WWII Armorers Box

Welder1

NES Member
Finally found this Armorers tool kit after many years of patience. Picked it up from a buddy over the weekend at the Knob Creek show. Thought some of you guys here would appreciate seeing the tools used to service small arms during the war. Missing a few items but will time I’ll find them.

Attachments

• A54171D8-5B4A-4386-ABEB-1D49388B0495.jpeg
    A54171D8-5B4A-4386-ABEB-1D49388B0495.jpeg
    395.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 8E50E8AC-A830-446A-8ECA-C946520162B3.jpeg
    8E50E8AC-A830-446A-8ECA-C946520162B3.jpeg
    374.5 KB · Views: 107
Nice! It’s a Garand service set I assume?

Essentially it contains all the tools to maintain all common small arms. There are go/no go gauges for the Garand, 1903, .22 trainers. Test bolts for the same. Muzzle gauges. Feeler gauges, I’m currently trying to win on eBay the missing set of Starrett depth gauges.

Essentially it contains all the tools to maintain all common small arms. There are go/no go gauges for the Garand, 1903, .22 trainers. Test bolts for the same. Muzzle gauges. Feeler gauges, I’m currently trying to win on eBay the missing set of Starrett depth gauges.

Starrett is still in business up in Athol. If you don't win on that set, I wonder if they might know of any available?

Starrett is still in business up in Athol. If you don't win on that set, I wonder if they might know of any available?

I talked to a buddy that has family that works at Strarrett. Hopefully that turns up something. That didn’t change much over the years. Patience is the key to the military stuff I’ve found I waited a long time to find a nice Mossberg .22 trainer 😁😉

Finally found this Armorers tool kit after many years of patience. Picked it up from a buddy over the weekend at the Knob Creek show. Thought some of you guys here would appreciate seeing the tools used to service small arms during the war. Missing a few items but will time I’ll find them.
What are you missing specifically? I need the head space gauges for .22's that fit in the top tray middle. May have couple doubles of some other things. Most of these pieces are really rough to find. I found that most of them were likely never full. Techs were only allowed to have the tools in their kits for the arms they were qualified to work on. I have heard that same scenario now from numerous resources.

Back
Top Bottom