• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Would you buy a PSA Glock clone for $300? Introducing the PSA Dagger.

That I'd be whiny about. But short of SBR'ing it, it's boobs on a bull for mASS residents.

I've got one of those GSG (gng? Ggg???) MP5 .22's. Honestly, I hate the sights as much as I hated the FAL sights years ago. Just not an instinctive hold position. Almost as bad as the stock 10/22 sights - which have 68 different aiming points in the vertical. LOL

Huh...I actually really love MP5 diopter sights. I find them to be fast on target and easy to focus. I do think they do remove too much peripheral picture from one's view due to the rear drum shape/size, but that's really my only complaint and one that's only a problem with people like me (cross-eye dominant squinter).

That I'd be whiny about. But short of SBR'ing it, it's boobs on a bull for mASS residents.

I've got one of those GSG (gng? Ggg???) MP5 .22's. Honestly, I hate the sights as much as I hated the FAL sights years ago. Just not an instinctive hold position. Almost as bad as the stock 10/22 sights - which have 68 different aiming points in the vertical. LOL

For the ultimate in skinflinting, slap one of these on that plastic MP5. Amazon product ASIN B01HCU3NTUView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HCU3NTU/OTkxUVRIRzdPMldQQ0k2JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

No seriously, I have these red dots on multiple range toys. 12g, AR-pistol, regular AR, and a GSG-5, they work. Haven't had a failure yet. And I can say (legally and personally) they are full auto tested with no failures there either.

Ironically if you have the original GSG-522 it's really not that much plastic. The new ones are pretty "EH"

The value proposition on the basic gun isn't so clear cut.

It's 60% the price. For people who have dozens of guns and are spending loads of money on guns and ammo or reloading and all the other stuff that goes along with the hobby/sport side of things, a couple hundred dollars might not matter. For people looking to get into guns on the self defense side of things, it being 40% cheaper is huge. I think that makes the value proposition pretty huge in that regard.

Assuming it's reliable.

It's 60% the price. For people who have dozens of guns and are spending loads of money on guns and ammo or reloading and all the other stuff that goes along with the hobby/sport side of things, a couple hundred dollars might not matter. For people looking to get into guns on the self defense side of things, it being 40% cheaper is huge. I think that makes the value proposition pretty huge in that regard.

Assuming it's reliable.

depends on mentality. A lot of people will buy anything just because it's cheaper, not thinking ahead about reliability, resale value or market. It's the same infantile mentality that keeps Walmarts in business.

For the ultimate in skinflinting, slap one of these on that plastic MP5. Amazon product ASIN B01HCU3NTUView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HCU3NTU/OTkxUVRIRzdPMldQQ0k2JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

No seriously, I have these red dots on multiple range toys. 12g, AR-pistol, regular AR, and a GSG-5, they work. Haven't had a failure yet. And I can say (legally and personally) they are full auto tested with no failures there either.

Ironically if you have the original GSG-522 it's really not that much plastic. The new ones are pretty "EH"

It's a mixed bag depending on a luck of draw. I've used cheapest Walmart optic on AR15 and it holds zero to this day despite thousands of rounds. I also has a small red dot just like that on 12 Ga that went dark after a dozen rounds when I actually needed it.

A lot of people will buy anything just because it's cheaper not thinking ahead about reliability, resale value or market. It's the same infantile mentality that keeps Walmarts in business.

And a lot of people also think that because something is more expensive it must be better, not thinking about all the overpriced garbage. It's the same infantile mentality the keeps other companies in business.

;)

Assuming it's reliable.

If it's not junk the flints will be all over this thing, for junk drawer guns, spares, etc. Hell even if 50% are junk, people will buy them. Certainly hasn't put Taurus out of business with that model.

And a lot of people also think that because something is more expensive it must be better, not thinking about all the overpriced garbage. It's the same infantile mentality the keeps other companies in business.

;)

Overpriced? Things like Glock, XD, M&P, etc are already cheap to begin with, relative to many other handguns. Most skinflint guns promise a lot but generally fail to deliver. I suspect this mighr be one of the few (eg, like the Caniks) that might be able to avoid becoming a joke. Assuming it's not vaporware, of course.

;)

wasn't there a story about time when GMC put Chevy engine with all lettering on it in a Caddy or Olds and it caused an uproar, because no one wanted to pop the hood and see a logo from "lesser" brand.

