• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Woodchuck with a .177 pellet rifle???

All my pellet guns are .22. Just happened that way, and not a conscious decision.

If you're stuck with a pellet gun, Walmart sells Gamo Rocket pellets which are simple lead pellets with what looks like an almost 177 BB in the nose.

Biggest I've killed were skunks with them, but I love the concept. They will make chipmunks spread their guts over a decent area if you hit them wrong.

IMG_1154.jpg

All my pellet guns are .22. Just happened that way, and not a conscious decision.

If you're stuck with a pellet gun, Walmart sells Gamo Rocket pellets which are simple lead pellets with what looks like an almost 177 BB in the nose.

Biggest I've killed were skunks with them, but I love the concept. They will make chipmunks spread their guts over a decent area if you hit them wrong.

View attachment 619552
I've had phenomenal luck in using these to kill rabbit and woodchucks in my backyard with my 22.

I hit that woodchuck back in 2017 in the neck he ran off and we have not seen him since, but today my wife looked out the kitchen window called me look at a younger smaller woodchuck by the back shed. Time to get the Gamo .177 out again.

A 177 cal. bronze tip pellet shot from a 1200 fps Jim S air gun will anchor a groundhog just fine at 35 yds. Killed 4 from my back door . With that gun . I've it. JIMMY5

I've been using my Walther reign in 25 to drop these little bastereds pretty quickly. This year I'm going with predator poly mags in 26 grn. These gave me mixed results in 22. My goal is to kill them in my yard.(I want a confirmed body count) I hate it when they die in my neigboors yard.

Back
Top Bottom