• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WTF???

Hermaphrodite

I guess it depends how it "identifies".

Can that work the other way also? Shoot an anterless and tell the ranger it identifies as a male?

What did the checkin station say?

I guess it depends how it "identifies". Can that work the other way also? Shoot an anterless and tell the ranger it identifies as a male?
What did the checkin station say?
The way most states write their rules, any deer sporting antlers is fair game during "antlered deer" season.

Similar rules apply during “bearded bird” spring turkey season -- in NH, for example it is legal (but discouraged) to take a bearded hen in the spring hunt.

Buddy just sent this.
Yesterday in ma.

View attachment 677140
It's rare but does happen.....but usually a true antlered doe has very small rack........I've read an article that the deer with large racks and no visible male sex organs are actually male......with un descended testes......Basically hermaphrodite.

It's also the reason that the hunting regs use the terms "antlered" and "antlerless". A hunter isn't expected to check the undercarriage of a deer to determine its sex......just if it has antlers or not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom