• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Winthrop shooting

Maybe I'm showing my age, but back in the day you had a dust-up/beef/fistfight/whatever... Someone "won", someone "lost", and next time you had a few beers you went round two. Then after that toe-to-toe you bought him a beer, or vice-versa, and that was that. Met my best friend that way at the old Dot Tavern. Broke his jaw and really messed him up in round one... Month or two later when he healed up I ended up with a good shiner, a sore jaw and banged up ears, etc... I beat him, he beat me, and we talk about it literally every time we see each other. ("Shoulda finished you off the first time!"..."F*ck you be happy I didn't put you in City Hospital the second time") etc.

Today? Someone 'disses you? Or lands seventeen more punches than you did?... Go get the Sig or Glock. Not saying or knowing what happened, just going off of the story in the link, but... Jesus this is the stuff we really DON'T need right now... and I can hear the wingnut Anti's I work with already... "Why does anyone need ten guns??" etc etc. (plus the fat maggot DeLeo is already on the "stronger gun control" wagon, and this one happened in his town. This might get interesting - or buried, depending on who knows whoy, who's related to who, etc etc.

Just sayin"

Last edited:
Indeed. A rifle, too; not terribly typical. I know a few Winthropians; I'll be curious who the victim is.

Maybe I'm showing my age, but back in the day you had a dust-up/beef/fistfight/whatever... Someone "won", someone "lost", and next time you had a few beers you went round two. Then after that toe-to-toe you bought him a beer, or vice-versa, and that was that. Met my best friend that way at the old Dot Tavern. Broke his jaw and really messed him up in round one... Month or two later when he healed up I ended up with a good shiner, a sore jaw and banged up ears, etc... I beat him, he beat me, and we talk about it literally every time we see each other. ("Shoulda finished you off the first time!"..."F*ck you be happy I didn't put you in City Hospital the second time") etc.

Today? Someone 'disses you? Or lands seventeen more punches than you did?... Go get the Sig or Glock. Not saying or knowing what happened but, Jesus this is the stuff we really DON'T need right now... and I can hear the wingnut Anti's I work with already... "Why does anyone need ten guns??" etc etc. (plus the fat maggot DeLeo is already on the "stronger gun control" wagon, and this one happened in his town. This might get interesting - or buried, depending on who knows whoy, who's related to who, etc etc.

Just sayin"

Exactly. You must be close in age to my dad (63)[laugh]. He use to get in fist fights all the time when he was much younger and never did someone pull out a knife or a gun. Everything was settled with fists.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed. A rifle, too; not terribly typical. I know a few Winthropians; I'll be curious who the victim is.

My best friend lives in Winthrop and is engaged to a Winthropian girl. Waiting to hear back from them if they know the people involved.

Holding the flags?

Yeah. Shirtless white dude with an American flag in each hand shoots someone with a rifle in the suburbs after a fistfight. Gives liberal dirtbags multiple opportunities to say "I told ya so" on a bunch of different levels.

Yeah. Shirtless white dude with an American flag in each hand shoots someone with a rifle in the suburbs after a fistfight. Gives liberal dirtbags multiple opportunities to say "I told ya so" on a bunch of different levels.

Ohh gotcha. Good point.

We shall see.

- - - Updated - - -

Or the stuff white guys like picture. Or the kid with the AR or M16 finger ****ing the trigger. Yikes.

Am I looking at the wrong profile?[laugh]

Winthrop Police Chief Terrence Delehanty said a fight took place that police had to break up in the backyard of the home. One man was sent away, but police said, he returned to the home. "There was another altercation in the backyard and at that point, he was shot," Delehanty said. <snip> Authorities said when the second fight broke out, the victim came back with other people. Damelio allegedly hit the victim in the head with a baton and encouraged Guilfoyle to get a gun. Guilfoyle allegedly shot the victim once, striking him in the upper abdomen.

So you get thrown off someone's property by the PD. Then you get a bunch of your buddies together. Go back to a place you have no legal right to be. Then, after attempting to commit another act of violence, get yourself shot. Sounds right to me. PSGWSP. Down here that article would have read quite a bit differently. Starting with the "victim" being the person who had to pull the trigger on a gang of violent trespassers.

You guys really need to get the **** out of dodge. You live in a place where defending your life means getting to spend the rest of in it prison. Just to add insult to injury. You all pay them for the privilege of being the enemy. [puke]

So you get thrown off someone's property by the PD. Then you get a bunch of your buddies together. Go back to a place you have no legal right to be. Then, after attempting to commit another act of violence, get yourself shot. Sounds right to me. PSGWSP. Down here that article would have read quite a bit differently. Starting with the "victim" being the person who had to pull the trigger on a gang of violent trespassers.

You guys really need to get the **** out of dodge. You live in a place where defending your life means getting to spend the rest of in it prison. Just to add insult to injury. You all pay them for the privilege of being the enemy. [puke]

You know, I have to admit I originally read that wrong. I had thought the guy who did the shooting had gotten beat and then returned to the house with a gun.

No. Wrench75 has it right.

But the kid was never a threat to the homeowner's life. Walking into his house and shutting the damn door would have been a wiser move all around. I'm all for shooting life-threatening home invaders at 3 am, but these were a bunch of drunk guys whom the cops had visited around an hour before.

This case seems tailor-made for a leisurely retreat and a 911 call.

Back
Top Bottom