Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club

Jay, any idea when the club will reopen

Hi JoeA. Sad to say we have no idea when Governor Baker and Health Experts will give the all clear.

Like most members, we are all anxious to get back to the range, especially all the new members. YIKES!

When I hear any factual news, I'll post it. While I may hear rumblings or rumors, I don't post them as most are just that, rumblings and rumors.

Jay

Thanks Jay, being cooped up this long I’ve got an itchy trigger finger and more target amo than I need. Hope to see you soon

Luckily I had just gone shooting the week before it got shut down. My son mentioned that we should go again the next week, but then came the shut down. I swear I could feel an anxiety attack coming on. 😂

The present executive order by the Governor is May 4th, I don’t see that changing earlier and who knows if it gets extended after that. But on another note, I remember the old indoor shooting range and the old timers all wearing face masks it was so smokey.

The present executive order by the Governor is May 4th, I don’t see that changing earlier and who knows if it gets extended after that. But on another note, I remember the old indoor shooting range and the old timers all wearing face masks it was so smokey.

Enzo, How long have you been a member? Time flies by, I became a life member a few years ago

As we get closer to Governor Baker's May 18th imposed essential/non essential BS date, I'm just updating all of the Non News status of WPRC. The range is still currently closed. I wish I had better news, but it is what it is.

I can tell you that the President and the entire Executive Board of the club have been trying their hardest to figure a way to open up the club. They have been in close contact with GOAL and many others.

As soon as I hear anything factual one way or another, I'll update again.

I did hesitate posting "non news" and didn't want to get anyone's hopes up, but it has been about a month, so....

Take care. Be Safe, sanitized, and aware,

Jay

Last edited:
I just hope our neighbors don’t get used to the situation......

THIS! Times Sexvigintillion (1 x 1081 or 1 followed by 81 zeros)

I'm sure the surrounding neighobors are feeling their "quietness" is strategic advantage for the future, which for them is true. Post Chinese Corona Virus outbreak, situations could be different.

Jay

I'm sure the surrounding neighobors are feeling their "quietness" is strategic advantage for the future, which for them is true. Post Chinese Corona Virus outbreak, situations could be different.

Jay
The neighbors who complain are the equivalent of those who move near an airport and bitch about the noise!

Jay

Jay,

No worries. As soon as the club opens I will do my best to help the neighbors re-acclimate. :)

Pete

Jay,

No worries. As soon as the club opens I will do my best to help the neighbors re-acclimate. :)

Pete

Yes sir! I'm thinking the neighbors are getting way to used to the club being closed.

Governor Baker needs to go back to school and relearn the history of the Revolutionary War. While I'm no scholar, I didn't find any reference to the term "non-essential" in the Bill of Rights.

Jay

I've got a couple large bore rifles (.300wm and .300RUM) I need to get reacclimated with once the club opens. I'm sure the neighbors will love me haha. Already told my boss as soon as we get the green light I'm going to need that day off so I can hit the range.

I've got a couple large bore rifles (.300wm and .300RUM) I need to get reacclimated with once the club opens. I'm sure the neighbors will love me haha. Already told my boss as soon as we get the green light I'm going to need that day off so I can hit the range.

My full load 45-70 can do pretty good as well :)

As we get closer to Governor Baker's May 18th imposed essential/non essential BS date, I'm just updating all of the Non News status of WPRC. The range is still currently closed. I wish I had better news, but it is what it is.

I can tell you that the President and the entire Executive Board of the club have been trying their hardest to figure a way to open up the club. They have been in close contact with GOAL and many others.

As soon as I hear anything factual one way or another, I'll update again.

I did hesitate posting "non news" and didn't want to get anyone's hopes up, but it has been about a month, so....

Take care. Be Safe, sanitized, and aware,

Jay
Thank for the update Jay

I spoke with Al the other day and I do believe he is doing everything he thinks he can to open the range. But, we are a private club. I get that we do host public events from time to time but that can be shelved for now. I see no reason that members should not be allowed to. Safely use the outdoor range. I hope other members are putting pressure on the officers to open up.

Kind of a quick summary.

Range is opening this Wednesday at 09:00. No Guests, members only. Both indoor and outdoor ranges opening. Normal 24x7 Indoor range hours. Normal out door range hours 09:00 to sunset. Plus Holiday hours with the coming Summer holidays.

By now we all know the drill, but please follow the posted signage regarding Covid-19.

Be healthy. If you have even the slightest feeling of illness, stay home. Even if you plan to be perfectly compliant with social distancing guidelines, do not risk exposing to others if you feel ill at all.

Respect the range rules

Social distance protocols. Six feet is the minimum. Use every OTHER shooting stand to maintain distance.

When calling "Cease Fire" to reset targets or any other command, remember to increase you volume as your mask might muffle your voice.

Don't handshake.

Bring your own masks, hand sanitizer, cleaning supplies and gloves. Dispose of all your "hazardous PPE". Remember that old camping rule of: Take out what you bring in. Club member volunteers during work party's are NOT YOUR Mothers.

