• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WSA August 7, 2021 Save The Ammo IDPA Match

Amputee Marksman

NES Member
All new exciting stages with lower round counts or limited. All registration online ahead of time. No same day walk up registration.

Home | PractiScore

$15 for Woburn Sportsmen’s Association members
$25 for non-members

SOs, please check the box to be on the staff. Match fee waived for staff.

Pre-match Setup: 7:30am
Staff Walk Through: 9:15am
Shooter Safety Briefing: 9:45am
First Shots: 10:00am

Dave Draper
IDPA Chairman

All new exciting stages with lower round counts or limited. All registration online ahead of time. No same day walk up registration.

Home | PractiScore

$15 for Woburn Sportsmen’s Association members
$25 for non-members

SOs, please check the box to be on the staff. Match fee waived for staff.

Pre-match Setup: 7:30am
Staff Walk Through: 9:15am
Shooter Safety Briefing: 9:45am
First Shots: 10:00am

Dave Draper
IDPA Chairman
Dave bunch of newbies would like to attend 8/7 shoot but have questions. Is there a FAQ you can point me too?

Thanks

I signed up for a Practiscore account, is there anything else I need to do? Such as updating profile or go through any type of certification?

IDPA.com - Being a IDPA member is also required, correct?

What should I pick for the following: Division - I assume would be CO or CDP depending on the type of gun I am using? Class - I assume is NV for novice? Categories - I assume is Junior?

Day of the event, I will need the following:

- A Centerfire pistol or revolver (9mm or 38 special minimum) - A holster that covers the trigger guard. The holster may be inside or outside the waist band, but no appendix carry holsters allowed. - Three or more magazines or speed loaders - Approximately 150 rounds of ammunition - Eye and ear protection. - A concealment garment: a light jacket, vest or oversized shirt that conceals your pistol and mag carriers

Last edited:
Ok, I understand I need the following:

I signed up for a Practiscore account, is there anything else I need to do? Such as updating profile or go through any type of certification? IDPA.com - Being a IDPA member is also required, correct? What should I pick for the following: Division - I assume would be CO or CDP depending on the type of gun I am using? Class - I assume is NV for novice? Categories - I assume is Junior?

- A Centerfire pistol or revolver (9mm or 38 special minimum)

- May I have a RDS on my pistol? ( Example Sig X5 Legion with Delta Point Pro with no other mods )

- A holster that covers the trigger guard. The holster may be inside or outside the waist band, but no appendix carry holsters allowed.

- Three or more magazines or speed loaders - Approximately 150 rounds of ammunition

- Eye and ear protection.

- A concealment garment: a light jacket, vest or oversized shirt that conceals your pistol and mag carriers

- A good attitude.
You don't have to be a IDPA member to shoot the match but if you want your scores to be uploaded to IDPA.com or want to become classified (basically your skill level) you'll need to be a IDPA member.
Yup centerfire pistol or revolver
Yup you can have a RDS on your pistol. That would be the carry optics division.
Correct on the holster type
You'll need at least 3 mags but preferably 4 so you can have a "barney mag" to top off the gun to division capacity (10+1=11 rounds).
Eye ear concealment garment yup.

Biggest thing if/when you're new is to be VERY cautious of your muzzle so you don't break the 180 degree line, finger off trigger during reloads and when moving and when drawing/holstering. And don't try to holster the gun as fast as you can - you're not on the clock at that time so no need to rush when holstering.

You don't have to be a IDPA member to shoot the match but if you want your scores to be uploaded to IDPA.com or want to become classified (basically your skill level) you'll need to be a IDPA member.
Yup centerfire pistol or revolver
Yup you can have a RDS on your pistol. That would be the carry optics division.
Correct on the holster type
You'll need at least 3 mags but preferably 4 so you can have a "barney mag" to top off the gun to division capacity (10+1=11 rounds).
Eye ear concealment garment yup.

Biggest thing if/when you're new is to be VERY cautious of your muzzle so you don't break the 180 degree line, finger off trigger during reloads and when moving and when drawing/holstering. And don't try to holster the gun as fast as you can - you're not on the clock at that time so no need to rush when holstering.
Thanks!

Make sure to tell the SO on your squad you are new. That will trigger a few things to happen.

1. The staff will spend a little extra time with you to make sure everything goes good.
2. You will not have to shoot first at a stage. The shooting order is rotated so that a shooter never has to shoot a stage first more than once. If you don't shoot first it allows you to watch at least one shooter go and you can pick up a lot from watching them. Not shooting first is a good thing for a new shooter.

Remember 2 things and we will cover them at the match. When you receive the load and make ready command take your time. You are NOT on the clock. Also at the end of the stage once you have fired your last shot the SO will instruct to unload and show clear. Once again you are NOT on the clock. Take your time. Most of the time I have seen dropped firearms and accidental discharges are when shooters are getting ready for the stage or clearing and unloading after the stage.

As @andrew1220 says, muzzle and finger control. Your goal for the match is not to DQ and finish. Don't worry about your time/points down.

Back
Top Bottom