One big issue I have with a lot of "American" brands is that it's the same but branded Chinese junk. Most people assume that it's a knockoff, and most of the time they are right, but there are plenty of Chinese factories that are pulling doubleshifts to make the same shit on the same equipment and sell at lower profit margin. Actually Chinese have become more brazen on two fronts, one is raising the price on the same shit for just under what brand name sells for, the other one is barely giving any shit how it's assembled, just good enough to pass the visual test. Both are indications that skinflinting is a very powerful force.

;)
This. Its why ill never buy a G17. I love my 299 Canik. They said there would never be no accessories for it.....yeah OK. If its a great pistol there will be plenty of triggers and mods and they are growing exponentially. There are a lot of turn your nose up gun buyers....hey they will overpay. My friend is one of them, he laughed at the TP9SF til he shot it, he now has 3 Caniks, and recommends them highly.

My daughter lives in SC and has a limited budget. If this is proven a winner she will buy one over buying a G19. Or she will get a Canik in the G19 size.

In most cases, even if your building a p80. Your not doing it for 300. So they will sell these like hotcakes.

Last edited:
I see it more as going to see an old, tired band popular in the 80s/90s who are just going through the motions getting outperformed by the opening act. That is, of course, if PSA ever gets it to market and it works(like Canik).

It's like going to see a tribute band while the original band is still touring at the top of their game.

If psa actually releases it (this is a big if) those guns will show up in MA in a week or so after release. The whole compliance bs is a farce at this point.

I'll have an open order with my fave NH FFL for one of them. JUST to say FU to Maura...one more way, one more time.

This. Its why ill never buy a G17. I love my 299 Canik. They said there would never be no accessories for it.....yeah OK. If its a great pistol there will be plenty of triggers and mods and they are growing exponentially. There are a lot of turn your nose up gun buyers....hey they will overpay. My friend is one of them, he laughed at the TP9SF til he shot it, he now has 3 Caniks, and recommends them highly.

My daughter lives in SC and has a limited budget. If this is proven a winner she will buy one over buying a G19. Or she will get a Canik in the G19 size.

There is no canik in a "G19 size." They're P99 clones and at a minimum you're going to end up with something fatter/bigger than a G19, with higher bore axis. Good flint value? Yes. (Especially now they seem to have guns without the deactivation button) Glock equivalent? Nope. Not happening. Basically it's a great alternative to a Taurus, so flints can avoid buying doodoo.

The only gun that ever came close to -really- beating the G19 at its own game was the Caracal. Dimensionally (slim) Similar, similar weight, and in capacity it was 15 rnds.. Far better trigger feel, but similar trigger to a Glock in function.

Of course nowadays there's a compelling argument for stuff like a p365xl, etc, but I don't consider that gun in the same class as any of the others we're talking about here. 365xl, g48, etc, are on their own weird little island.

Of course nowadays there's a compelling argument for stuff like a p365xl, etc, but I don't consider that gun in the same class as any of the others we're talking about here. 365xl, g48, etc, are on their own weird little island.

At a certain point making a gun smaller and lighter starts to affect longevity.

A G19 is good for tens of thousands of rounds with nothing more than new striker springs and recoil spring assemblies.

Having owned 2 - P365s I have my doubts that it would old up like a G19. Heck, I doubt a G43 or any of its variants would hold up like a G19.

I'm not calling out the G19 specifically. I'd consider the P320 and double stack XDs to be in the same ballpark.

There is no canik in a "G19 size." They're P99 clones and at a minimum you're going to end up with something fatter/bigger than a G19, with higher bore axis. Good flint value? Yes. (Especially now they seem to have guns without the deactivation button) Glock equivalent? Nope. Not happening. Basically it's a great alternative to a Taurus, so flints can avoid buying doodoo.

The only gun that ever came close to -really- beating the G19 at its own game was the Caracal. Dimensionally (slim) Similar, similar weight, and in capacity it was 15 rnds.. Far better trigger feel, but similar trigger to a Glock in function.

My uderstanding was the Canik Elite whatever was close. Agree though likely fatter.

Also agree very little out there better than a mid frame glock for carry. Its what I use G32. Year round

At a certain point making a gun smaller and lighter starts to affect longevity.

A G19 is good for tens of thousands of rounds with nothing more than new striker springs and recoil spring assemblies.

