Yaesu FT-60

Made my way down HRO to pick up my FT-60R on Saturday (that place is as awesome as I figured it would be). I really like this radio. It is pretty much exactly what I was looking for as a happy medium between the UV5R and my VX7R. It is super easy to use and program by hand and simple enough that I can switch the memory channels with out looking at it, which is what I was looking for. I will dig into programming it later in the week.

My only beef with it is the remote mic output. I wish it were a little more positive, the VX7's is awesome.

I agree...,the mic connector is a "Mickey Mouse" arrangement, and subject to being easily unplugged. My only other gripe is the awkward placement of the on/off knob. One must be quite dexterous to operate it. Other than that, it's a great radio and built like a tank.

The more I play with this thing the more I like it. It is exactly what I was looking for and I am glad this thread was posted and you guys talked me into taking a closer look at it. This radio will def become my go to unless I need to turn my mobile rig on.

Back
Top Bottom