• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WWYD

I'd get up and walk out. It is conceivable that while doing that, whatever drink/food was on the table might end up in their lap or on them.

I also carry pepper spray which might come in handy if I was blocked from retreating. I carry different versions depending on the situation, up to and including a canister of bear spray which is located permanently in the outside mesh pocket of my backpack w/ the nozzle just sticking out so I can reach it while I have it slung on my shoulder. Black backpack, black canister, can't really see it unless you look real hard. When I'm in my car the backpack is on the floor behind the passenger seat where I can reach and grab the canister quickly if needed. If I'm going somewhere "out" where I'm not bringing the backpack then I'll have a larger personal can of pepper spray on me, if I'm just doing my regular routine I'll have a smaller one in my pocket.

Good call.

If you are trying to retreat and the umbrella squad is resisting your bear spray, there could be another umbrella defeating option that's available in any hardware store and in combination with a Zippo could 'light the way' to your escape. I'll just leave this right here...

Wasp spray is flammable - Tractor Talk

I would pay. I would walk inside and at least give the server a tip. It is not their fault and they did serve you.

I'd probably come back and tip/pay later. If the circumstances are such that I get up and leave, I doubt that paying/tipping will be a priority at the moment. But yes, definitely a good tip for the server at the very least.

Or just hit him with your purse or ask your wife to beat him up [rofl]

Yeah I’m fine with that, as you’re getting ass-raped in prison for pulling out your gun on a bunch of “unarmed” protesters who were demonstrating “peacefully” in this liberal State, you’re not gonna be viewed as the victim or the hero.

do "they" not win then?
What kind of stupid comment is this? I’m not risking my freedom or my life to argue with a mob. There’s no reasoning with the other party, you are sitting there waiting to be a victim. Walk away and live your life or be the poster child for racism to half of America and freedom to the other half of America.

Yeah I’m fine with that, as you’re getting ass-raped in prison for pulling out your gun on a bunch of “unarmed” protesters who were demonstrating “peacefully” in this liberal State, you’re not gonna be viewed as the victim or the hero.
Who said gunz? Mace and fist city would be my first choice but hey, you do what you need to and I will too!

Oh, so having a nice meal and minding your own business is stupid? If the peaceful protesters visit your home- vacate, it's stupid to be there.
This certainly did not look like a house. It seemed to be a sidewalk table at a restaraunt, in a dem-marxist stronghold, out after dark while the useful idiots are out seeking confidence targets?

If I lived in one of the cities where this behavior was prevalent, I'd have a hard time avoiding the temptation to carry concealed to a restaurant with outside seating.
Would love to see one of those antifa pantywastes wet themselves looking down the barrel of a .45
I have a hard time avoiding carrying concealed at any restaurant anywhere, lol.
In some states with no-carry-in-booze-businesses rules (e.g. Texas and the 51% rule) , the definition of "premises" explicitly excludes outdoor seating.

Who said gunz? Mace and fist city would be my first choice but hey, you do what you need to and I will too!

ok, cool... let’s go with that... so you pull OC spray on a protester(s) who just sat at your table or are even in your face shouting blah blah blah...in the video there were several cameras plus dozens of witnesses for cops to interview saying they saw you escalated the situation.

Alternately, it’s “fist city” how does that exactly work out? The scenario is you’re there with your family. If you’re lucky it turns into one-on-one mutual combat. But you know what — you went fists first and it’s all on camera. Humm... maybe other protesters join in and decide you represent the “white devil” (or whoever) and now multiple attackers. How are you protecting your kids exactly at that point?

so now there is disparity of force, 5 on 1 or an uncontrolled mob maybe? So then what? Broken wine bottle prison-shank style? Hit them with a folding chair like the WWE? Or maybe go gunz a blazin’ at that point since you’re likely on the ground at this point getting stomped?

where was your family during all of this? Which direction do you point the gun or swing the chair first if you’re surrounded?

seems like, you-do-you and I’ll-do-me is the only thing we can agree on in this hypothetical scenario... it’s all good though, hopefully none of this will ever be tested here.

In some states with no-carry-in-booze-businesses rules (e.g. Texas and the 51% rule) , the definition of "premises" explicitly excludes outdoor seating.

IDGAF about Texas since I won’t be eating there anytime soon, but perhaps you might post that warning on southwestshooters.com?

<edit> yup, I caught where I said anywhere, my bad. Probably wouldn’t carry if I was eating in a restaurant in Reykjavik or Milan either (since I have been to those places more recently than Texas).

What would I do? I'd listen to them, realize that their passion for change is noble, and join them, because they're so loud that they must be right.

[laugh]

The only one that wins a fight is the one that walks away (yes, that should be read two ways).

