Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club

For members who stopped by last Thursday January 27th to get trained on the proper use of the Indoor Range, your key FOB is enabled for Indoor Range use. This is separate access from your existing membership that lets you access the main gate and outdoor range access. When using the Indoor Range, two main points to remember. Keep your key FOB on your person, especially if you are alone, as you will not be able to get back into the Indoor Range without it. Hours are back to 24x7, but guests are limited to one member with one guest per visit. Please no stacking of guests in the lobby and rotating them inside. This does NOT EFFECT OUTSIDE ranges as there is extra room for guests. But inside, it is to crowded to have more than one guest per member.

See the WPRC Web Site for more training dates and times for Indoor Range training.

Also, check out The Gun Owners’ Action League & Worcester Pistol & Rifle Club, Inc. is pleased to offer the Massachusetts Gun Law Seminar, Separating Fact & Fiction

This is a great seminar with the latest information presented by Jon Green. A dynamic personality to say the least. [dance]

Jay

EVENT NOTICE !

Indoor range will be closed on Friday March 4th 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM for Massachusetts Women Gun Owners
"Ladies Night" event. 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM for setup, cleanup, and prepping, event starts 6:00 PM

b2Xmepw.png

Contact RSVP email address from flyer above for more information.

Jay

Last edited:
For the IDPA events, does the range allow me to bring more than one guest to observe? I have several friends who are seriously considering getting their LTC and I think seeing the participants going through the course would encourage them a bit.

For the IDPA events, does the range allow me to bring more than one guest to observe? I have several friends who are seriously considering getting their LTC and I think seeing the participants going through the course would encourage them a bit.

Members can bring up to three guest to the outside ranges during normal hours. The "One Member/One Guest" rule is for the INDOOR RANGE ONLY. This was instituted because of safety / space issues inside.

That being said, it is my understanding that IDPA's practice (the first Sunday of each month) is open to the public and there is no cost to attend. You obliviously have to wear eye and hearing protection.

Normal IDPA matches are the second Saturday of the month. Please check the club's website calendar.

If you want to observe an actual match, you can show up the day of the match, there will be people setting up and getting ready for the match. Ask anyone to point out the Match Director. Introduce yourself and your guests to the Match Director and mention you only want to observe. He/she will give you specific instructions on where to safely stand. Again, eyes and ears required when the match starts. The main point is not to be standing or walking around an active range. The Match Director will guide you or assign someone with more specifics.

Parking will be tight, but that is normal.

The IDPA crew is exceptionally friendly and will keep you and your guests safe.

Hope that helps,

Jay

Last edited:

FYI...

@john1911 just posted:

Unfortunately, due to weather concerns especially high winds we are cancelling Saturday's match. Sorry.

EVENT NOTICE !

Indoor range will be closed on Friday March 4th 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM for Massachusetts Women Gun Owners
"Ladies Night" event. 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM for setup, cleanup, and prepping, event starts 6:00 PM

b2Xmepw.png

Contact RSVP email address from flyer above for more information.

Jay

Massachusetts Women Gun Owners "Ladies Night" results.

From the organizers. "The ladies night was awesome. We had 28 women show up. Mostly all newer shooters so we split them up in groups of 5 and the instructors spent one on one time with each one of them in the range. We got a lot of great feedback from the guests about the event and the new indoor range."

PupPDp8.jpg

My buddy sent in his membership submission it says he will be contacted in March for a club meeting any idea if those have gone out yet?

My buddy sent in his membership submission it says he will be contacted in March for a club meeting any idea if those have gone out yet?

I would suggest that your friend go to the Worcester Pistol Rifle Club then look at the Worcester Pistol & Rifle Officers as of January, 2019 page. Look for "Membership Chairman" Lee Whitney. You can email him from that link to have Lee check his/her status.

There are three new member "Orientation Sessions" that will happen. Sunday March 20th, Sunday March 27th, and Wednesday April 6th. Not 100% sure of the exact start times, but I'll work on getting that time

Also, all new members and existing members who want to use the indoor range, you must attend a brief training session in person. Please watch the Indoor Range Instruction Video that is on the club's main page. During new member orientation we will have multiple trainers walking members through the use of the new equipment.

It will be crowded, and parking will be very tight. But it does go as fast as possible. Your patience is appreciated.

Jay

I would suggest that your friend go to the Worcester Pistol Rifle Club then look at the Worcester Pistol & Rifle Officers as of January, 2019 page. Look for "Membership Chairman" Lee Whitney. You can email him from that link to have Lee check his/her status.

