Worker fired for carrying gun on company property

blindndead

NES Member
He worked for a contractor, and said he was never informed of the gun ban. GM can't fire him, but they can boot him off the property (which is apparently what happened).

But I'm sure GM has now informed the vendor that guns are prohibited.

I'm guessing he knew and decided "better tried by 12 than carried by 6".
It's their house, their rules. GM can do what they want, but they should be damned glad this guy stopped some bloody workplace violence.

Not maybe....those few seconds are the difference. Anyway...now that he has his job back they will just to catch him carrying on another day and fire him at that time...now that they know he carries.

“Maybe those few seconds before the police arrived could be the difference between life and death.”
- Didarul Sarder

Last edited:
He worked for a contractor, and said he was never informed of the gun ban. GM can't fire him, but they can boot him off the property (which is apparently what happened).

But I'm sure GM has now informed the vendor that guns are prohibited.

i saw a story yesterday the company gave him his job back due to the huge amount of negative backlash they were getting

Probably more the union influence. Having seen guys go through being fired for legit stuff, then reinstated with back pay and benefits a few months later because of "policy oversight", I imagine this is the case here if he claims he was never informed of the ban. I guess unions are good for something.

Probably more the union influence. Having seen guys go through being fired for legit stuff, then reinstated with back pay and benefits a few months later because of "policy oversight", I imagine this is the case here if he claims he was never informed of the ban. I guess unions are good for something.

He was a contractor, not UAW.

good to see another RARE instance of common sense prevailing, with him getting the job back.

Back
Top Bottom