One of my kids works for Bertucci's, and has been stationed on Boston Common for the Summer. They're closed tomorrow, and were told to get all throwables stowed.

ok, cool... let’s go with that... so you pull OC spray on a protester(s) who just sat at your table or are even in your face shouting blah blah blah...in the video there were several cameras plus dozens of witnesses for cops to interview saying they saw you escalated the situation.

Alternately, it’s “fist city” how does that exactly work out? The scenario is you’re there with your family. If you’re lucky it turns into one-on-one mutual combat. But you know what — you went fists first and it’s all on camera. Humm... maybe other protesters join in and decide you represent the “white devil” (or whoever) and now multiple attackers. How are you protecting your kids exactly at that point?

so now there is disparity of force, 5 on 1 or an uncontrolled mob maybe? So then what? Broken wine bottle prison-shank style? Hit them with a folding chair like the WWE? Or maybe go gunz a blazin’ at that point since you’re likely on the ground at this point getting stomped?

where was your family during all of this? Which direction do you point the gun or swing the chair first if you’re surrounded?

seems like, you-do-you and I’ll-do-me is the only thing we can agree on in this hypothetical scenario... it’s all good though, hopefully none of this will ever be tested here.
Those are indeed interesting scenarios, here are a few more to consider. I don't usually go out to a restaurant solo, usually I go with a few buddies. If some antifa soiboy decides he wants to sit at our table and become aquatinted, it would most likely not end well for him.

I live in a decidedly red area in rural NH, however unlikely if some of these idiots showed up, they would be quickly dealt with, no 911 required. One thing I learned in my 61 years on this rock is that you don't back down to bullies. Libtards in Seattle, minnesota, Wisconsin backed down and look where they are now. Once these idiots encounter opposition, they run and find easier targets. If Johnny law won't do the job, private citizens will deal with it.

So run to the back of the restaurant and call the cops if you want, call 911 and see how fast they save you.

That was your gun? And I thought you were happy to see me. :(

I always carry a roll of mentos in my pocket 😊

Seriously, we need another group get together. And if you’re in the neighborhood for a driving lesson I hope we can swing a breakfast or lunch or something.

I always carry a roll of mentos in my pocket 😊

Seriously, we need another group get together. And if you’re in the neighborhood for a driving lesson I hope we can swing a breakfast or lunch or something.
We will definitely get together soon.

If I lived in one of the cities where this behavior was prevalent, I'd have a hard time avoiding the temptation to carry concealed to a restaurant with outside seating.

Would love to see one of those antifa pantywastes wet themselves looking down the barrel of a .45
Those antifa pantywastes will grab an AR I why wouldn't they grab your wittle .45?

Rioter sits down.
Stand up, whip it out, and piss on the guy. Sit back down "your move"

Whatever you can get your hands on, lol.

On another thread someone posted an interesting video comparing pepper products, it was pretty interesting. My take from it was that there are two basic types of product, spray/stream & gel. Both have pros & cons. Spray/Stream is easier to get on target and you don't necessarily need a direct hit to the eyes for it to work, the downside is if it's used indoors or if the wind blows it back at you. Gel needs to actually make contact w/ the eyes to be effective but there's no issue w/ indoors/wind. Sabre Red seems to be the preferred formula whether spray or gel, there are others. Sabre doesn't generally ship to MA nor can you order it for store pickup at places like WalMart, BassPro of HomeDepot, all which sell it in their stores in MA & on their websites (but most of them don't have it in stock).

I was able to order 5 of the Cyclist version Sabre Red from Walmart, delivered, but none of the other Sabre Red products from Walmart would deliver or ship to store, guessing might be a third party vendor. The Cyclist version comes in a sleeve that you can attach to a bike frame and then attach the pepper spray via velcro to that - useless, would fall off at the first bump but the container/spray is just the right size.

There's also a company called UDAP that specializes in Bear Spray, they also do personal spray, they ship to MA.

Well, I'm NH so I'm assuming it's all available - even from Amazon. I'll check out what's available and the reviews. I think if I were to use/need this it would be outdoors and it would be nice if it affected more than one - so spray... Indoors, with no place to go ? That's when Mr Glock gets involved I guess.

Thanks !

Well, I'm NH so I'm assuming it's all available - even from Amazon. I'll check out what's available and the reviews. I think if I were to use/need this it would be outdoors and it would be nice if it affected more than one - so spray... Indoors, with no place to go ? That's when Mr Glock gets involved I guess.

Thanks !
Outdoors group spray? Then definitely check out UDAP bear spray

Assaulting the Old Ball and Chain and I during a romantic night out dinner date?........this type of assault would constitute a carjacking then...no?

Meh, I'd briefly glance up, smile, then ignore them and keep eating. No matter what they say, I would ignore them. Until they touched me or mine they don't matter, they are insgnificant. When the do touch something I don;t want them to, fork through the hand.

Back
Top Bottom