• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Yeah, yeah. I know another scope thread.

Chevy 2 65

NES Member
Getting a Ruger Precision rifle, unless someone can recommend one just as good or better in the same price range.

What's a really good scope for long range shooting up to 1,000 yrds.

Thanks

An RPR is a good choice for a long range rifle. What are you looking to spend? I've got a Vortex 4.5-27X HD Gen II which I highly recommend but they have other less expensive models that are good too. Nightforce, Schmidt & Bender make highly regarded optics for long range but they are on the expensive end too. Nikon & Leupold have some good scopes too. There are other makes that also are good. You might want to check on the manufacturers websites and check and compare the features that the scopes have. Decide what you want to spend and what features and the reticle that you really want and go from there. Cabela's does have a pretty large selection that you could go and check out.

2,000 is my max for now. Just getting started in long range. Growing up it was always sand pits, woods or LGR.

2,000 is my max for now. Just getting started in long range. Growing up it was always sand pits, woods or LGR.

You should be able to get a very good scope in that price range. At this time of year there may be some great deals on optics so you may be able to get something even better than usual but still within your price range.

PM Jonah on here, NES name DrRansom (of NES sponsor Eurooptic)

He can set you up with VIP pricing on their site. I bought my nightforce ATACR 5-25x56 as a demo, and it's unlikely you'll do much better on price.

This one would do you https://www.eurooptic.com/Nightforce-Competition-15-55x52-125-MOA-C513-NF__LN.aspx and 1,000 yards would be doable at 55x

Mods, sorry hope it's OK I am linking off NES, I figured it would be OK as they are a sponsor.

can you buy a bad scope for $2000??

i've shot a friend's barrett 50 with a nightforce and its amazing but i've also shot a 308 browning with a $1000 Vortex pst and i thought it was comparable.

these new vortex razor hd gen ii seem like top notch optics, I'm getting ready to get 1-6 x24 for a 3 gun set up there glass seems impeccable and the warranty is top notch!
I know, I have been thinking about vortex scopes. You get a great scope and save some money. [crying]

My brother has a REPR. My assessment is that it is a $1,000 trigger that is worth every penny and comes with a free precision rifle.

He's got a Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 6-24 FFP with illuminated EBR-2C in MOA on it. The glass is very clear. Vortex has a reputation for tracking true.

SWFA SS 10x42 Tactical 30mm Riflescope for $299.00.
Now you have $1700.00 to spend on rings, bipod, cleaning supplies, a case, spotting scope, targets and ammo![rofl]

Sorry, there is always one in the group![smile]

Last edited:
You’re so right! My only concern is wondering what’s going to come outta shot show 2018 only a couple months out !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWzolCEilTQ

kinda neat little video talking about it

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWzolCEilTQ
take a look!

Personally I don't think anything will come out of shot show in 2018 that will make you say .... I should have waited. Figure it usually takes months for anything at shot show to hit the shelves. Also when the new stuff comes out it drives the older models down in price a little. Used can also be a good option in the higher end scopes.

Getting a Ruger Precision rifle, unless someone can recommend one just as good or better in the same price range.

What's a really good scope for long range shooting up to 1,000 yrds.

Thanks

Shooting what at 1000 yards? Game, clanging steel, paper? Formal or informal?
Informal, anything will do.
If formal: PRS, F-class, ? There are very specific needs and uses when it comes to the "long range" games.

Back
Top Bottom