Wood Grips Help

So I acquired some grips the other day but need some help identifying what models they go to. Any help be greatly appreciated. #6 is a colt the #7 is a Taurus the rest are Smith & Wesson. If you know any please just put the # with what frame it goes to be great. Thanks20210110_093341.jpg

I am far from an expert on this. By looks I would say 1-4 are different K/L frame variants and 5 looks to be more of an N frame. If you’re near Gardner I have a k frame round butt you can try out to see if any fit.

#5 was called combat grips. #5 is for a K frame Smith. It was shipped from the factory on the square butt, model 19. I believe later, model 66's were all round butt, K frames. The earlier versions of #5 had no cut out for use with speed loaders. Later versions did have the speed loader cut out.

I forgot to mention, that I have a set of square #5, sans the speed loader cut out, that came from smith on my square butt, nickel model 19.

Last edited:
1-4 look like they are for square butt K frames- models 14, 15, 17, 18, 19 and a few more.

#5 looks like it’s for a square butt N frame- models 27, 28, 29 and others.

Check out Smith & Wesson forums for confirmation.

#6 may be the most valuable out of the bunch. Not sure but those may be from a short barreled Lawman which are very specific to the snub. ETA- now that I look at them a bit more closely, they could be for the Colt Agent that had a shorter grip frame for concealment. The wood on the bottom looks to enlarge the grip.

The top #1-4 magna grips are nice as a couple of them look to be numbered (matches the serial of the gun). Silver vs black washers are also an indicator of value too. That is if you are going to resell. Too bad they are not diamonds and looks to be missing grip screws?

The #5 Target grips are nice but to really figure out if its for K/L or N, you may need to just try them on a sq butt gun or measure the bottom of the grips frame.

#5 was called combat grips. #5 is for a K frame Smith. It was shipped from the factory on the square butt, model 19. I believe later, model 66's were all round butt, K frames. The earlier versions of #5 had no cut out for use with speed loaders. Later versions did have the speed loader cutout.
I forgot to mention that I have a set of #5 without the speedloader cut out. The came from the smith factory on my nickel finnish, 4" modl 19.
#6 may be the most valuable out of the bunch. Not sure but those may be from a short barreled Lawman which are very specific to the snub. ETA- now that I look at them a bit more closely, they could be for the Colt Agent that had a shorter grip frame for concealment. The wood on the bottom looks to enlarge the grip.

The top #1-4 magna grips are nice as a couple of them look to be numbered (matches the serial of the gun). Silver vs black washers are also an indicator of value too. That is if you are going to resell. Too bad they are not diamonds and looks to be missing grip screws?

The #5 Target grips are nice but to really figure out if its for K/L or N, you may need to just try them on a sq butt gun or measure the bottom of the grips frame.
Notice that the Colt #6 grips are totally checkered and are probably somewhat checkered by hand.

Back
Top Bottom