Yeah, maybe he shouldn't be a firearms instructor...

allen-1

NES Member

Here's the lead paragraph:
CHICAGO — The daughter of a Southwest Side alderman was shot in the leg last week during a concealed carry class taught by her father — the same alderman who shot himself in the hand last October.

He was the only one professional enough to handle the gun in that room. Did he reach for an AR after that? Did the students yell for him to put it down? Man, that was a funny video

I’d say the guy is doing just fine. If anything he’s going way above and beyond. These are very important lessons being learned first hand by everyone in the room.

Why was there live rounds in the fire arms during a class?

To show what happens when you're stupid? I fire at a can / mud spot / etc to show what can happen if there's an accident. I never even thought of shooting someone so they'd know they don't want to be shot. This is a genius idea!

I did, your point?
I mean, if I have to explain it that’s kinda the problem. It wasn’t the instructor, and possibly was not the fault of his daughter, despite at least a couple of posters implying otherwise.

Likely this is the ‘ol “check out my cool carry gun” unholstering by a student and the media is jumping on it because he’s been critical of Lori Lightfoot.

You guys should try actually reading the article.

At one point during the class, someone handed Curtis’ daughter a loaded Glock 19 pistol and the weapon discharged, striking her in the right leg.

While she was treated at Christ Medical Center, Curtis’ daughter told Chicago police that her father was handing her the weapon when it went off, police records show. When officers arrived at the church, though, Curtis’ son told them that he was handing the gun over when it fired.

While she was treated at Christ Medical Center, Curtis’ daughter told Chicago police that her father was handing her the weapon when it went off, police records show. When officers arrived at the church, though, Curtis’ son told them that he was handing the gun over when it fired.
Oh wow. I didn’t catch that part somehow.

Ok, you guys win. This guy sucks 😂

Followup:
CHICAGO — Less than two weeks after his adult daughter was shot during one of his gun safety classes, 18th Ward Ald. Derrick Curtis insisted that “nothing happened” and “she’s fine.”

Curtis’ comments came in response to questions posed by WGN Investigates following Wednesday’s City Council meeting.

Asked if he was in touch with the Illinois State Police regarding his certification to teach concealed carry classes, Curtis said, “Absolutely. I’m good.”

Curtis responded “no comment” when asked if he would continue teaching the classes

He was the only one professional enough to handle the gun in that room. Did he reach for an AR after that? Did the students yell for him to put it down? Man, that was a funny video
gunsafety.jpg

In the 80's I think , I heard of an instructor who was trying to assure a very nervous female student that guns where perfectly safe , especially when unloaded.
He dumped what he thought were all the rounds out of a Chief's Special put it to his head and proceeded to paint the wall with his brains.
Guess he missed one.
Always wondered if the gal went on to get her permit. :oops:

In the 80's I think , I heard of an instructor who was trying to assure a very nervous female student that guns where perfectly safe , especially when unloaded.
He dumped what he thought were all the rounds out of a Chief's Special put it to his head and proceeded to paint the wall with his brains.
Guess he missed one.
Always wondered if the gal went on to get her permit. :oops:
JFC, must have been years of therapy for that poor girl

You guys should try actually reading the article.

At one point during the class, someone handed Curtis’ daughter a loaded Glock 19 pistol and the weapon discharged, striking her in the right leg.
The gun did not discharge by itself. Someone negligently pulled the trigger.

Followup:
CHICAGO — Less than two weeks after his adult daughter was shot during one of his gun safety classes, 18th Ward Ald. Derrick Curtis insisted that “nothing happened” and “she’s fine.”

Curtis’ comments came in response to questions posed by WGN Investigates following Wednesday’s City Council meeting.

Asked if he was in touch with the Illinois State Police regarding his certification to teach concealed carry classes, Curtis said, “Absolutely. I’m good.”

Curtis responded “no comment” when asked if he would continue teaching the classes

Nothing happened? I thought something happened to someone, somewhere, some time. That’s what that squad member said.

Two shots, two hits? That’s better than average marksmanship for Chicago!

Back
Top Bottom