

Winner will receive a $50 Amazon (edit - not going to do Cabelas due to shady behavior) gift card and will be the envy of the Milsurp forum. I may throw in something else for grins.

Last edited:
YHcvR05.jpg

I don't know what rifle I will shoot but I will often scan photos of 10th Mtn trying to spot my uncle. I did spot a club member in one of the shows several years ago....he is riding on a tank and its a good clear shot of him. Forget the show now.

YHcvR05.jpg

I don't know what rifle I will shoot but I will often scan photos of 10th Mtn trying to spot my uncle. I did spot a club member in one of the shows several years ago....he is riding on a tank and its a good clear shot of him. Forget the show now.

Garands? Anything else? Do I see a bolt gun to the lower right?

Garands? Anything else? Do I see a bolt gun to the lower right?
Theres a few bolt guns there. Left side top sure looks like a 03 front sight and wood looks to long in the front and there's also a plain looking barrel on the right maybe a 03 sniper.
My great uncle said one of the best guns he liked while on ski's was a grease gun.

tough day today -16'F 50mph winds blinding snow:
U9bWWJf.jpg

If i could see the thin front sight better i would have held center hold. No4 MkII, HXP 303 1969
100 yards using flip up aperture glad to see windage is pretty decent.
just elbows off the bench at lunch time.
I will be running this at one of the vintage matches 2018.

As before im out for score just posting for fun

THIS should be FUN!!!

why no love for the K31 though? They put 500,000 troops on their border with Germany in 1939 on 'Kraut Killin' duty...you mean to tell me they didn't blast a single Nazi?!?!

I read a book long time ago that mentions this.
It never mentioned if they actually exchanged gun fire. Although it said something like this.
German high general asked Swiss General what can your 500,000 men do against our 1,000,000....swiss responded shoot 2 times.

Or something to that effect.

Hey Mac, did you have to dig a snow trench to the target? How many of your fingers are turning black?

OK, I'll have to research if any K31's were shot in combat and will qualify as 'warrior' hardware.

Looks like next week will have some options:
upload_2017-12-8_10-41-46.png
Think I'll do up some loads tonight in anticipation.
Mosin? M1? Enfield?

Thinking about Tomorrow. Is it an either or scenario? Either snow on the ground or below freezing? Both snow and below freezing? Or can it be snow on the ground and above freezing? Post said either/and/or.....

T

Thinking about Tomorrow. Is it an either or scenario? Either snow on the ground or below freezing? Both snow and below freezing? Or can it be snow on the ground and above freezing? Post said either/and/or.....

T
Shoot it in a Santa hat and only inyour underoos or starwars underwear and weather requirements are off...o_O

T

Yep, either/or. Close enough is fine- just trying to encourage some fun shooting in winter conditions.

Shoot it in a Santa hat and only inyour underoos or starwars underwear and weather requirements are off...o_O

So basically your normal range wear?

Here they are...which one should I wear? I think the antlers won't get in the way.

t

Attachments

• IMG_4084.jpg
    IMG_4084.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 12
Here's more appropriate head wear. Perfect for busting Soviet tanks:

1c1cb942d3032595c02eacc34729b725--army-soldier-red-army.jpg

Points for naming that machine gun. No reverse image cheating, LOL.

Here's more appropriate head wear. Perfect for busting Soviet tanks:

1c1cb942d3032595c02eacc34729b725--army-soldier-red-army.jpg

Points for naming that machine gun. No reverse image cheating, LOL.
Polish bolt action sub machine gun?
Im not to up on my sub machine guns but i dont recall any having a rear charge bolt like that?

Nope, actually made by the Finns. Regarded as one of the most accurate subs ever made.

edit-

Looks like my club has a special pheasant hunt tomorrow. So skiing in the morning and shooting in the snow after the pheasant busting pandemonium has ceased. Should probably keep a shotgun in the truck, just in case I need to 'defend myself' from an angry bird.

Did up 40 rounds of 7.62x54R tonight for an attempt later this week.

Attachments

• 20171210_225815.jpg
    20171210_225815.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom