• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WW2 Military Arms and Reproduction Shoot (MARS) 17Jun2012

Please bring an empty chamber "flag" for your rifle since we will be switch from rifle to pistol in a couple for the "stages".
Thanks

There is a possibility that there will be 5 "objectives" aka "stages" and it will be prudent to have 3 mags for your semi-auto pistols!
Also, please be aware that the weapons do not have to be surplus or originals, reproductions and modern manufacture of an original WWII available gun is welcome. So, for example, a new Auto-Ordnance M1 carbine or 1911 pistol is just fine.

Just brought my Argentinian girlfriend to the range this weekend to play on the plate racks with me - she's a Sistema Modulo 1927 made in 1953 and assigned to the Territorial Police. So she's ready to come to the MARS shoot. Not quite old enough for WWII but she's no spring chicken, either.

Looking to get a better Head Count for those from NES interested in attending. Pre-Register required

I ask anybody looking to go to this event please contact MARS here on the board by private message or at [email protected] let him know you plan on coming to the event.

I also will cross post this information on the Harvard Sportmans Club facebook page to gather some more on the current count.

Thanks

Last edited:
"objectives" aka stages are almost complete and with any luck I will have them avaialble for review prior to the match, for the folks that have pre-registered (if I am asked). As of today three mags for the 1911's will be money well spent. Also, I am likely to use a modified version (if not the actual) of IDPA scoring.

MARS

would a 9mm Luger chambered PPSh41 qualify as rifle? Any chance of soft-pre-registration, I'm not sure if wife is working that weekend.

Sorry Boris,
The 9mm would not be allowed and the the use of a submachine gun also puts it out, semi-auto only with .30 cal or better please.

would a 9mm Luger chambered PPSh41 qualify as rifle? Any chance of soft-pre-registration, I'm not sure if wife is working that weekend.

Sorry Boris,
The 9mm would not be allowed and the the use of a submachine gun also puts it out, semi-auto only with .30 cal or better please.

I am trying to back out of plans once I realized this was fathers day but its tough, seeing what I can do but I guess I did not realize what the date was. Its hard enough connecting with my pops I take advantage when it allows so we will see. Sorry.

So bring your dad. I've got a spare 1911 he can borrow. Got a 91/30 Mosin if he'll shoot a bolt gun, too.

So very kind of you Ross, I will ask him. To be honest he has little to no experience only once with the range with me but there is still time for him yet. I will let you know if he accepts.

Reminder of up-coming event:

17June2012

0830 Registration
0900 Planned Start

Please contact me if you had had a change in plans,
a change in firearms to be used or general questions.

I am looking forward to shooting with you and please bring the empty chamber flags.
Thank You,

I can't get away from the Appleseed Shoot to shoot this, unfortunately, but I'll be over on the 65 yard range, so if you could pop by there I'd be obliged!

'Course, it'd be even better if you were going to be at Monadnock on Saturday.

Awesome way to spend Bunker Hill Day! Thanks to Ira and the all who helped out.

Here is a video, Between the rifle and pistol portions, feel free to get up, stretch, make a sandwich, you'll still be back in time to catch the end!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the results and if i have your email I will send them tonight. Williiam R. was high for the M1 and overall! not to mention "hard core" authentic and awesome in general, Jeff R.,was high carbine and John D., high bolt action shooter (held his own even against the M1's).
Thank you all for shooting and next year, no holiday or fathers day shoots.

If there are scoring errors...contact me ASAP.

I would like to build the MARS events into something more action oriented and standardized without being rule heavy. One goal is to have period correct pistols without the IPSC friendly fat mag wells for one. Anyone with thoughts or comments?

Standings by % and a down ranking from General down to Private perhaps by 10% per rank drop?

Based on the quality of shooters so far- next year may include swingers and out and backs and for those expressing the interest- a simulated bayonet charge???

Back
Top Bottom