• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worcester Police Release First Year Results of ShotSpotter

1311908901_d285a2356d_z.jpg

and the shotspotter is only covering about 10 percent of the city (if that). not the worse parts either. just from grafton st. to shrewsbury st. and belmont street. lol. what a joke and waste of money.

...of the 3 guns recovered, and the 9 arrests made in a year (note that 2/3 of those arrested did not even have firearms so god only knows what they were arrested for)... Whatdya figure the chances are that the Worcester PD could've managed to find three guns and arrest 9 perps in a full year by simply rolling down their windows and listening? [hmmm]

They DID, however, manage to recover 180 casings and 60 misc clues, proving once again that when seconds count they are only minutes away [rolleyes]

How many children were saved?

I wonder if that 193 shots includes the 125ish ramshot loads a contractor shot at work setting some steel studs on our roof around a cooling tower? Its in one of the not too good neighborhoods in Worcester.

3 arrests but at what cost. and not like any piece of shit gangbanger is actually going to serve any real time.

What the he'll is a "desk pop"?

Take with a grain or salt.....the comment was made by an advisor and may or may not be the official position of the church

With that said the current pope is a leftist from argentina

There are lots of good things that have come out of christianity.....heck, most hospitals in the US got their start from various iterations of churches and are still run by the church.

Same with a great many colleges and universities.

There's no better way to learn morals/values that to be involved in organize religion at some point in your life.....not thumping on the bible......just stated my personal opinion on this one.....most people I know that have had no exposure to organized religion are not particularly moral, honest, principaled in my experience......those that are/have been are somewhat better and usually know when they are being an immoral POS

Dafuq is this in response to?

Last edited by a moderator:
great, so if i have a desk pop at home i can count on the SWAT team.

Thanks. Wicked funny!

Never saw this movie, now I'll have to check the library. Will Ferrell is wicked funny.

"I just did my first 'desk pop'."

Cracking up.

- - - Updated - - -

great, so if i have a desk pop at home i can count on the SWAT team.

Thanks. Wicked funny!

Never saw this movie, now I'll have to check the library. Will Ferrell is wicked funny.

"I just did my first 'desk pop'."

Cracking up.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's funny is that when CSX is hooking up (sorry for the wrong RR term) railcars to locomotives sometimes the crash sound of the couplers hitting the cars causes shot spotter to go off accidently
i'd be curious to know if other things set it off aswell, such as a backfire from a car?

I work in the CJ system and have heard many presentations by vendors offering this type of technology when it has gone out to bid under state procurement laws. There are endless problems and shortcoming with this technology. One this is clear, like Gary Gemme, this technology is a waste of the tax-payer's dime!!!

i'd be curious to know if other things set it off aswell, such as a backfire from a car?

Modern cars rarely backfire. The only time is when the cops need a reason to justify shooting someone unarmed.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/23/us/cleveland-police-verdict/
"What led to the deaths of Russell and Williams, prosecutors said, was a chase that began when a car driven by Russell backfired -- a noise that officers mistakenly thought was caused by gunshots -- in Cleveland on November 29, 2012."
Only 137 shots fired at the backfiring perps.[rolleyes]

I have a buddy who's brother is a Worcester cop he said they shot a gun right next to it and the thing didn't pick up the shot

Just saw this on Twitter:

Walter Bird Jr. ‏@walterbirdjr 34s35 seconds ago

Worcester Police scanner: one caller reporting multiple gunshots near 35 Cottage Street. Nothing picked up by ShotSpotter

Back
Top Bottom