Woburn Police Officer Shot

RIP, Sir.

Funny, or maybe it is just sad to see the cop bashers from this site give their condolences.

Phonies.

Just because one doesn't agree with every aspect of a particular profession, doesn't mean that person rejoices when a member of said profession is killed. WTF is your point with this post?

R.I.P. Officer Maguire.

That really sucks and with 34 years on the job too. Such a shame. This guy should have been planning his retirement and moving to some place not getting 2ft of snow right now.

RIP [halfmast]

It sad what some people will do for a little cash or jewelry these days. This happen about 1 min from my work and I was going to run in there Thurs for a last minute gift card. I figured it would be easier than going to the mall. At least he got one. Its just to bad we won't be able to fry the others involved.

Who the hell robs a Kohl's? Its not exactly a cash-heavy business.

They robbed the jewelry counter...

A Woburn police officer was shot and killed after a holdup at a Kohl's jewelry counter...

>snip<

Two were arrested and charged in connection with the shooting. Scott Hanwright, 19, of Wakefield, was charged with first degree murder and armed robbery. Kevin Dingwell, 51, of Wakefield, was charged with accessory after the fact, Woburn Police Chief Philip Mahoney said.

>snip<

A man shoveling snow in front of the store at the time of the shooting said he saw a suspect run past him carrying boxes of jewelry. He said the man had a weapon in his hand.

"He had a gun. I was going to tackle him but I realized when he was running he had presents in his hand, but I didn't see the gun right away. Then right down there, that's when, next thing you know, I heard gunshots. Five of them," Jeff Browning said.

Browning said he heard the suspect tell the officer "Do not do it," before the shots were fired.....

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/r/26283116/detail.html

Terrible. RIP Officer Maguire.
The report said he was hit in the chest? If so, was he wearing a vest? I know that projectiles sometimes travel through an unprotected area into the torso. Or was the POS firing something heavy? I guess we'll find out eventually.
In any case a waste of a good man, and a tragedy for his family and his department.

So it's crappy mall jewelry? That'll fetch a high return from the fence. But I'm sure these two mental giants were just turning their lives around (gonna git mah G-E-D!) and trying to provide for their seven children with eight different women (a loving father!) and overcoming substance abuse problems (by scoring more).

The officer's family members are not the only ones I feel sorry for. I would not want to be a Woburn resident trying to obtain/renew a LTC (especially an unrestricted one) any time soon.

Well first Woburn has always been listed as red which means restricted anyways.

Second we know nothing about the people involved. I can almost guarantee though the only one who could legally have a firearm is the police officer. So therefore re-strcited unrestricted LTC's would have not have changed the outcome here.

They said 1 was dead and 2 arrested. For all we known none of the 3 had ltc's. I would assume they don't. Also we don't know how many of the 3 if not more were shooting. I don't care who you are or what you have. If its 3 on 1, the chance of you walking away from something like that are close to 0.

Bulletproof stuff is getting thinner and lighter. They already have bullet proof outwear that looks like regular clothing although very expensive. I was watching a documentary on it.

Although this is an old article:
http://www.nanowerk.com/spotlight/spotid=1054.php

Coincidentally the company i work for around the corner from this Kohls specializes in carbon nanotubes although we don't use them for the purpose of developing bullet proofing materials though.

Last edited:
RIP Ofc. Maguire.

[halfmast]

nleomflogo2.jpg

Funny, or maybe it is just sad to see the cop bashers from this site give their condolences.

Not the time or the place. This gentleman died trying to take a bunch of violent armed thugs off the street to protect the rest of us. There is nothing more that a man can give to his fellow man than what he gave.

May you rest in peace, sir.

One is out on $1,000 bail WTF is wrong with this state. *Numerous channels said 1 grand but the globe said 100,000 but that's the only news source Ive read that amount for.

...The town’s post-Christmas peace was shattered by ex-con Dominic Cinelli, 57, of Woburn, and his plan to use the blizzard’s cover to knock over the department store. His scheme ended in the exchange of gunfire, which left him dying on the snow-swept, diamond-strewn pavement.

His two accused accomplices were in on the “well-planned and well-choreographed” gem heist, said prosecutor Marian Ryan. Scott Hanwright, 19, of Wakefield, “the lookout,” waited outside the store as Cinelli went inside just after 8:40 p.m., armed, masked and striking customers and employees, Ryan said. She said Cinelli knew to strike just before closing as the jewelry employees were moving diamonds to a safe for the night.

Hanwright, who has no criminal record, pleaded not guilty yesterday to first-degree murder and armed robbery, and is being held without bail. Kevin Dingwell, 51, of Wakefield, who Ryan said was supposed to be the getaway driver, is charged with being an accessory after the fact of murder. He was held on $1,000 cash bail.

>snip<

Dominic Cinelli’s parole records show a checkered past: a rehabilitated junkie who started shooting heroin at 14, he was a career criminal who at one point was serving three concurrent life sentences for several armed robberies, armed assault with intent to commit murder, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, and unlawful possession of a firearm.

But an appeals court decision made him eligible for parole and he walked in February 2009. The Parole Board at that time noted: “Cinelli’s release to community supervision at this time is not incompatible with the welfare of society.”.....

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/r...hail_of_bullets_diamonds/srvc=home&position=1

Back
Top Bottom