Wiseway Pellet Stove - Anyone Have One?

xtry51

NES Member
Does anyone here in the NE have, or know someone who has a Wiseway pellet stove?

http://www.wisewaypelletstoves.com

Satellite

I would really like to see one in person running.

Try contacting the company. They may be able to put you in touch with someone local with one. Most of the time with stuff like this the people that buy them and like them like to show them off. We looked at some pellet furnaces that way.

I have a buddy who is in sales for a big local stove\insert warehouse. Let me ping him and see what he knows and if he can help.

Direct quote: "I advise you to stay away from them. First year in business. A good idea but I have a dealer I work with returned all 6 stoves he bought. And 3 were installed in customers homes."

YMMV--FWIW, he thought I was looking to get one and I've known the guy for 20 years, played in a band with him for 8 of those--if he says stay away, I trust it's not just because he's not the guy selling them.

Have a Travis Industries/Avalon Arbor pellet stove. It has been excellent in this cold weather we've been having.

avalon-arbor-pellet-stove-2.jpg

Last edited:
I had a pellet stove for 7 years and it was a great alternative to running the furnace. Safe with kids(unless they lick the glass). Get a name brand with a big hopper so you can fit an entire bag in at one time. Also buy from a good dealer that will service it. They have a lot of moving parts and over time will require some maintenance.

I would never buy a regular pellet stove because I don't want to need power to run it. I prefer wood boilers, but saw this and it interested me.

Harman pellet stove here, it was my uncles. He bought it in 1989, and so far I have replaced 1 $20 part and it has heated my house the last 7 winters. Highly recommended.

Yep I know you said you'd never buy a "regular" pellet stove but jumping on
the wagon to brag up my St Croix heat monster.
Needing electricity no biggy we don't lose power very often but have a
genny that will run it if need be. Low cost heat and my house is warmer than
it ever was before the stove. One of the top five purchases of the decade for me.
ce976847-988d-4344-9f3b-3af66864d285_zpsd7e132b8.jpg

We have a Harman P61A. Pretty much fully automatic. Self-lighting, temperature controlled. This is our third full winter with hit, and it's been great. Cuts my oil usage by 2/3's (still need some oil for hot water and one heating zone), and overall energy costs by about a third (still need to buy pellets, and there's some electricity cost).

We've had a four-day power outage, and run it off the generator. No problem

Pellet stove heat is very "even." No spikes of hot/cold like you'd get with a wood stove. It's much cleaner than a sooty wood stove. I can go away for a few days and my wife & kids can pour in pellets. She wouldn't tend to a wood stove.

I would never buy a regular pellet stove because I don't want to need power to run it. I prefer wood boilers, but saw this and it interested me.
Looking at it more, it is definitely an interesting stove. The ability to use it with no electricity is an absolute selling point, but at the infancy of starting, I would probably avoid it for the first two years to see if they improve upon any issues that were causing people to return them.

I have to wonder if they were being returned because

a: They didn't understand the stove and were sold in anyway
b: there are actually functional issues.

Looking at it more, it is definitely an interesting stove. The ability to use it with no electricity is an absolute selling point, but at the infancy of starting, I would probably avoid it for the first two years to see if they improve upon any issues that were causing people to return them.

I have to wonder if they were being returned because

a: They didn't understand the stove and were sold in anyway
b: there are actually functional issues.

The Answer is a. I am hearing from alot of owners who were not shown how to run the stove. Many were also not installed properly as well. I have a WiseWay and I love it. my house is toasty warm even in below zero temps. I have also sold and installed many and my customers are happy too. It's alot like a woodstove in how it operates and many are missing that.

The Answer is a. I am hearing from alot of owners who were not shown how to run the stove. Many were also not installed properly as well. I have a WiseWay and I love it. my house is toasty warm even in below zero temps. I have also sold and installed many and my customers are happy too. It's alot like a woodstove in how it operates and many are missing that.

Thought that might be it. Thanks for the down low. We are considering going as far off the electrical grid as we can at our getaway, and this looks like a great idea

Does anyone here in the NE have, or know someone who has a Wiseway pellet stove?

http://www.wisewaypelletstoves.com

Satellite

I would really like to see one in person running.
Sure. Where are you in New England? I can connect you with a dealer near you. Perhaps they can even refer you to a customer they have installed one for so you can get a first hand, no biased opinion as well[grin]

I think he is the same fellow that sings their praises on a couple other forums. I don't know if he is dealer or the owner but the screen name is familiar.

solar backup power? I could help you design the system. I would imagine it would be a trivial system and could be used for other things as well.

solar backup power? I could help you design the system. I would imagine it would be a trivial system and could be used for other things as well.

I plan on doing solar and 12V lighting in the house already. I prefer to keep my systems independent though. When I do a solar setup it will not be tied into my main. Completely separate wiring.

Back
Top Bottom