Woman who used ERPO against LEO who fatally shot her son found guilty of lying

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
Fort Collins woman found guilty of lying on red flag petition against CSU police officer
Susan Holmes was found guilty of perjury and attempting to influence a public servant by a jury Friday morning for lying on an extreme risk protection order petition — also known as a red flag petition — she filed in January 2020 against CSU Cpl. Phillip Morris.

The red flag law allows members of law enforcement, a family member or a household member to petition to have a person's firearms removed if they are deemed by a judge to be a threat to themselves or others.

In the petition filed Jan. 9, 2020, Holmes checked a box saying she is a family or household member of Morris — one of two officers involved in the fatal shooting of her son, 19-year-old Jeremy Holmes, on July 1, 2017 — specifically that she has a child in common with Morris. Both officers were cleared from wrongdoing by the district attorney at the time of the shooting, Cliff Riedel.

Shame. I get she's heartbroken, but she's actually hurting any chance of whatever they are trying to achieve in court with all this extracurricular activity. I'm not siding with either side here. Just pointing out all her craziness is pretty much slam dunking everything closed on whatever is left of a case here, including her original attorney walking away from the case.

Impossible. Women never lie on red flag law applications.

#onelietoomany

I was just talking to my daughter about something similar this past weekend.

I said something like, Amber Heard should have a statue dedicated to her somewhere. Because here comes the tidal wave. After 50 years of 'we should be equal,' suddenly, a woman striking a man in a domestic argument is now considered some sort of battery. The tables will swiftly turn and the 58 different ways women screw men because everything is biased towards believing them is dead and gone.

It's a good day to be a responsible American. Amber Heard is making crazy women actually be called crazy. Elon Musk purchases Twitter and will clean house. Disney is gonna have to walk back a WHOOOLE lot of rhetoric if they want to keep their special tax status in FL. Loud and stupid has consequences.

Excellent they prosecuted this perjury but I wonder if they would have if the victim of the lies was not a cop?

Also, a shameful aspect of the legal system is the abuse of the temporary restraining order system where people routinely lie and completely fabricate things and never are prosecuted. That needs to be addressed, it’s long overdue

Shame. I get she's heartbroken, but she's actually hurting any chance of whatever they are trying to achieve in court with all this extracurricular activity. I'm not siding with either side here. Just pointing out all her craziness is pretty much slam dunking everything closed on whatever is left of a case here, including her original attorney walking away from the case.

Good!!!!...RED FLAG LAWS NEED TO GO AWAY BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

Her case is just typical of the abuses that will only escalate if they remain law.

I hope she does 5 years.

Good!!!!...RED FLAG LAWS NEED TO GO AWAY BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

Her case is just typical of the abuses that will only escalate if they remain law.

I hope she does 5 years.

Agreed. And don't get me wrong. I wasn't sticking up for redflag laws. Just pointing out she was ruining her own legal battle by pulling these stunts. And I'm sure her lawyer had no intention on attempting redflag.

“…an extreme risk protection order petition — also known as a red flag petition — she filed in January 2020 against CSU Cpl. Phillip Morris.”

Phillip Morris, really??? What’s the over/under that both his parents were smokers?

She needs to retain the Law Firm of Benson & Hedges...

1650988706147.png

Also, a shameful aspect of the legal system is the abuse of the temporary restraining order system where people routinely lie and completely fabricate things and never are prosecuted. That needs to be addressed, it’s long overdue
Please, allow me to recap:
Bill Handel, host of Handel on the Law,
refers to Small Claims Court as "Liar's Court"
on his syndicated radio show.
As if almost any other court is any different.

I wonder if courts' disinterest in prosecuting perjury
is some kind of side-effect of the government's normalization
of libel and slander in more recent decades.

The last I heard, the UK civil system remains death on libel.
I wonder if the courts chase perjurers harder as well?

Excellent they prosecuted this perjury but I wonder if they would have if the victim of the lies was not a cop?

How does that expression go?
You get as much justice as you can afford .
Or something like that .

How does that expression go?
You get as much justice as you can afford .
Or something like that .

When the state is paying the bill its resources are inexhaustible! Your paying for it!
They have so called abused females working in the courthouses to ensure the complainants lies are hugly exaggerated.
They want to keep their jobs right? More clients more jobs!
S.A.D.

Good luck & Best wishes....

When the state is paying the bill its resources are inexhaustible! Your paying for it!
They have so called abused females working in the courthouses to ensure the complainants lies are hugly exaggerated.
They want to keep their jobs right? More clients more jobs!
S.A.D.

Good luck & Best wishes....

The way some prosecutors rack up legal costs on defendants to “encourage “ and a plea is definitely a problem. Some definitely plead guilty because they’re getting wrecked financially I with the legal expenses

Back
Top Bottom