Woman shot, killed by bear hunter

Accidents and incompetence are like crimes, no matter how many rules and regulations you have they will always happen. Just ask Dick Cheney.

If this kid doesn't get charged I just hope the family sues the hell out of him, this is a much too big of a mistake not to go unpunished.

It would do everyone well in the long run if people who went off the beaten path wore a bright color. And not just for the safety from hunters aspect.

Yeap. It's one reason I keep a red-orange bandanna tied around my hat most of the year when off in the woods. People hunt these here woods! [smile]

That, and the bandanna usually has 100% DEET on it.

Agreed that the juvenile shooter was in the wrong.

Agreed that the adult supervising the shooter was in the wrong. A juvenile should be instructed to ask for confirmation of the target before placing his hand near the trigger.

My guess is the age of the juvenile could have something to do with whether charges are pursued.

......if people are allowed to hike in an area where people can hunt it should be required that people entering the area where bright colors. Safety orange comes to mind....
These are the North Cascade mountains of Washington. This isn't the Berkshires.

Shooter was 14y. He was with his 16y brother.

Woman's name is Pamela Almli -- you can find online articles using her name.

Back
Top Bottom