WMUR reporting that Dems are drafting Gun Control bills for next session

WMUR is now reporting that the Democrats and some of the Republicans are looking to draft laws to impinge on the rights of the law abiding.

NH Democrats, Republicans set priorities for next session

Hennessey and Rep. Katherine Rogers, D-Concord, are working on gun bills that the Democrats could pass if they win back majorities in the House or Senate.

"Things like universal background checks, closing the loopholes that exist in that," Rogers said. "We're talking about some simple, safe, responsible gun ownership."

Earlier this year, Senate Majority Leader Jeb Bradley said it's time to start a conversation about so-called "red flag" gun legislation aimed at taking firearms away from people who are showing escalating signs of violence.
Please stay involved if you want to stop this from happening. If you are interested in running for office, please send me a PM and I will get in touch with you.

We cannot let these legislators trample our natural rights.

-Design

They're are far too many democrats in all of New England's elected positions. Not that all Republicans are our friends, many are not, but even less Demoncrats are...this is an insurmountable problem in Mass, and still could be an issue in the free states of NH and ME. We already saw this shit in VT.

This is the difference between Dems and Repubs. Dems draft up gun-grabbing, confiscatory Un-Constitutional laws waiting for the right opportunity to strike. This was most certainly the case with the "SAFE" Act in NY.

Meanwhile Repubs spend 8 years whining about Obamacare and are deer-in-headlights when it comes time to draft up an alternative.

If Dems win big in the mid-terms, Trump will surely get impeached or will sign anything crap that throw his way under threat of impeachment.

Sununu?

As Gov Sununu signed con carry into law

He's gone as far as sending letters in support of RKBA to rallies that have happened post school shenanigans

At this point in time Sununu gets my vote so long as he wont support the ERO nonsense

I think he is confusing NorthEastShooters for MassachusettsShooters.

I wasn't aware we had such a problem with gun violence here.
You don't. And don't fall into the "Gun Violence" propaganda trap.

Should be focused on violent crime rates. NH was one of the 5 lowest in the nation. MA is 3X that of NH and is middle of the pack nationwide.

You don't. And don't fall into the "Gun Violence" propaganda trap.

Should be focused on violent crime rates. NH was one of the 5 lowest in the nation. MA is 3X that of NH and is middle of the pack nationwide.

Sorry I forgot my /sarc tag. I'm virtually never concerned when out with my family in NH. When I go to MA it's a completely different story.

Sununu?

As Gov Sununu signed con carry into law

He's gone as far as sending letters in support of RKBA to rallies that have happened post school shenanigans

At this point in time Sununu gets my vote so long as he wont support the ERO nonsense

He's a good guy, supports 2A, I've met him and talked to him.

WMUR is now reporting that the Democrats and some of the Republicans are looking to draft laws to impinge on the rights of the law abiding.

NH Democrats, Republicans set priorities for next session

Hennessey and Rep. Katherine Rogers, D-Concord, are working on gun bills that the Democrats could pass if they win back majorities in the House or Senate.

"Things like universal background checks, closing the loopholes that exist in that," Rogers said. "We're talking about some simple, safe, responsible gun ownership."

Earlier this year, Senate Majority Leader Jeb Bradley said it's time to start a conversation about so-called "red flag" gun legislation aimed at taking firearms away from people who are showing escalating signs of violence.
Please stay involved if you want to stop this from happening. If you are interested in running for office, please send me a PM and I will get in touch with you.

We cannot let these legislators trample our natural rights.

-Design

I agree but more than that, we need to clamp down on out of state tuition paying students from being able to vote in NH. These voters are screwing up everything.

I think he is confusing NorthEastShooters for MassachusettsShooters.

Your point? [rofl2]

iu

Republicans and Democrats trying to ban guns…

WMUR recently reported that Democrats and Republicans are BOTH trying to pass anti gun legislation and take away your civil right to be armed. Senator Martha Hennessey is continuing to push for an absolute and total ban on carrying guns in New Hampshire schools. Just so we understand how dangerous this proposal is, Florida has such a school gun ban and it cost lives. No one was able to fight back against the murderer in Parkland. The Hennessey proposal was soundly defeated earlier this year but she is not giving up. Not to be outdone, longtime anti-gun activist, Rep. Katherine Rogers wants to put you in jail for selling or giving a gun to a friend or family member. This to, has been soundly rejected in the past.

