• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WP&R Club Pin Shoot

This sounds like fun. How many pins are usually on a single stage? Will only 2 mags be sufficient to make it through each? obviously pending decent enough accuracy

I'm a non-member hoping to make it out for the match on 18 NOV 2018.

Are the rounds thematic (i.e. centerfire pistol, revolver, rimfire) or is everything lumped together?

I know that there is a wide range of acceptable calibers, however, I am wondering- is there a caliber floor that has proven more effective with respect to hitting the pins hard enough to knock them over?

I shoot a 22 many 9mm a few 45 and 38 special everyone shoots together no separate divisions. All pins on the rear of the table. Not that many shooters mainly 15 to 20 so we can't have separate divisions

I'm a non-member hoping to make it out for the match on 18 NOV 2018.

Are the rounds thematic (i.e. centerfire pistol, revolver, rimfire) or is everything lumped together?

I know that there is a wide range of acceptable calibers, however, I am wondering- is there a caliber floor that has proven more effective with respect to hitting the pins hard enough to knock them over?

There are three separate matches. The three distances are 20', 25', and 30'. John mentioned the calibers. No lasers or Red Dots, iron sights only. First magazine only (if running a semi) loaded to six rounds so you're even/fair with the revolver folks. Your subsequent magazines can be as many rounds as you want.

I'm still waiting to see someone bring a nice .44 Remington Magnum or a Desert Eagle .50 caliber. But then again, while they will definitively having the knock down power, the pins probably won't survive to many hits. [laugh]

Pin shoots are a lot of fun, safe, and very addicting. Good range time.

Jay

Back
Top Bottom