• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club

LOL. Nope, not even close. :)

Items on the "Punch List", some, like this part were due to winter temperature constraints for proper curing of paint, logo, epoxy, etc.

This part is like "frosting" on the cake.

Jay
Ok, ok, maybe a bit of hyperbole.….. I follow all of the posts on the club and my memory was the club logo was being done months ago.

INDOOR RANGE OPEN TO ALL MEMBERS. SEE THE WPRC Web Site FOR OTHER INFORMATION

Indoor Range floor work completed. Still waiting on scheduling to add a few more LED lighting to correct some very minor shadowing in front of the RED firing line. Nothing major and not worth keeping members from using the range.
Along with grinding, leveling, surface preparation, we added a vapor barrier compound, applying multiple coats of Dur-A-Flex Industrial Floor coatings before adding our 6 foot diameter WPRC logo. Then multiple coats of epoxy that need to properly cure.

The Yellow line is the "READY LINE" entering each shooting lane. Absolutely NO firearms outside the Yellow line. Enough said.

The Red line is the "FIRING LINE". No members should go forward of the RED line. Period.

Between the Yellow line and Red line, you and all surrounding members are ballisticly (?) safe, ventilation safe, and acoustically safe.

Jay

Before: Yes, at times it was just a tad "dingy". [frown]

f1dcYnG.jpg

Staging area 1:
aHsmDyi.jpg

Staging and prepping.
JMmHUiZ.jpg

Multiple grinders each with three HEPA filters.
Vvohv6O.jpg

Starting to take shape:
Rsp3LMS.jpg

Normal lighting. The bottom of the walls and other minor spots were touched up also.
7Lxpnpw.jpg

RED Firing line.
SprctHd.jpg

Yellow Ready Line.
AoHfBrX.jpg

The line is not crooked, that's just me taking a bad angle picture. D'oh.

MY7dHKG.jpg

Actual logo:
vIbXa4x.jpg

Still trying to sell the idea of purchasing and then modifying a "Roomba" to keep it clean. No luck so far...

qJy4wsV.jpg

When will be be lifting the +1 limit for the indoor range or is this going to be the new normal. We can't still be concerned about Covid nonsense.

It did not have anything to do with the China Virus "nonsense" It does have everything to do with safety and physical spacing.

In answer to your question, it is being actively worked on. Keep an eye on the web site.

Jay

Last edited:
What's up with the construction right next to the range? I've only driven by, but from the street it seems like someone's building houses pretty close. Any worries about future residents pretending they didn't know there was a gun range right there?

What's up with the construction right next to the range? I've only driven by, but from the street it seems like someone's building houses pretty close. Any worries about future residents pretending they didn't know there was a gun range right there?
It’s only a matter of time for that place. Sucks because it’s a pretty great range. I used to swing by on my way home from work some days.

My club sends a notice to the agent for any nearby property we see is up for sale, or being developed.

It's a simple notice - the gun club is protected by law, is hear to stay, and its existence may be a material fact in a potential buyer's or tenants decision. We request that you notify all potential buyers or tenants of this.

Now the agent has an ethical obligation to disclose this to would be buyers and tenants, and know the letter will surface if the new owner/tenant uses the argument "I never knew... would not have bought/rented...etc."

Last edited:
I say once the 2 houses (1 on either side of the driveway) have an open house then we all need to use the range at once while they’re showing the places.

I’ve suggested that we go door to door to our neighbors and introduce ourselves and offer reduced memberships, have an Open House, have them shoot. I’m sure we’d get members to volunteer and supervise. I would vote to spend some dues money for this. IMO money well spent.

I’ve suggested that we go door to door to our neighbors and introduce ourselves and offer reduced memberships, have an Open House, have them shoot. I’m sure we’d get members to volunteer and supervise. I would vote to spend some dues money for this. IMO money well spent.
Danger Will Robinson, membership :== voting rights

Does this imply the membership has discussed the issue? I'm not a member, so it's not really my problem, except that I like having places to shoot in MA...

Danger Will Robinson, membership :== voting rights
Understood……there’s approximately 900 members. If there was a chance that the neighbor/members would outvote the rank and file I would hope we’d take one fron the democratic playbook and allow mail in voting.
Or, the reduced rate neighborhood memberships have non voting “rights “…….

Lane 4 is currently out of operation in the indoor range. I hope to have it back up in running the beginning part of the week. Sorry for the inconvenience

Joe

Was there today with my sons. I told them that the future homeowners will be complaining about the shooting in no time, just like an ass who buys a house near an airport and says the planes are too loud.

I can't believe how much has been cleared and how close to the club it appears they're going to build. One of my sons said we should buy one of the houses and just shoot off the back deck 🤣.

There is a Work Party on Aug. 14'th (Sunday) 8:00am till Noon. We could use as much help as available! If your available, please just show up and give us a hand. I will be doing some Indoor Range Training from 8:00am - 9:00am. Anyone needing training needs to email me at [email protected] so I can add you to my list! Thank you all in advance!

Joe

Stopped by this afternoon. Could not believe the clear cutting of virtually every tree that shielded the club from the road. I thought the Club owned more frontage than what I saw.

Stopped by this afternoon. Could not believe the clear cutting of virtually every tree that shielded the club from the road. I thought the Club owned more frontage than what I saw.
I looked up the property on OnX. If that is correct, Worcester Sand and Gravel owns everything around the club, including the frontage.

I looked up the property on OnX. If that is correct, Worcester Sand and Gravel owns everything around the club, including the frontage.
Looks like a developer is building houses all along that side of the road. First one going up appears to be a duplex. I’d be surprised if Worcester Sand and Gravel are still the owners or the developer.

Looks like a developer is building houses all along that side of the road. First one going up appears to be a duplex. I’d be surprised if Worcester Sand and Gravel are still the owners or the developer.
Based on public records the developer owns all (or most) of that now, including the property with a right-of-way for the club driveway.

You REALLY need to get that notice out to the developer advising him/her/it that the gun club may be a material fact in buyer decision making, reminding them of the obligation to have their agent disclose this to all potential buyers. The internal reaction will be "on shit, we have to tell them".

Back
Top Bottom