And of course, anti-gun Senate Majority Leader Jeb Bradley wants to pass a law allowing gun confiscation based on mere suspicion or even lies by family members or neighbors. We have previously reported on this bad idea as well.

When I speak with gun owners, many tell me that this is New Hampshire and we have nothing to worry about. And still others, who have moved here from anti-gun states like New York or Massachusetts tell me that we should just make a deal and these people will be satisfied and will leave us alone.

Sadly, we have a lot to worry about. We are in the Northeastern United States and that means we are always one election cycle away from the enactment of New York or Massachusetts style gun control.

I’ll be perfectly clear: We don’t make deals on Constitutionally protected civil rights. Those states are anti-gun precisely because gun owners have made deals. NHFC will not accept even one word of gun control. We will continue to pursue our 100% no compromise position.

It is time to be blunt: We need your help and we need it NOW! NHFC is an all volunteer organization and all money raised is used to directly fight these sort of anti-gun proposals.

If you are an NHFC Member, thank you! If you have been a member in the past but let your membership lapse, please consider re-joining. If you agree with our 100% pro-gun no compromise position please ask your friends and family members to become NHFC Members.

Click here to go to our membership page and join or rejoin NHFC.

Thanks for your continued support!

I'm a recent escapee from the PRM and I have one thing to say to all NH residents that think it can't happen here. You're WRONG, it can and it will if you don't stand up and stop it. Get yourself elected. I know it can interfere with your work and your social life but if you leave it to others you will be sorry. I've just moved here, with a new job, so before I start looking to get elected I need to learn about who represents me but rest assured that if they aren't good for NH I will support someone else or run myself. Do not leave the fight to others. Look what happened in VT.

One more point. When it comes to who you vote for. Don't let your desire to support a no chance 3rd party "to send a message" make you an unwitting supporter of splitting the vote and putting a Lib Dem in office.

A side note: The way the word "compromise" is being used is total BS. A compromise is when both sides give something. It is not when one sides gives in exchange for an empty promise not to take more. There has never been a true compromise and I won't play into their BS by saying "No Compromise". Show me a real compromise and I'll weight it on it's merits.

And a last note. Apathy got a Dem elected in Manchester. And I guarantee she sees this a a stepping stone to higher office, where she will institute the same ideas that her good friend Maura Healey did, and continues to, implement in MA, while seeking still higher office.

The barbarians are at the gates. Are you going to let them in?

I'm a recent escapee from the PRM and I have one thing to say to all NH residents that think it can't happen here. You're WRONG, it can and it will if you don't stand up and stop it. Get yourself elected. I know it can interfere with your work and your social life but if you leave it to others you will be sorry.

I'm working on it my friend...I'm finished with standing on the sidelines.

I am having a hard time recalling where anyone here has said it can't happen here or there. In fact, everyone actually involved in these threads knows full well what can happen.
Where did I say "on NES" [wink] I've spoken with a number of gun owners who are residents of NH who are blissfully unaware of what is happening elsewhere and how it is moving here.

Let us know where/when to send some money.

Believe me, I will need the funds and letters are going out to friends and family in the next couple of days. If anyone here wants me to send them one, either by snail mail or email, PM me your address or email address and I will oblige. I need to unseat a very liberal long seated incumbent.

Last edited:
Believe me, I will need the funds and letters are going out to friends and family in the next couple of days. If anyone here wants me to send them one, either by snail mail or email, PM me your address or email address and I will oblige. I need to unseat a very liberal long seated incumbent.

PM sent, but def start a thread for interest.

I'm in Nashua and still learning the lay of the land. If this is in my arealet me know.

One more point. When it comes to who you vote for. Don't let your desire to support a no chance 3rd party "to send a message" make you an unwitting supporter of splitting the vote and putting a Lib Dem in office.
Even more important: don't let slavish belief in one of the two major parties make you an unwitting supporter who puts a liberal Republican in office.

I'm in Nashua and still learning the lay of the land. If this is in my arealet me know.

Taking seats from entrenched liberals is in all of our interests. We should support our friends, especially members from here who are standing up to run.

Back
Top Bottom