Woman tries to bring gun to boyfriends arraignment

Garys

NES Member

It's not exactly a love story for the ages. A 22-year-old woman tried to bring a loaded pistol into a Boston courthouse this week as she went to support her boyfriend, who was being arraigned on firearms charges, authorities said.

Octavia Kelly, of Boston, faces charges of possession of a firearm without a license, possession of ammunition without a license, possession of a firearm with a defaced serial number, and illegal possession of a loaded firearm, the Suffolk County District Attorney's Office said. She is being held without bail, pending a dangerousness hearing next week, the prosecutor said.

It's not exactly a love story for the ages. A 22-year-old woman tried to bring a loaded pistol into a Boston courthouse this week as she went to support her boyfriend, who was being arraigned on firearms charges, authorities said.

Octavia Kelly, of Boston, faces charges of possession of a firearm without a license, possession of ammunition without a license, possession of a firearm with a defaced serial number, and illegal possession of a loaded firearm, the Suffolk County District Attorney's Office said. She is being held without bail, pending a dangerousness hearing next week, the prosecutor said.
I always get a good laugh at all the charges.

Possession of a firearm without a license + illegal possession of a loaded firearm 🤔

Also, just to throw it out there, this is true love. How many wives / girlfriends would bring a gun for you guys?

It's standard practice to over charge suspects. Then as the case proceeds charges can be plea bargained away. Interesting that she is being held without bail.

I always get a good laugh at all the charges.

Possession of a firearm without a license + illegal possession of a loaded firearm 🤔

Also, just to throw it out there, this is true love. How many wives / girlfriends would bring a gun for you guys?

unrelated but relevant comment. the recent movie 'menu' - where whole restaurant is held hostage - all i could think of - poor jerks, if just any of you had a means for self defense...

but it is not what movies are about, you role now is to suffer and be a victim.

Sounds like a potential nice white Irish name.
in the mid 70's, i worked with a woman from laos who re-named herself octavia legally so it could be on her new citizenship documents. i know she was asked about the name constantly. i think i remember she said it was painted on the nose of an american huey chopper and simply liked it. and also, she liked the sound of it when people from southeast asia pronounced it in their distinct accents. i haven't thought about her in years, a really super nice person she was.

george-costanza-was-that-wrong.gif

Years ago I was evicting a tenant. Single mom who never had any intention of paying the rent. Friend of a friend who totally screwed me over. So we're at court to toss her sorry ass out.

She's got the LATEST moronic loser dude who is looking for a coochie and a place to sleep for the night. They are wheeling in her 9 mo old in teh stroller (not his kid, BTW).

He gets to the doors of the court and looks around. Then wanders back to the shrubbery and places a knife at the base of one shrub. Then comes in. LOL

Clearly a felon - because WTF cares, moron. Just hand it to the bailiff or whatever.

I almost went out and picked it up. I was too preoccupied with the proceedings. Which were funny. She tried to "fool" the judge with her indignation and accusations. "This guy takes you in as a tenant only to throw you out - is that fair?"
"Miss - did you pay the rent?"
"Well, no. I needed that money for the next place."
"Do you have the back rent today, if that were to work out?"
"Well, no."
"Just so we're clear - you haven't paid rent since you moved in."
"Yeah. Because he wants to throw me out."
"Did he say that before you stopped paying?"
"Well, no. But you just knew."

LOL
She got into this huge blowup with my atty on the way out of the court. She comes at me in teh clerk's office. "So that's it, I'm out?" [rofl] At this point, it's humorous to me. But he can't help but be Mister Correct and explain to her a process she is CLEARLY familiar with. So she goes OFF on him. LOL. Bang-dude drags her out, they leave, he gets about 5 steps down teh sidewalk and. . . . remembers his knife. Damn I should have grabbed it.

Not that I think this woman is a fine upstanding citizen of high ideals and morality, but - none of these charges should even be a law.

george-costanza-was-that-wrong.gif

Years ago I was evicting a tenant. Single mom who never had any intention of paying the rent. Friend of a friend who totally screwed me over. So we're at court to toss her sorry ass out.

She's got the LATEST moronic loser dude who is looking for a coochie and a place to sleep for the night. They are wheeling in her 9 mo old in teh stroller (not his kid, BTW).

He gets to the doors of the court and looks around. Then wanders back to the shrubbery and places a knife at the base of one shrub. Then comes in. LOL

Clearly a felon - because WTF cares, moron. Just hand it to the bailiff or whatever.

I almost went out and picked it up. I was too preoccupied with the proceedings. Which were funny. She tried to "fool" the judge with her indignation and accusations. "This guy takes you in as a tenant only to throw you out - is that fair?"
"Miss - did you pay the rent?"
"Well, no. I needed that money for the next place."
"Do you have the back rent today, if that were to work out?"
"Well, no."
"Just so we're clear - you haven't paid rent since you moved in."
"Yeah. Because he wants to throw me out."
"Did he say that before you stopped paying?"
"Well, no. But you just knew."

LOL
She got into this huge blowup with my atty on the way out of the court. She comes at me in teh clerk's office. "So that's it, I'm out?" [rofl] At this point, it's humorous to me. But he can't help but be Mister Correct and explain to her a process she is CLEARLY familiar with. So she goes OFF on him. LOL. Bang-dude drags her out, they leave, he gets about 5 steps down teh sidewalk and. . . . remembers his knife. Damn I should have grabbed it.
Does being a landlord ever pay off?

Back
Top Bottom