• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club

You REALLY need to get that notice out to the developer advising him/her/it that the gun club may be a material fact in buyer decision making, reminding them of the obligation to have their agent disclose this to all potential buyers. The internal reaction will be "on shit, we have to tell them".
I know Al is actively speaking with the developer over many issues including: clearing of the land, removal of our second right of way as well as the lack of barrier between our driveway and the cleared land, and several other issues.

I know Al is actively speaking with the developer over many issues including: clearing of the land, removal of our second right of way as well as the lack of barrier between our driveway and the cleared land, and several other issues.
I think once the houses are for sale and open houses start we should have a huge shooting competition where any firearm is acceptable and as many rounds as possible. Make sure they know what they are getting into. ha ha . just kidding... maybe...

I think once the houses are for sale and open houses start we should have a huge shooting competition where any firearm is acceptable and as many rounds as possible. Make sure they know what they are getting into. ha ha . just kidding... maybe...
I mentioned this earlier…except I wasn’t kidding 🤣😒

A Sunday open house before 12 will get around that. Only way I can imagine they sell these. I know hopkinton sports man club is super close and seems to do well as well as the club in Milford.

Anyone know who the developer is? Company name? I’m too lazy to go on the deeds website 😂

I’ll be there on Saturday for an IDPA match. It was cleared A LOT when I was there last month. Curious to see what’s changed since then

No shooting before noon on Sunday is a rule. Doesn’t mean we can’t pack the place and all have our rifles and whatnot out and ready to go. After all - there are no longer any trees for coverage. Everything is in plain sight.

No shooting before noon on Sunday is a rule. Doesn’t mean we can’t pack the place and all have our rifles and whatnot out and ready to go. After all - there are no longer any trees for coverage. Everything is in plain sight.
indoor range is available to shoot on Sunday mornings... and the sound definitely carries now without the trees there for a barrier. So 5 lanes of people shooting .357s or .45ACP would be great! and then at noon... let the games begin.

and the sound definitely carries now without the trees there for a barrier.
Good point.
I find it hard to believe the developer didn’t realize what he was doing by not even leaving the slightest line of trees for a sound and site barrier. Then again, by having the club so visible it has to have an affect and raise questions from potential buyers.
Even the people who live directly across the street probably never saw the ranges before, until now.

Good point.
I find it hard to believe the developer didn’t realize what he was doing by not even leaving the slightest line of trees for a sound and site barrier. Then again, by having the club so visible it has to have an affect and raise questions from potential buyers.
Even the people who live directly across the street probably never saw the ranges before, until now.
When they were building that new neighborhood we made a point to place large ‘active firearms range’ signs along the street. But I haven’t seen those there in a while.

When they were building that new neighborhood we made a point to place large ‘active firearms range’ signs along the street. But I haven’t seen those there in a while.
Formal, on the record, certified notice to the developer and agent is more effective. It creates a paper trail they were not only advised of your existence, the range protection law but also that buyers may consider it a relevant and material fact.

we could have a neon sign out there and every member (all 1066 of them) shooting during the showing and the buyer on day of moving in would say "i never knew they were there" and want us to close.

Yup.

I’m 5 years away from being a life member and with my luck somehow someway a d!ck of a new neighbor will get the place shut down in 4.5 years.

we could have a neon sign out there and every member (all 1066 of them) shooting during the showing and the buyer on day of moving in would say "i never knew they were there" and want us to close.
Imagine the smile on your face when you give that buyer a copy of the letter you sent the developer and agent along with copies of the return receipts. Blows plausible deniability out of the water.

They'd think it was a brass landfill. Oh wait, I forgot, you're supposed to pick your brass up so that won't be an issue 🤣

Not to side track convo but when are the new indoor range orientations with new key being held?

Is it on wpr website calendar? Just super busy with a new born past 6 months and finally getting around to doing it 😂

Not to side track convo but when are the new indoor range orientations with new key being held?

Is it on wpr website calendar? Just super busy with a new born past 6 months and finally getting around to doing it 😂

Please go to the club website. Everything you need is there , including a video to watch and name / email address of Joe C, our indoor trainer.

Congrats on your expanding family.

Jay

Last edited:
Thanks Jay yea daughter #3 so im in trouble to say the least LOL. Appreciate the info!
You can email me at [email protected]. I will be at the range this Thursday at 6pm before the monthly meeting doing training, please let me know if you can attend. If you can’t still email me so we can set up a date and time that fits into our schedule. Training takes approximately 20 minutes

Joe Capobianco

You can email me at [email protected]. I will be at the range this Thursday at 6pm before the monthly meeting doing training, please let me know if you can attend. If you can’t still email me so we can set up a date and time that fits into our schedule. Training takes approximately 20 minutes

Joe Capobianco
Oh awesome thanks so much Joe! Let me see if I can get out of work a little early for Thursday if not can def find another time that works for you! Either way will shoot you an email tomorrow.

Really appreciate the help!

Just an update on the land and building in front Seems they are putting a fence up in the back of the property dividing the range from their property Will keep updates coming as things progress

7B0E9E7C-2B53-4CE4-8325-714C47DF7399.jpeg CE615488-BF51-4C1E-90AB-706B2AC1540B.jpeg
3D24C1FC-9957-4EDB-B898-69A94C4BFDF4.jpeg 5D17E1BE-F384-4FAE-BAB1-C1580F413A4C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom