Woman Assaulted Leaving NH "Gun-Free Zone"

(cross-posted at NLB)

As of sometime last year (last time I saw a movie there, anyway) the Regal Cinema in Newington was a posted "gun-free zone".

Perhaps they (and their customers) would be better served by posting some No Sexual Predators Allowed signs instead.

NEWINGTON, N.H. -- Police in Newington are looking for a man they said sexually assaulted a woman inside Regal Cinema in July.

Police said the woman was leaving the theater around 2 a.m. on July 19 when the suspect came up behind her near the door of the theater. They believe the suspect was captured on the theater's surveillance system.

Three words: Concealed means concealed.

Just sayin'.

Signs are meaningless (legally) in NH. I'll bet that she wasn't a gun owner.

Sorry to hear of this happening, but situational awareness is really needed (all the time) . . . only walk out in a group (even if they are all strangers) especially during late hours, carry a weapon, get loud if someone crowds your space, etc.

I carry everywhere I go.... open in some places concealed in others. I wish I had a method to take my pistol with me to MA that wasn't insanely expensive. But if/when I get a job in NH, my pistol will always be on me or in my car (if work has a policy against it).

Of course he isn't...he was suggesting an alternative way of carrying concealed is all.

But, of course.

...a method ... that wasn't insanely expensive.

Kel-Tec in the pocket = $250 (OK, you do have to cough up the $12 for a pair of pants at Wal-mart to actually have a pocket)

1911 w/ a good IWB holster = $700+

I can think of one. It involves a .380 pocket gun and a pocket.

I have a pistol that I can conceal in MA. I did before I escaped.

I have pondered keeping my pistol disassembled in a locked safe in my locked trunk, cable tied to the frame of my car...

But I can't seem to find money in my bank account to pay Cross-X, Scrivener, etc. Then again if I did find enough money to pay them, I'd buy myself more rifles and ammo.

And what would be the issue with it?

We don't advocate breaking the law and encourage criminal or unlawful activity. Anyone, including law enforcement agencies has the right to passively observe or monitor any website on the net, those websites that advocate illegal or unlawful activities frequently can become websites of interest and can find themselves under further scrutiny by said agency, or individuals who post there can.

I know whereof I speak.

Also too, there are the Forum Guidelines:

"You cannot use Northeast Shooters.com’s services to publish, post, distribute, or disseminate defamatory, infringing, obscene, or other unlawful material or information ..." (italics are mine)

I do not wish to turn this into a debate about free speech, the First Amendment or what you think is right or wrong philosophically...it is reality and to reiterate, I know whereof I speak (or in this case write) and it is probably best that I leave it at that.

Respectfully,

Mark L.

Last edited:
A former Massachusetts state rep use to tell me that the best gun to carry which required no license was a flare gun. And would protect the person quite well

common sense I would imagine being an issue, on advising someone to break the law period, nevermind on a public forum.....

Regal Cinemas announces bag search policy

Looks like Regal Cinemas hasn't learned their lesson,
Union-Leader said:
A national movie theater chain with three locations in New Hampshire has announced that employees will begin searching all bags and purses brought in by moviegoers, following recent theater shootings in Tennessee and Louisiana.
. . .
There were no signs posted outside the theater warning of the policy, and no signs posted at the counter where patrons purchase tickets.
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20150817/NEWS07/150819403

I can think of one. It involves a .380 pocket gun and a pocket.

I was showing my sister my handguns. She just got her LTC. I have a .380 ppks and I was wearing shorts and slipped it into my front pocket. She was amazed at how the gun disappeared.

Easy enough to conceal for almost any situation. But if the woman wasn't a gun owner this method doesn't really seem to help. Situational awareness and a weapon seem to be two good items to always have with you no matter where you go.

Isn't movie revenue down a ton over the last 10 years or so? Do they really want to be alienating any customers?

Seriously. When you can wait a few months for a movie to come out on Blue Ray or on demand and watch it at home with AR across your lap and a sidearm on each hip (if you desire) and eat free popcorn, why you would anyone spend the extra $ at the movie theater?

Only movies we have gone to see in years have been at the drive-in theater, bring your own food, carry whatever you want. Double header for $25/car load, can't be beat!

Seriously. When you can wait a few months for a movie to come out on Blue Ray or on demand and watch it at home with AR across your lap and a sidearm on each hip (if you desire) and eat free popcorn, why you would anyone spend the extra $ at the movie theater?

But there are some movies that are meant to be seen at least once on a big IMAX screen.

The new Star Wars is one such film. However that theater will be the safest place in NH. I'll be carrying as will my friends who will be seeing it with me. So at current count there will be at least 5 people packing heat in that theater.

I would settle for a movie theater that actually has real butter on the popcorn. That weird shit that comes out of the dispenser now tastes like some kind of butter flavored motor oil, its awful.

-Mike

I would settle for a movie theater that actually has real butter on the popcorn. That weird shit that comes out of the dispenser now tastes like some kind of butter flavored motor oil, its awful.

-Mike
I'm pretty sure that stuff is some kind of liquid plastic. The only place I recall that has real coconut oil (last time I checked) is in Farmington Maine. Sadly I am severely allergic to coconut, but it's good for the rest of you who don't suffer from my malfunction.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

But there are some movies that are meant to be seen at least once on a big IMAX screen.

The new Star Wars is one such film. However that theater will be the safest place in NH. I'll be carrying as will my friends who will be seeing it with me. So at current count there will be at least 5 people packing heat in that theater.

Yup. Hear you on that one. I haven't been to the theaters since Revenge of the Sith came out in 2005. Might go to check out the new Star Wars movie at some point, though.

And, yes, I will be carrying.

And if they search my bag and find my S&W 500, what are they supposed to do? Grab it? Call 911? Shelter in place? Lockdown?

What they can do is ask you to leave, and call the po po if you refuse.

What they could possibly do is start screaming, attack you and call 911, upon which you should sue their pants off.

Back
Top Bottom