Please pick up your brass.

Don't linger. Once your done shooting, let others patiently waiting a turn to practice and use the range.

Stay Safe, Sanitized, and Aware.

Jay

Taken directly from the WPRC website:

URGENT NOTICE

THE WORCESTER PISTOL AND RIFLE CLUB WILL OFFICIALLY REOPEN ON WEDNESDAY MAY 20TH AT 9AM. ALL RANGES WILL BE OPEN. HOURS OF OPERATION WILL BE THE SAME AS PRIOR TO THE SHUTDOWN. THERE WILL BE RESTRICTION THAT WILL NEED TO BE FOLLOWED
:

INDOOR RANGE WILL BE RESTRICTED TO LANES 1, 3, AND 5

THE NEW RIFLE RANGE SHOOTING STAND MUST HAVE ALL THE DOORS OPEN AND ONLY 1 SHOOTER PER TABLE.

THE ACTION PISTOL RANGE WILL HAVE A MAXIMUM OF 2 SHOOTERS.

THE PISTOL RANGE HAS DUCT TAPE ON THE BENCH TO DESIGNATE A SHOOTING POSITION.

IF THE RANGES ARE FULL, REMAIN IN YOUR CAR UNTIL THERE IS AN OPENING TO SHOOT.

ALL MEMBERS ARE RESPONSIBLE TO HAVE A MASK, GLOVE’S AND DISINFECTANT WIPES/HAND SANITIZER.

MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING

THERE WILL BE COVID-19 PROTOCALS LISTED OUTSIDE AND INSIDE.

IF YOU ARE SICK, STAY HOME

STAY SAFE AND STAY VIGILANT

Albert F. Bonofiglio, Jr., President

Kind of a quick summary.

Range is opening this Wednesday at 09:00. No Guests, members only. Both indoor and outdoor ranges opening. Normal 24x7 Indoor range hours. Normal out door range hours 09:00 to sunset. Plus Holiday hours with the coming Summer holidays.

By now we all know the drill, but please follow the posted signage regarding Covid-19.

Be healthy. If you have even the slightest feeling of illness, stay home. Even if you plan to be perfectly compliant with social distancing guidelines, do not risk exposing to others if you feel ill at all.

Respect the range rules

Social distance protocols. Six feet is the minimum. Use every OTHER shooting stand to maintain distance.

When calling "Cease Fire" to reset targets or any other command, remember to increase you volume as your mask might muffle your voice.

Don't handshake.

Bring your own masks, hand sanitizer, cleaning supplies and gloves. Dispose of all your "hazardous PPE". Remember that old camping rule of: Take out what you bring in. Club member volunteers during work party's are NOT YOUR Mothers.

Please pick up your brass.

Don't linger. Once your done shooting, let others patiently waiting a turn to practice and use the range.

Stay Safe, Sanitized, and Aware.

Jay
I’m confused. The website doesn’t mention anything about ‘members only’ but you say no guests.
if it’s true guests aren’t allowed (I hope it’s not) - when will they be allowed?

I’m confused. The website doesn’t mention anything about ‘members only’ but you say no guests.
if it’s true guests aren’t allowed (I hope it’s not) - when will they be allowed?

i would like to know about the guest situation as well. as i always bring my wife with me to shoot.

Good questions. I will get clarification. As there are many people working on a variety of issues, I will get clarification and post an update way before the Wednesday morning opening.

Stay Safe, Sanitized, and Aware,

Jay

I am thrilled that the club is opening, and I respect that we need to be careful. But good lord, masks, gloves, disinfectant to shoot outside? And I am expected to be six feet from my wife, who I shoot with? Guess I will just continue to shoot my bow in the backyard :)

I hope that this lunacy ends soon.

I’m confused. The website doesn’t mention anything about ‘members only’ but you say no guests. if it’s true guests aren’t allowed (I hope it’s not) - when will they be allowed?

i would like to know about the guest situation as well. as i always bring my wife with me to shoot.

I am thrilled that the club is opening, and I respect that we need to be careful. But good lord, masks, gloves, disinfectant to shoot outside? And I am expected to be six feet from my wife, who I shoot with? Guess I will just continue to shoot my bow in the backyard :) I hope that this lunacy ends soon.

Good questions. I will get clarification. As there are many people working on a variety of issues, I will get clarification and post an update way before the Wednesday morning opening.

The clarification is that members CAN bring guests just like pre-Corona Virus times. And while there has been much discussion regarding masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, the whole "social distance" thing, etc. please be aware that some of the things we are having our members do is dictated by circumstances beyond our control. Like if the available shooting lanes are full, the next shooter should wait in their car. Also, there will not be any log book to sign in, but you must use your key FOB to enter the main gate even if the car in front of you opens the gate, just swipe your FOB to record your entrance and exit.

As many in Massachusetts government will continue to tell us, these "lunacy things are temporary".

Stay Safe, Sanitized, and aware,

Jay

Back
Top Bottom