• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WW2 Military Arms and Reproduction Shoot (MARS) 17Jun2012

If there is, I'm going to HAVE to let JayG know about this shoot. He's notorious for bayonet charges.

we can suspend a couple of gallon jugs and see can who empty his/hers first. Probably no points for "pain" but hey, that would be an awesome addition to the course.

I don't think we'll add the bayonet charge anytime soon but we have the dummy grenades again so, I'll try to work that in but through a window rather than the "pit". As for the Thommy, that would be fine as long it is a semi auto.

I am going to change the scoring this year to be more like USPSA (a score/time thing) and i had some feedback about the high-cap and yes I will make that distinction in the scoring results.

For those questioning cost- $20 should do it.

I'm liking the bayo charge idea. [smile]

Found it!

Hmm. That was Westwood but I don't recognize those cars. Must have missed that shoot.

is the Enfield ok? I also have my M1A but that is disqualified cuz it was designed in 1954 right?..

Mod. M1 –Garand
Mod. M-1903
Mod. M1– Carbine
Mod. M1903
Mod. M1917
or other military issue rifle pre-1950, chambered for .30 cal or greater. Bolt action or semi-automatic welcome. “Captured” weapons welcome.

NO: M-14’s, AR15’s, M16’s or any other “modern” issue;

M1A is Springfield Armory's name for a semi-auto only M14. Bring the Enfield - if we're running by the same rules as last year, the Enfield is OK since it was an Allied firearm.

Perhaps an invitation should be extended to Qmmo to attend, if Adam can't supply ammo?

Thanks for thinking of me Ross. If I'm still kickin' come June I could load up the truck with M2 Ball, 30 Carbine, some pistol calibers and make the hike up to Harvard again. .30-06 military brass (LC, RA, HXP, WRA, etc.) is getting harder to come by these days though and there is at least one poster in this thread needing ammo that owes me an ammo can and 500 empties going back to Oct of 2009....[angry] The more brass I can scrounge up, the more M2 Ball I can load. I'm good right now with .30 Carbine brass but can always use whatever I can get my hands on (same goes for everything else I load...).

Whoever...whatever....just let me know if OK, if needed, etc. and I'll plan accordingly.

Picking up the 1911 in time, but doesn't look like I'll have the Military rifle by the date. Maybe next year. Hopefully, I'll have another SBR Thompson. I love those. I'd even fix a bayonet to one of those. 100 mile/hour tape!

Have fun all.

Hmm. That was Westwood but I don't recognize those cars. Must have missed that shoot.

M1A is Springfield Armory's name for a semi-auto only M14. Bring the Enfield - if we're running by the same rules as last year, the Enfield is OK since it was an Allied firearm.

thanks, and yeah I figured that the M1A/M14 wouldn't be allowed.. but good news on the Enfield so I'll be there. I just gotta ramp up the ammo count of the .303 brit now. Anyone have any 303 ammo they wanna get rid of?

Sorry, no ammo.
I was at Cabelas this weekend and they lots of 30-06 and I hate to say it Wal-mart....but, please consider the local gun shops first.

Try Adam at acmearmament.com

for those of us that may be short on garand ammo, will you be extending the offer from last year about selling some day of the shoot?

I am not familiar with the Cammando but if it's .38 and available in 1942- you bet, bring it.

It was made mostly for civil service guards at military contract facilities with some being delivered to the Army.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

I take it that it was your long-lost twin brother poking that poor ride?

Who IS this ****er??? First MrsWildweasel tells me she met my twin out in Western MA, then Jon Green from GOAL tells me yesterday that he met my twin, and now he's in this video somewhere? 'Cause sure as John Browning made little steel Baby Brownings, I'm NOT in that video.

Show yourself, pal!!

Who IS this ****er??? First MrsWildweasel tells me she met my twin out in Western MA, then Jon Green from GOAL tells me yesterday that he met my twin, and now he's in this video somewhere? 'Cause sure as John Browning made little steel Baby Brownings, I'm NOT in that video.

Show yourself, pal!!

He's visited Acme also. Don't remember his name though.

are Mosins, Enfields or Mauser allowed or is it just USGI mil-surps?
You guys are lucky Scrivener isn't here to post about the lack of reading comprehension. I'm sure he'll be at the shoot, though...

SAVE THE DATE – June 17, 2012

WW II- Military Arms and Reproduction Shoot (MARS)

Four Objectives (“stages”) using a rifle, pistol or both.

Likely round count to a minimum of 50 rifle and 50 pistol, using:

Mod. M1 –Garand
Mod. M-1903
Mod. M1– Carbine
Mod. M1903
Mod. M1917
or other military issue rifle pre-1950, chambered for .30 cal or greater. Bolt action or semi-automatic welcome. “Captured” weapons welcome.

NO: M-14’s, AR15’s, M16’s or any other “modern” issue;
Leave all the optics home, iron sights only.

Side arms: Mod. 1911 or M1927
Mod. 10 Smith and Wesson M&P Revolver in .38 or
Mod. M1903
or any single stack .45 and or modern issue double stack to be loaded with 8 rounds of ammunition maximum and any revolver with a caliber designation of .38 or higher. No ported and no optics.

Embark to the Harvard Sportsman’s Club Action Shooting Pits on 17Jun2012 Dressed comfortably and preferably in World War II era clothing (not required). No “Axis” attire please.

Safety briefing 0845
MISSION H-Hour is 0900.

OBJECTIVE:
Enjoy an action shooting event while shooting authentic or replica military arms. While the event will be competitive in nature, safety and FUN are the objectives, in that order.

Pre-register (required) or questions to [email protected].

There is a possibility that there will be 5 "objectives" aka "stages" and it will be prudent to have 3 mags for your semi-auto pistols!
Also, please be aware that the weapons do not have to be surplus or originals, reproductions and modern manufacture of an original WWII available gun is welcome. So, for example, a new Auto-Ordnance M1 carbine or 1911 pistol is just fine.

Back
Top Bottom