• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Working Tools

JonJ

NES Member
S&W 4043 and Colt.
DSCF0032.jpg

Jon, nice setup!

What's on the adjustable stock? Is it a mag holder?

You just need a bayonet attached. Try that on next inspection and enjoy your trip to the office! [lol]

You should also check out the Giles Tactical Sling. Real short money and superb for tactical use. I've used it out in Seattle at some shoots, but if I ever showed up with one at a local gun club it would probably cause a stir.
http://thewilderness.com/catalog/default.php/cPath/1_9?osCsid=6b60114e950189d10c5f8466d930fa29

Jon, nice setup!

You just need a bayonet attached. Try that on next inspection and enjoy your trip to the office! [lol]

You should also check out the Giles Tactical Sling. Real short money and superb for tactical use. I've used it out in Seattle at some shoots, but if I ever showed up with one at a local gun club it would probably cause a stir.
http://thewilderness.com/catalog/default.php/cPath/1_9?osCsid=6b60114e950189d10c5f8466d930fa29

Jon, nice setup!

LenS said:
Jon, nice setup!

Yes, it's a mag holder. We've asked for tactical slings for the AR's and the 870's but the request has fallen on deaf ears.
The Sgt who had been pushing for them is now activated (USMC) and will be in downtown Fallujh soon.

Len, I really don't need to be encouraged by outside influences
08.gif

LenS said:
Jon, nice setup!

Yes, it's a mag holder. We've asked for tactical slings for the AR's and the 870's but the request has fallen on deaf ears.
The Sgt who had been pushing for them is now activated (USMC) and will be in downtown Fallujh soon.

08.gif

LenS said:
Jon, nice setup!

08.gif

JonJ said:
08.gif

I know, Jon! [twisted] [lol]

If the carbine is assigned to only you, you might consider ordering one of the Giles Tac Slings (only $20-35 w/o any LE discount). That might be a convincer! Seriously, if you "drop" the weapon, it falls cross-wise across your chest, ready to grab again in a few seconds, no falling on the ground, etc. Show 'n tell (especially when it is short change) might loosen the purse-strings.

Bayonets:

My late Father fought across Europe in WWII (D+10) all the way to Berlin. He called them "pig stickers"! [roll]

I think that a bayonet is a joke on an AR-15/M-16. I got my butt chewed for cinching in the sling on a ARCOM M-16 at a Reading CMP clinic many years ago. The Col. that was running the line told me that I could bend the barrel by pulling on the sling like I had been taught in smallbore rifle shooting! I can only imagine that the use of a bayonet might make a pretzel out of an AR-15/M-16 barrel! [That's why competition folks free-float the barrel and thus pulling on the sling does NOT pull on their barrel.]

JonJ said:
08.gif

If the carbine is assigned to only you, you might consider ordering one of the Giles Tac Slings (only $20-35 w/o any LE discount). That might be a convincer! Seriously, if you "drop" the weapon, it falls cross-wise across your chest, ready to grab again in a few seconds, no falling on the ground, etc. Show 'n tell (especially when it is short change) might loosen the purse-strings.

Bayonets:

My late Father fought across Europe in WWII (D+10) all the way to Berlin. He called them "pig stickers"! [roll]

I think that a bayonet is a joke on an AR-15/M-16. I got my butt chewed for cinching in the sling on a ARCOM M-16 at a Reading CMP clinic many years ago. The Col. that was running the line told me that I could bend the barrel by pulling on the sling like I had been taught in smallbore rifle shooting! I can only imagine that the use of a bayonet might make a pretzel out of an AR-15/M-16 barrel! [That's why competition folks free-float the barrel and thus pulling on the sling does NOT pull on their barrel.]

JonJ said:
08.gif

Bayonets:

It would be nice if it were "mine" but alas, I get whatever rifle the PS hands out. Not to mention that I'd need permission to "modify" the rifle. I'll keep working on the training Sgt but the problem I see is this...Most guys have no idea what a sling is for. "It's for carrying it on your shoulder, right?" Everyone would have to be trained in the proper use of the tactical sling and you know as well as I, it ain't gonna happen.
Last year at QUAL, I saw 1 guy out of 20 or so that used his sling. I was impressed!

It would be nice if it were "mine" but alas, I get whatever rifle the PS hands out. Not to mention that I'd need permission to "modify" the rifle. I'll keep working on the training Sgt but the problem I see is this...Most guys have no idea what a sling is for. "It's for carrying it on your shoulder, right?" Everyone would have to be trained in the proper use of the tactical sling and you know as well as I, it ain't gonna happen.
Last year at QUAL, I saw 1 guy out of 20 or so that used his sling. I was impressed!

JonJ said:

I have a sling on my SKS. The very first time I shot it, I used it. It seemed kinda like the natural thing to do with it. Course, it comes in handy for carrying it to, but... [wink]

JonJ said:

I have a sling on my SKS. The very first time I shot it, I used it. It seemed kinda like the natural thing to do with it. Course, it comes in handy for carrying it to, but... [wink]

JonJ said:

I still think that you should walk down the center of Plymouth with that AR strapped to your back in full tactical gear.

Walk into Dunkies and order a maple glazed dounut and then go to the other side of the building and walk into that nail place up by the church.

See if any illegals start running. [twisted]

God, I'm so bad.

C-pher said:
I still think that you should walk down the center of Plymouth with that AR strapped to your back in full tactical gear.

Walk into Dunkies and order a maple glazed dounut and then go to the other side of the building and walk into that nail place up by the church.

See if any illegals start running. [twisted]

God, I'm so bad.
Jelly doughnut would be more like it but they'd be no one there to get for me cause they'd (illegals) all run. [roll]

Back
Top Bottom