Having owned 2 - P365s I have my doubts that it would old up like a G19. Heck, I doubt a G43 or any of its variants would hold up like a G19.

I'm not calling out the G19 specifically. I'd consider the P320 and double stack XDs to be in the same ballpark.

Im in the process of just selling my small “carry” pistols. I just always grab the glock. These small carry type pistols just arent worth keeping around.

Mark, this is why the free market is such a wonderful thing.

Given the choice between my Kahr P380, Sig P365, and my G19.

Its the Kahr 80% of the time, the Sig 15% and the Glock 5%.

I'm a wuss when it come to weight. Even with a high quality belt and holster.

You would have to be retarded or mentally deficient to buy one![slap]
Buy a used Glock and forget about this thing.
Or don't be such a skinflint and buy a new Glock for $200.00 more...

I don't always buy a piece of crap Glock knock off, but when I do, I choose PSA![rofl2]
After purchasing it, man licks his arm and says to himself "So that's what guinea pig taste like..".

PSA makes decent stuff. If I didn't have the money, I'd look into it. As long as it goes bang on every trigger pull and is reasonably accurate, why not?

I honestly don't think my Kimber is 'that' much better than a gun at 1/2 it's price. Cue the Kimber haters.

PSA makes decent stuff. If I didn't have the money, I'd look into it. As long as it goes bang on every trigger pull and is reasonably accurate, why not?

I honestly don't think my Kimber is 'that' much better than a gun at 1/2 it's price. Cue the Kimber haters.
The dagger shoots really well

I have a slide for an 80 build

I really like it accurate...good finish good sights.

My issue was finding one that didnt look like a crackhead dremmeled with doctor cuts

I find it funny people are like ooo no 300 dollar glock clone... i wont buy that

Then turn around and bust a nut over a canik which is a 300 dollar Walther clone

Cheap guns can be good guns lol

The dagger shoots really well

I have a slide for an 80 build

I really like it accurate...good finish good sights.

My issue was finding one that didnt look like a crackhead dremmeled with doctor cuts

I find it funny people are like ooo no 300 dollar glock clone... i wont buy that

Then turn around and bust a nut over a canik which is a 300 dollar Walther clone

Cheap guns can be good guns lol

It's because 98% of the demo buying these things are generally hipster skinflint edgelords. If it's too much like a glock its not "ironic" enough for them. 🤣

It's because 98% of the demo buying these things are generally hipster skinflint edgelords. If it's too much like a glock its not "ironic" enough for them. 🤣

The Dagger is a good shooting gun, I find it a lot more comfortable than a Glock to shoot, very reliable and accurate. I ordered one after putting a bunch of rounds through a friend Dagger. Not just because it was $260 for a fullsize frame, threaded barrel and RMR cut, but it shoots well, Plus PSA hates commies and won't sell to them

What turns me off on those el cheapo guns is the missing track record. If SHTF, my Canik gets left behind and my P226 mk25 comes with me.

What turns me off on those el cheapo guns is the missing track record. If SHTF, my Canik gets left behind and my P226 mk25 comes with me.
how many rounds you put through your canik?

I had one i put 7+ k through thing was a sewing machine

They are stupid accurate I've had probably 10... i just picked up a mete and its fantastic

If it clacked off today I would carry a cz p1p just because i have a lot of mags for them

But I'm in the process of getting up to par with my caniks and id have 0 hesitation carrying one

how many rounds you put through your canik?

I had one i put 7+ k through thing was a sewing machine

They are stupid accurate I've had probably 10... i just picked up a mete and its fantastic

If it clacked off today I would carry a cz p1p just because i have a lot of mags for them

But I'm in the process of getting up to par with my caniks and id have 0 hesitation carrying one
I didn’t say it wasn’t trustworthy or even bad or inaccurate, I said it was missing a track record, which is a fact. I own one (truck gun) with the decocker and I like it alright, but it certainly isn’t on the same level with the SIG with decades worth of track record in the SEALs, SAS, and hundreds of agencies and departments around the globe.

I didn’t say it wasn’t trustworthy or even bad or inaccurate, I said it was missing a track record, which is a fact. I own one (truck gun) with the decocker and I like it alright, but it certainly isn’t on the same level with the SIG with decades worth of track record in the SEALs, SAS, and hundreds of agencies and departments around the globe.
True but what's that get you lol?

If i trust my gun idgaf who else uses it lol

Back
Top Bottom