• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Yale students sign petition to repeal First Amendment...

I wonder how many people told him he was insane. Was that 50 signatures out of 52 people, or out of 150?

Not that it really matters, the fact that it's more than zero is pretty appalling.

"I think the constitution should be one big safe place"....AND PEOPLE AGREED!!!

I'm glad they are pushing this. Publicizes the issue and even HS kids are talking about it. Even Obama is against it.

I think the guy is right! [shocked]

The first amendment should be repealed for anyone that thinks it should be repealed.[angry2]

They don't deserve the right to free speech, freedom of the press, or the right to assemble.
They also should not be allowed to have any religious affiliation, and should be banned from petitioning the government.

They are too stupid to voice their opinion![wave]

The first amendment should be repealed for anyone that thinks it should be repealed.[angry2]

They don't deserve the right to free speech, freedom of the press, or the right to assemble.
They also should not be allowed to have any religious affiliation, and should be banned from petitioning the government.

Freedom of the press has morphed into the 'freedom of the press' to do the bidding of the government

The irony in that video is astounding...and those pinheads don't see it...

Know what scares me more? There's a place in the world where younger people talk for 47 pages of which kind of pencil to use...

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=206480

Pencil geeks are amusing, but I like how flashlight geeks have changed the market for flashlights.

flashlights.png

I'm ready to support a litmus test on gun ownership. If you want to repeal the Bill of Rights, any of them, you have lost your right to any of them. And, you get sent to an island with nothing but hungry Kimodo dragons!

Of course for me to support the 1st amendment, I can't object to these subhumans right to speak drivel.

Group buy to publish the names of every moron who signed that petition? Future electorates and Senate confirmation hearing committees need to know.

Group buy to publish the names of every moron who signed that petition? Future electorates and Senate confirmation hearing committees need to know.

It won't do any good....look at what we have sitting on the US Supreme Court bench now and their writings were out there for everyone to see. It didn't make a damned bit of difference. We are hosed.

Look at the morons running for president...read some of their papers? Some of Bernie's writings in the 70s about women would curl your hair. He's a total whack job yet all these hippy armpit hair women are getting all lathered up over him...

Last edited:
I think he got 50 in 60 minutes.

Right, but if he talked to 2,000 people in 60 minutes, 50 of whom signed 1,950 of whom told him to **** off, that's very different than if he only talked to 50 people in that 60 minutes and *all* of them signed.

Right, but if he talked to 2,000 people in 60 minutes, 50 of whom signed 1,950 of whom told him to **** off, that's very different than if he only talked to 50 people in that 60 minutes and *all* of them signed.

Hmmm ...I read the thread, beginning with the title hoping that "Yale students sign ...yada yada yada ..." was some type of misdirection. Then of course, it was true, and painfully so. And I read that you stated regardless the results versus idiots-polled-ratio, that any positive response to the survey/petitiion was "appalling" ...agreed.

That said, and I know that you were being hyperbolic to a degree, even so, 2,000 interactions in 60 minutes translates to 18 hundreths of a second per interaction, and a total of 50 from that 2,000 would be a 2.5 percent signing rate. So, let's be a bit more reasonable, and allow for an interaction of consequence every 20 seconds over a 60 minute period. That would total 180 potential interactions, and that does not subtract the substantial time that he used to humor these nitwits who actually signed, so further, I think that it 's fair to edit this aggressive estimate and curb the number by 20 percent for kibitzing. That leaves us with 180 interactions minus 20 percent (36) which equals 144 interactions, which is still above what I expect the real total was.

So 50 out of 144 ...better than 1 out of 3 (34.7%) snowflakes wandering that campus would flush the 1st Amendment to the Constitution.

They all need at least one bar fight under their belts for perspective.

Back
Top Bottom