• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

XXX - Adult Warnings...Hard Core...

I need a new safe...

C-phssafe.jpg

C-pher,

You sure need something! [thinking]

Why don't you let me store a few of those for you...I have plenty of room.

How bout you reconfigure the inside, and get rid of everything but the actual guns? I had to do that a couple of months ago, and had to add in a piece of peg board on the side wall to hang up the pistols!

Adam

Adam_MA said:
How bout you reconfigure the inside, and get rid of everything but the actual guns? I had to do that a couple of months ago, and had to add in a piece of peg board on the side wall to hang up the pistols!

Adam

Yea, but then that's not as fun as having another safe...

I know, I need to clean it out. But after we were broken into last year...I don't like leaving optics and the like outside of the safe. And where am I to put my ammo? I don't want it laying around as my wife and kids don't have an LTC.

I have a smaller safe\lockbox for my ammo. Works great and then they are separate. A bad guy would have to break into two safes...

Same here.. I ended up getting a lockable metal cabinet that I keep all my ammo, mags, cleaning supplies, etc. in. Works out great this way. and MUCH cheeper than buying another safe!

Adam

I agree, get a cheap box for ammo. I picked up a gun locker at Dick's for $79. I was able to drill holes in the side so that I could add shelves. My wife has an LTC. "Can you get a couple of cases of ammo for me while you are out shopping hon?"

safe_closed.jpg

safe_open.jpg

Adam_MA said:
Same here.. I ended up getting a lockable metal cabinet that I keep all my ammo, mags, cleaning supplies, etc. in. Works out great this way. and MUCH cheeper than buying another safe!

Adam

Yea, I know that it's cheaper, but I'm also out of room for long guns. And there's two more at the least that I need to pick up.

I'll have to look into a cabinet...

C-pher said:
Yea, I know that it's cheaper, but I'm also out of room for long guns. And there's two more at the least that I need to pick up.

I'll have to look into a cabinet...

But if you reconfigure, and take out all the shelving on the right side, you would have room for another 10! That's what I had to do.

Adam

I've got so much ammo that i'm turning the underneath of my gun bench into a lockable storage area. When surplus ammo span cans full of 8mm and 7.62x54 are as cheap as they are, its hard not to buy full cases at $60.

Adam_MA said:
But if you reconfigure, and take out all the shelving on the right side, you would have room for another 10! That's what I had to do.

Adam

Actually, it's room for 16. But then I need to rig something for all my pistols. I need to find out how to rig up some peg board. I would be worried about putting it to the back of my safe door as I was told that I could crack the security glass. Don't want to do that...then I have a very expensive and heavy paperweight. Don't know, as I've never taken the panel off the back of the door. But I guess that I could do that and see how it's all set up back there. I don't know aobut the glass, as I didn't see anything in their catalog, but that was some time ago...and I wasn't really looking really hard.

For me, I just lost 1 whole side wall of my safe for the peg board. If I was in your situation, I think I would remove all of the shelving, including the top shelf, and run peg board on both sides and the back along the top. If you get creative in how you position the pistols, you can get 3 to 4 guns on a 12"X12" square of pegboard!

I'll see if I can take a pic of the inside of mine later tonight.

Adam

Tweed said:
I agree, get a cheap box for ammo. I picked up a gun locker at Dick's for $79. I was able to drill holes in the side so that I could add shelves. My wife has an LTC. "Can you get a couple of cases of ammo for me while you are out shopping hon?"

I just bought the exact gun cabinet at Dick's. My intention is to use it exactly like you are when it fills up with long guns and I eventually need a "real" safe.

C,
Here is how I did mine. It looks like you have more room up top than I do, so your safe might work better if you ran this all the way around the top.

Safe001.jpg

I need a new safe
Just to be clear, you don't need a "bigger" safe. You need "another" safe. One that's bigger than the first [wink]

I've been using a contractor's storage box for ammo: http://www.cableorganizer.com/greenlee/tool-boxes/mobile-storage-chests.htm

Got one at Home Depot. I know they carry something like it, but I can't find it on their POS web site.

Filled it up before too long. Got another. Filled that up. Now I've got more ammo lying around...

Back
Top Bottom