Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club

I am just curious if anyone is a member at the Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club in Boylston. I am just looking for some opinions on the club. I went to an orientation meeting last week and plan on becoming a member (if I get voted in). Unfortunately the meeting was at night and I could not see the outdoor ranges that well. The people that held the meeting seemed very nice and knowledgeable. Seems like it is a good place to learn from more experienced members. Any input would be appreciated.

Brent and I are members there and we like the club. It's small, but it's very close to work is is rarely busy.

I appreciate the offer. My schedule for the next couple of weeks is pretty hectic. New semester started so its a pretty busy time of year trying to get students what they need. Will you be at the meeting on Thursday?

WPR is a great, safe place to shoot. There is a 40 yard pistol range, an IDPA/IPSC-style pistol pit, and a combined 25, 50, 100, 140 yard range.

Very sensible range rules, nothing oppressive.

I've been a member for many years. Great place to shoot!

WPR is a great, safe place to shoot. There is a 40 yard pistol range, an IDPA/IPSC-style pistol pit, and a combined 25, 50, 100, 140 yard range.

Very sensible range rules, nothing oppressive.

I've been a member for many years. Great place to shoot!

I can't wait to go and shoot if I get voted in. Are there people willing to through the IDPA stuff? I have never seen that before but a lot of people talk about it here.

I can't wait to go and shoot if I get voted in. Are there people willing to through the IDPA stuff? I have never seen that before but a lot of people talk about it here.

When it comes to IDPA, you have the chance to get in on the ground floor. This is the first year IDPA has been offered at WPR. Drop [email protected] an email to get on the Yahoo Groups list, or visit the www.wprclub.com web site and sign up in the IDPA section.

I did get voted in. Went down for the first time a couple weeks ago. It wasn't bad at all. I spent a couple hours in the indoor range. I was there from 2130-2330 alone. It was great to shoot again as it has been almost 10 years. I would definitely recommend the WPR to anyone. It is affordable and there are not too many hoops to jump through. Thanks Derek and Cross-X for the help.

Worcester Pistol & Rifle Club

Anyone know anything about this club. I'm Looking to find a new range that has indoor and outdoor pistol ranges and is just a gun club. No sportsmans clubs or rod and gun clubs. Also I want to be within a 30 minute driving distance outside of Worcester.

The shooting portion of my basic pistol class was at WPRC. Seemed like a nice set of ranges with no BS rules. I know they have an active IDPA chapter. Several posters here are members there, so I'm sure they can tell you more.

I'm a member and I like it. Quiet and a good location right off of 140.
I was a (frustrated) member of Boston Gun Range. As far as range rules, in the indoor pistol range you are limited to FMJ? One of the draw backs of BGR is that you can only shoot FMJ and nothing hotter than 1000fps. So I could never shoot my AR inside and never test JHP or personal defense loads for any of my guns. Are there many limitations like BGR?

Indoor range does not allow hollow point. Semi-jacketed and lead are ok. Only rifles allowed inside are 22's. Range is 50 ft and open 24/7. Everyone I've met and shot with there are pretty friendly.

I went to this club for my required firearms safety course, the guys teaching (John Gabriel and Jay Farmer) were both pretty cool, everyone else I saw there seemed pretty nice too.

Pretty nice looking setup they had, as well. I liked the 24/7 indoor range.

When do they have a orientation meeting again? I live about a mile from this place... so the location seems to be a big plus... [grin]

Next orientation meeting is January 31st. There is a Pin Shoot on December 29th (Saturday) at 1 pm. Come on down and check out the club if you like. Cost to non members is 7 bucks.

This is what appears when I try to log onto the WPR site, does anyone know what this means and how do I fix it?

This is the placeholder for domain w2.lookwhois.com. If you see this page after uploading site content you probably have not replaced the index.html file.

This is what appears when I try to log onto the WPR site, does anyone know what this means and how do I fix it?

This is the placeholder for domain w2.lookwhois.com. If you see this page after uploading site content you probably have not replaced the index.html file.

The domain is still active... it does expire at the end of the month.. so if someone is a member.. you might give the powers to be a heads up...

Seems like the hosting server or DNS was changed... they could be going over to a new server... and the A record is pointing towards it... but no files have been uploaded just yet....

Back
Top Bottom