There are three new member "Orientation Sessions" that will happen. Sunday March 20th, Sunday March 27th, and Wednesday April 6th. Not 100% sure of the exact start times, but I'll work on getting that time

Also, all new members and existing members who want to use the indoor range, you must attend a brief training session in person. Please watch the Indoor Range Instruction Video that is on the club's main page. During new member orientation we will have multiple trainers walking members through the use of the new equipment.

It will be crowded, and parking will be very tight. But it does go as fast as possible. Your patience is appreciated.

Jay
Perfect thanks Jay I sent it along to him!

On the indoor range walkthrough for existing members is that going to be done during the new member orientation or will there be other times to attend?

Thank You!

Adam

Perfect thanks Jay I sent it along to him!

On the indoor range walkthrough for existing members is that going to be done during the new member orientation or will there be other times to attend?

Thank You!

Adam

Hi Adam and all others,

Besides having training during the orientation of new members (which anyone can attend) on Sunday March 20th, and Sunday March 27th, we have have a training session on Thursday March 24th from 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM.

For April, we have tentatively scheduled training during the new member orientation of Wednesday April 6 at 5:00 PM and before the monthly business meeting of Thursday April 7th from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM. Business meeting starts at 7:00 PM. Also Thursday April 21st from 5:00 PM- 7:00 PM

We are working on getting this on the websites calendar along with the correct times.

A huge thank you to the Membership Chairman and all who assist him, all our trainers, and all other volunteers during this very busy time of year.

Jay

Hi Adam and all others,

Besides having training during the orientation of new members (which anyone can attend) on Sunday March 20th, and Sunday March 27th, we have have a training session on Thursday March 24th from 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM.

For April, we have tentatively scheduled training during the new member orientation of Wednesday April 6 at 5:00 PM and before the monthly business meeting of Thursday April 7th from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM. Business meeting starts at 7:00 PM. Also Thursday April 21st from 5:00 PM- 7:00 PM

We are working on getting this on the websites calendar along with the correct times.

A huge thank you to the Membership Chairman and all who assist him, all our trainers, and all other volunteers during this very busy time of year.

Jay
Awesome thanks so much!!

We were able to take advantage of our concrete contractor to correct some old existing wall divots. After curing, the walls will be repainted. This same contractor will also be coloring the floor, apply our 6 foot diameter logo, and a red Firing Line on the floor. For proper floor coloring, epoxy, and logo curing, they need at least 60 degree's for 5-7 days.

Pictures

QaPsVUs.jpg

R4KQ1Is.jpg

Punch list gets smaller. [wink]

This past Sunday, WPRC welcomed 106 new members during orientation and indoor range training. It was crowded and the lines extended out the club house past the rifle stand. All in all, it went well.

Orientations Part II will be this Sunday, the 27th, along with work party activities. We still have another 100 + new members to work through.

Thank you to the crew doing membership check in, data entry, trainers, parking assistance, and others. A great team effort.

Jay

We offered, plus shuttle bus service, golf carts all stacked up, police detail with EMT services. Had a food truck. Balloons and face painting for the kids.
It was an epic family good people event. 😁

Well, besides the "gift of gab", I've been known to exaggerate just a little. 🤔

We offered, plus shuttle bus service, golf carts all stacked up, police detail with EMT services. Had a food truck. Balloons and face painting for the kids.
It was an epic family good people event. 😁

Well, besides the "gift of gab", I've been known to exaggerate just a little. 🤔
You forgot the dunk tank and the pie eating contest. Can’t believe that Al lost….

My apologies if this has been covered, but how long does the training for the indoor range take? I understand it depends on how many people show up, but just wondering if I get there for 5:30 pm on the night of the meeting if that would be enough time.

My apologies if this has been covered, but how long does the training for the indoor range take? I understand it depends on how many people show up, but just wondering if I get there for 5:30 pm on the night of the meeting if that would be enough time.

No worries @kerryman71 Watch the brief video on the main WPRC Web Site that covers you almost 99% . I'll be there April 7th from 4:00PM-6:00PM before the monthly meeting doing training. Just find me and we'll get it done. I'll either be in the lobby or the indoor range. Even with my "gift of gab", I'll keep it as concise as possible. [smile]

Side note: We had another 50 new members attend today's orientation and indoor range training. Welcome to all new members. Enjoy your club.

Jay

From the WPRC Web Site:

URGENT Indoor Range Closure June 4th For About 7 Days

The indoor range will be closed to all members beginning on June 4th for about 7 days for cleanup, new floor and club logo installation

Watch for notice of the range reopening on the main page of the club website.

Jay
Like a State job that never ends…..

Back
Top Bottom