Worcester Pistol Rifle Outside Rifle Range Upgrade Project

From the President of WPRC posted on the web site:

URGENT NOTICE

THE OUTDOOR RIFLE RANGE PROJECT WILL START THE WEEK OF JUNE 22ND. IT WILL BE SHUT DOWN COMPLETELY UNTIL IT IS DONE. THERE WILL BE 2 PHASES, THE FIRST WILL BE THE LEAD REMOVAL AND THE SECOND WILL BE THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE NEW IMPACT AREA. COMPLETION OF BOTH PHASES SHOULD BE AROUND JULY 11TH. THERE WILL BE NO FIRING ON THE RIFLE RANGE AT ALL.
THIS MEANS DURING PHASE 1, WAITING FOR PHASE 2 TO START, AND COMPLETION OF PHASE 2. NO EXCEPTIONS

NO JUNE MEETING
NO SIGNING IN UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Shameless bump. The project is still on schedule for next week. Not only will the outside rifle range be closed, but also the "Action Pit" and the dedicated "Pistol Range" will be closed. There will be "Range Closed" signs reminding members.

The final result of this project will be worth the effort.

Jay

poor planning to have not had this completed during the guk-flu shutdown.

Oh my God. I'm going to assume you are being sarcastic. Please tell me which company "planned" a friggon world wide Pandemic from friggon China? Point me in the direction of whatever company you work for that had all the preparations, equipment, staff scheduling, permitting, etc. to do construction projects sooner?

Non essential construction was also shut down

This! You couldn't put a shovel in the ground according to Charlie.

O.K., end of my rant

Best of luck to you,

Jay

little high strung, aintcha Clarence? you need a xanax.

Not in the least.

You're to funny. If you'd like to come down to the range and I'll walk you through the whole project and who the contractors are and what they are contracted to do. I think after you see the scope of work, you'll understand that it was not feasible to work on the project during the "Charlie Shutdown".

The offer stands.

Jay

Shameless bump. The project is still on schedule for next week. Not only will the outside rifle range be closed, but also the "Action Pit" and the dedicated "Pistol Range" will be closed. There will be "Range Closed" signs reminding members.

The final result of this project will be worth the effort.

Jay

Hi Jay,

Can you please elaborate further on what will be closed when? Will all outdoor areas be closed throughout the duration of the project?

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Jay,

Can you please elaborate further on what will be closed when? Will all outdoor areas be closed throughout the duration of the project?

Thanks,

Adam

From what I understand, the outside rifle ranges (25, 50, 75, and 100 yard) will be temporally shutdown during the construction. There are two phases. The first phase starts this week with the removal of lead from the berm.

The "Action Pit" to the left of the Rifle Ranges will also be shutdown.

I'll have further clarification from the club President tomorrow late morning or in the afternoon. There is some question on the "Outside Pistol Only Range.

The inside Pistol Only range will not be effected.

Jay

Wait, what? You consider this project non essential? I'm at a loss for words :)

Personally, I would have loved to have completed this during the shutdown, but "Charlie" said no and when questioned said "Hell NO"

Last edited:
From what I understand, the outside rifle ranges (25, 50, 75, and 100 yard) will be temporally shutdown during the construction. There are two phases. The first phase starts this week with the removal of lead from the berm.

The "Action Pit" to the left of the Rifle Ranges will also be shutdown.

I'll have further clarification from the club President tomorrow late morning or in the afternoon. There is some question on the "Outside Pistol Only Range.

The inside Pistol Only range will not be effected.

Thanks much for the info.

Best,

Adam

Any further updates? My son and I were there today and saw the work done so far on the rifle range. I'm assuming from what it looks like is all that's been done is lead remediation of the various backstops there. What else will be done prior to reopening?

Any further updates? My son and I were there today and saw the work done so far on the rifle range. I'm assuming from what it looks like is all that's been done is lead remediation of the various backstops there. What else will be done prior to reopening?

Yes, you are correct. Phase 1 was the lead remediation and is indeed complete on all berms within the rifle range. Phase 2 will start next week. Phase 2 includes rubber backstop, target stand foundation, drainage w/catch basins, grading, and more. Phase 3 will be the actual target stand and target holders. New target stands will only be installed at the 100 yard berm.

More updates next week,

Jay

Last edited:
Moving along pictures.

Jay

F1NA67r.jpg

a0J40da.jpg

5fgJZRi.jpg

Hv72FlL.jpg

What are those white things on the pallets?

LOL. I knew you would ask. That is the rubber back stop. Not some southern border drug deal! It's really kind of neat how they will be installing it. They boom up the bags starting from the top, then cut the bottom of the bag and drop/spread it down.

There is a lot more going on underneath. As Colonel John “Hannibal” Smith said frequently“I love it when a plan comes together.”

Jay

LOL. I knew you would ask. That is the rubber back stop. Not some southern border drug deal! It's really kind of neat how they will be installing it. They boom up the bags starting from the top, then cut the bottom of the bag and drop/spread it down.

There is a lot more going on underneath. As Colonel John “Hannibal” Smith said frequently“I love it when a plan comes together.”

Jay
I had a feeling that's what it was but didn't want to assume. Pretty cool indeed. Definitely looks like they dug a lot of earth out.

Back
Top Bottom