Worcester IDPA 3/13/10

Mike-Mike

Instructor
Dealer
NES Member
Please join us for a great IDPA match hosted at Worcester Pistol and Rifle club. This match is open to the public. www.wprclub.com

Match Director: Negotiator
Time 9:15- 9:45 registration - safety briefing 10:00
Practice Held Sunday the 7th at 6:00p.

See you all there![smile]

Last edited:
Hmm I may have to clear that day for this event. Been a rough month at sea, I need some 1911 therapy.

I'm new to IDPA, having only shot a qualifier at S&W. I have a couple questions.

Is this a "lost brass" match?

Is is fired indoors or outdoors?

Can I come to the practice?

Thanks,
Russ Bertrand

A few more Q's,

How many rounds are necessary for the match?

Do I need a flashlight?

Why is there a giant advertisement in my previous post?

I'm new to IDPA, having only shot a qualifier at S&W. I have a couple questions.

Is this a "lost brass" match?

Is is fired indoors or outdoors?

Can I come to the practice?

How many rounds are necessary for the match?

Do I need a flashlight?

Why is there a giant advertisement in my previous post?

Thanks,
Russ Bertrand

Most matches are not lost brass. Lost brass matches are usually sanctioned ones where there are a lot of shooters and time is important.
Worcester has 1 indoor range. The rest of the stages are outdoors.
Worcester has practices. Sign up for their yahoo group to be included on the emails.
Matches are less than 200 but bring roughly that or a bit more to be sure.
Yes, typically you need a flashlight for the indoor stage if low light
There was a giant advertisement in your post because you hadn't logged in yet. Once you login those ads disappear.

No light with a flashlight is fine, regular light indoors is fine. Dim light with no flashlight sucks!

Is the intro to IDPA class required to participate? And can anyone or any WP&R member show up for the practices?

Thanks

Is the intro to IDPA class required to participate? And can anyone or any WP&R member show up for the practices?

Thanks

Nope, anyone can attend an IDPA match. You might want to attend a practice first to get a good idea of what a match entails. There is a practice tomorrow night at WPR starting at 6:30 and it only costs $5.00. It really is worth it. PM me if you have any questions reguarding our matches.

We will be moving up the registration time now and in the future. Registration will be 9:15 to 9:45am. John does a great job but is having some problems doing last minute squad shuffling to accomodate late arriving shooters wishing to shoot in a squad with their friends. If you want to shoot with your buddies, please get to the club in a timely fashion. Late arrivals will shoot in whatever squad John can fit you in. Thank you for your understanding in this matter and my apologies for even having to say it.

Peter

Is there a place for someone interesting in seeing what IDPA is all about to watch? I've been curious about maybe trying it out, but I'd kinda like to see it first...

drb

Is there a place for someone interesting in seeing what IDPA is all about to watch? I've been curious about maybe trying it out, but I'd kinda like to see it first...

You can come to watch, but if you do, you'll likely wish you had brought your gear. If you have experience with safely drawing from the holster, we can help you with the rest.

You can come to watch, but if you do, you'll likely wish you had brought your gear. If you have experience with safely drawing from the holster, we can help you with the rest.

What type of "gear" is involved? My carry is a PPS..... but I have a G22 and a 92fs but I dont have holsters for either at the moment.... what else is need for IDPA matches? how many rounds do you usually go through?\

drb

handgun in 9mm / 38spl or greater caliber
3 magazines / speedloaders
Strong side belt holster
2 mag carriers (pockets will work)
garment to conceal your holster/mags
flashlight (you can usually borrow one)
eye and ear protection

You could shoot with the PPS, but it'd be pretty tough. The Stock Service Pistol division allows mags up to 10 rounds, so you'd have extra reloads. Stages can be up to 18 rounds, so you may be pretty tight on ammo. The G22 or 92FS would be perfect for SSP. A typical club match is about 100 rounds. People usually bring 150-200 to be safe.

I picked up a Fobus holster for my 1911 and a double mag holder the morning of my first shoot. I think they were 20 bucks a piece.

Looks like the weather is going to fight us. Is the match rain or shine?

In the words of one of the WPRC IDPA co-founders (also a ski patroller), "any terrain, any conditions". Shooting in bad weather is a great test of your gear and mindset.

Back
Top Bottom