X-5 Pics

Here are the pics I promised. Finally got the camera working again.

Attachments

• X-5-LEFT.jpg
    X-5-LEFT.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 316
  • X-5-RIGHT.jpg
    X-5-RIGHT.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 155
  • X-5-REAR.jpg
    X-5-REAR.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 127
Man is that sweet!!!!!!
Thank you. It surprised me in more ways than one. Zeroed in at 20 yds. using Speer 115 gr. Lawman on regular, white 8 1/2 x 11 paper with an orange, paste-on 3" dot in the center of the sheets. Given my own (eyeglass) correction, any new out-of-the box piece I zero prints very low and to the left. Doesn't matter rifle/pistol/revolver....its all low and to the left until I make the necessary adjustments to suit my eyes. This item started printing right in that 3" from the get go and the only minor corrections were to get it to absolute center....a couple of clicks either way. When I left the bench (was resting both hands on it) and went strictly off hand, sure the groups opened, but were still all around that 3" dot. I was totally amazed and think that myself and this piece are going to have a very long and happy relationship. [banana]

How does the grip feel? It looks oddly shaped in the pictures.

~Droid

To my hands it feels great. My hands are long and this configuration fits perfectly (to my taste).

The pics may be a little off because I had to modify them to get the system to accept. My camera is set for the best pic possible but that results in very large file sizes. Had to edit to reduce color and pic dimensions to get a file size the system would accept (250K Max). That may have slightly warped the pics.

The grip is slightly longer than a 1911 and more "rounded". It is definitely longer than the standard P226, which is more "squat" in comparison. Have a Blackwater 226 and there is no way in the world the grips are comparable in terms of shape and feel.

Bottom line.........I love it.[grin] [wink]

Nice gun sir! I remember the thread regarding your consideration of this purchase. Was as envious then as now. Enjoy it!

(and please let me shoot it if we should ever meet?)

Nice gun sir! I remember the thread regarding your consideration of this purchase. Was as envious then as now. Enjoy it!

(and please let me shoot it if we should ever meet?)

Thank you and I would be happy to let you try it if our paths should ever cross. Will you be going to the Wallum Lake "Walls Of Steel" in August?

Zeroed using 115 gr. but will also be trying 124 and 147 to see how they all act (and feel) in the piece. If I see you in Aug. will definitely know what works best by then.

Sounds great. I'm not sure about August as I'll be traveling a lot for work that month but sooner or later I tend to meet people that like the same sorts of things I do. Trust me, I'll remember. Just let me know what it likes so I don't come empty handed!

Sounds great. I'm not sure about August as I'll be traveling a lot for work that month but sooner or later I tend to meet people that like the same sorts of things I do. Trust me, I'll remember. Just let me know what it likes so I don't come empty handed!

No problem, just need some time to experiment...just like I did with colors on the dots. Have tried different combos on front/rear and am finding that a gloss white on the rear and a fluorescent orange on the front seems to work best for my eyes....at least at this point in time. Grin, after 20+ years away from all sport shooting I'm finding that the eyes and reflexes are mucho changed. It feels good to be back and once again getting involved. [grin]

That's my dream Sig. I'm jealous.

Right now the Sig of my dreams is the Platinum 220 but because I already have a 220, and because they probably won't be found in these parts for some time at a reasonable price, I'll wait on the sidelines for a bit.

That's my dream Sig. I'm jealous.

Grin, don't be jealous....just work towards it. From what I can see so far, its a worthwhile goal and worth the work to acquire. The downside is I now have no excuses at all. Hmmmm....maybe I can still blame the ammo for "misses"? [rofl]

Right now the Sig of my dreams is the Platinum 220 but because I already have a 220, and because they probably won't be found in these parts for some time at a reasonable price, I'll wait on the sidelines for a bit.

Have never owned or fired a 220. Looked at the pics and specs of that Platinum and its a good-looking piece.

Given my usage of the "Blackwater" 226 and now the X-5, I would for sure be looking in the future towards a 220....but my own preference would be for the "Elite" model with the Short Reset Trigger (SRT). All my .45 experience has been with the standard 1911 variations....accurized or not. From what I've seen of Sig so far, the 220 should be interesting.

Have you been able to compare the bushingless 220 you have with variants of the 1911 configuration?

Have never owned or fired a 220. Looked at the pics and specs of that Platinum and its a good-looking piece.

Given my usage of the "Blackwater" 226 and now the X-5, I would for sure be looking in the future towards a 220....but my own preference would be for the "Elite" model with the Short Reset Trigger (SRT). All my .45 experience has been with the standard 1911 variations....accurized or not. From what I've seen of Sig so far, the 220 should be interesting.

Have you been able to compare the bushingless 220 you have with variants of the 1911 configuration?

Yup. In general the Sig actually has a softer (subjective evaluation here) recovery than the SW and Colt 1911's i've tried which had a heavier, tighter return. Generally, I've found that comparable 1911s in the $700-$900 range aren't generally as accurate (my limited perception-not the word of G*D). Now, if you're talking about some of the custom guns, high end Kimbers, SVI etc, I'm sure you can do better than the Sig, but for a daily carry, with it's more modern engineering, I'd choose the Sig over the base SW, Springfield or Colt.

But hey, that's just me.

Also, this particular Sig seems to go for about $1000 when you can find it on Gun Broker.

Yup. In general the Sig actually has a softer (subjective evaluation here) recovery than the SW and Colt 1911's i've tried which had a heavier, tighter return. Generally, I've found that comparable 1911s in the $700-$900 range aren't generally as accurate (my limited perception-not the word of G*D). Now, if you're talking about some of the custom guns, high end Kimbers, SVI etc, I'm sure you can do better than the Sig, but for a daily carry, with it's more modern engineering, I'd choose the Sig over the base SW, Springfield or Colt.

But hey, that's just me.

Also, this particular Sig seems to go for about $1000 when you can find it on Gun Broker.

Very Interesting. Have a Kimber Grand Raptor II and have never used any reloads in it...just 230 FMJ like Magtech, S & B, military hardball (both Olin and Israeli) that I had preserved...or Win "Ranger" HP's. Have found both the 226's to be just as accurate, if not more so. Of course we're speaking of 9 mm as opposed to 45.

Have noticed that Kimber changed their Gold Combat to a "bushingless" design, which seems similiar to the Sig. Can't help but wonder why.

Thanks to all for the compliments. Grin, now I need to get MY performance up to the X-5's level. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom