Woburn Police Officer Shot

Dominic Cinelli’s parole records show a checkered past: a rehabilitated junkie who started shooting heroin at 14, he was a career criminal who at one point was serving three concurrent life sentences for several armed robberies, armed assault with intent to commit murder, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, and unlawful possession of a firearm.

But an appeals court decision made him eligible for parole and he walked in February 2009. The Parole Board at that time noted: “Cinelli’s release to community supervision at this time is not incompatible with the welfare of society.”.....

Every member of that parole board who voted yes should be shot.

Every member of that parole board who voted yes should be shot.

Unbelievable...three concurrent life sentences and they let this guy walk. They should all be charged as accessories to the crime. Likewise for judges that let these punks back out on the street to continue their crime spree. GD liberals.

liberal judges put these guys back on the streets to generate fear in the sheep. the fear then allows the liberals to enact laws "for their safety" successfully creating a police state for the average citizen but doing nothing to solve the crime problem.

the people that released this guy should be treated as accessories as well.

How does 3 life sentences get you to walk out the door?????? I know! They needed room to lock up one of us for not having a trigger lock!!!

Its a disgrace and if Deval had any balls he would demand answers from that parole board and judge just like the Mattapan community leaders demanded answers after the entire family was killed.

Sadly this will never happen. The murderer will be shown to be a man that had lost his job and was on welfare trying to support his family. But he was a good man. [rolleyes] Liberals will be brought to tears and the man will get a reduced charge and walk out the door by christmas next year.

I hate this state more now than ever before.

RIP officer.

God bless him and his family.

And may He be swift in His judgment upon the parole board members who allowed him to be needlessly slaughtered. Evil triumphed because it was condoned by the system whose job it is to keep it segregated from society.

A true disgrace. Sounds like everyone on that parole board needs to be fired asap.

RIP...

I heard this shit show in the eastern ma state police radio channel Sunday night when I was listening for traffic incidents and any interesting stuff. Never expected to hear something like this going on, so sad and so pointless.

A Real Hero

I am disgusted.....It is Shocking that this BRAVE Officer performed his Duty to the utmost and lost his life. Yet the "Third man" was held on $1,000 BAIL? And the Local Media dedicated a whole 21 seconds to this story, despite airing "Storm - Blizzard Coverage" for a solid 52 minutes. YES, A Police Officer Dies in the Line of Duty....In a Shoot-Out, and all they talk about is the Snow Storm!!

How about local news coverage in the local paper - "The Boston Herald". The LODD in Woburn, MA is covered on Page # 7, the paper calls it "A hail of gunfire" and "Wild West". But still only covered on Page # 7. Guess what was the theme of the Front Page and pages # 1 thru 6? You're Right.....The Snow Blizzard. Imagine that.. a snow storm in New England in December! Final thought....The Boston Herald had photos of 12 Fire Fighters in multiple photos on pages # 1 thru 6. The Boston Herald completely missed the concept of an American Hero. I guess its more important to talk about Snow in Winter. Disgusting!

Officer Maguire, thank you for your service. I'm sure that if I ever got a ticket from you I probably cursed you. However, none of this matters now.

You made the ultimate sacrifice doing your job, doing what was right. All matters aside, thank you and rest in peace.

The Broken Badge

He put on the blue late one cold winter night,

His badge upon his chest polished so bright,

Though his badge was old it shined like new,

For it was much loved by this man in blue.

His badge was his promise to all who came his way,

“I’m here to serve you,” it seemed to say,

A silver badge with edges straight and true,

Just like the heart of this man in blue.

He didn’t see the gun that took his life,

He slipped away crying out for his wife,

His broken badge clung bravely to his chest,

A shattered witness to his last breath.

His badge once shiny, bright, and new,

Now lies broken, bent, and blue,

A silver badge, now broken in two,

Just like the hearts, of his brothers in blue.

I just heard about the shooters record on the way home from work today. Who in their right mind could grant this dirt bag parole? If I recall the story correctly he tried to break out of prison twice? Not to mention all of the other charges.

I just heard about the shooters record on the way home from work today. Who in their right mind could grant this dirt bag parole? If I recall the story correctly he tried to break out of prison twice? Not to mention all of the other charges.

Don't forget the three "life" terms.

I heard some audio on WBZ this morning from the parole hearing and it was something like, "We're taking a huge risk by letting you out there......good luck and congrats." As I'm thinking WTF. We need to get some competent people on that board apparently.

I heard some audio on WBZ this morning from the parole hearing and it was something like, "We're taking a huge risk by letting you out there......good luck and congrats." As I'm thinking WTF. We need to get some competent people on that board apparently.

In THIS state!? Good luck! Moon-bats abound and I could not believe my ears when I heard his sentence and got paroled! WTF! How does one get THREE life terms and get out!!??

I feel so bad for the family, friends and his colleagues.

I wonder why police officers even bother. Scumbags get arrested over and over again, in some cases at the risk of officers' lives each time, yet the judicial system and parole boards just turn them back out to try again. Why risk your life for a system that evidently doesn't care? No man should be asked to die for a cause that others intentionally make futile.

The entire Parole Board and Cinelli's scumbag attorney should be forced to attend Officer Maguire's funeral and face the family. As a 27+ year LEO, my heart goes out to Officer Maguire's friends and family. RIP brother.

I wonder why police officers even bother. Scumbags get arrested over and over again, in some cases at the risk of officers' lives each time, yet the judicial system and parole boards just turn them back out to try again. Why risk your life for a system that evidently doesn't care? No man should be asked to die for a cause that others intentionally make futile.

Back in the late 1970s I knew the Commr of Corrections and he told me that every one of the lifers at Walpole State Prison (I'm not PC) WOULD be RELEASED, sooner or later!!! [shocked]

Not new and nothing has changed and likely nothing will. We need the death penalty but that won't happen in MA either . . . and if perchance the stars aligned and it passed, it would NEVER be implemented!!

Thank you Officer Maguire for your service. I apologize to you and your family for the no win situation the commonwealth of ma put you in. We had our chance to get rid of the liberal pewks in November, but failed. I am not confident that much will change.

Holy mackerel! Deval Patrick found his testicles and actually DID something.

In wake of officer's slaying, governor announces sweeping housecleaning at Parole Board

Governor Deval Patrick has announced sweeping changes at the Massachusetts Parole Board, including the resignations of five board members and the executive director, after an inquiry into the board's decision in 2008 to free a violent career criminal who shot and killed a Woburn police officer in late December.

Patrick said he was moving to restore the public's confidence in an agency whose failures had led to the killing of veteran Officer John "Jack" Maguire on the day after Christmas.

"After this review, I cannot say that the Parole Board or parole office did all they could to ensure public safety," he said at a State House news conference.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2011/01/governor_announ_2.html

So he didn't fire them. Meh. It's better than nothing, but they should have been fired for cause.

Most people in positions of that level aren't fired. They're told to resign. Sometimes they disappear, later showing up with another cushy job within the administration.

Bah, it's behind a regwall. Did people lose their jobs?

The Executive director and five board members resigned. Also, he wants to "terminate several other parole office staff: the chief of the field services office, the field office supervisor, and the parole officer in charge of the paroled convict's supervision. Another staffer, the head of the transitional services office, will be suspended and receive a written reprimand."

Back
Top Bottom