• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

you gotta have a bayonet and lug , why?: because you gotta have a bayonet and lug

If you have yet to shot or stab anyone, why are you so certain that you could never stab someone? In my opinion, stabbing a bad guy surely beats being killed or wounded.
I've always found it difficult to " fill up their belly" with any caliber ammo when my magazines goes dry.

I'm sure when the time comes, I will be in reaction/robot/autopilot mode, but consciously thinking about it: stabbing seems more personal, and bloody. I mean I'm sure it's a bloody affair either way but.......

I'm sure when the time comes, I will be in reaction/robot/autopilot mode, but consciously thinking about it: stabbing seems more personal, and bloody. I mean I'm sure it's a bloody affair either way but.......

Yes, it is more personal than shooting, but it does beat the alternative.

Why is there a hole in the plastic and why is the bayonet shaped like that? Is that to collect the blood of your enemy?

Reminds me of the gizmo used to open old style oil cans at gas stations...

ETA:

Reminds me of something you might find in a gynecologists office...

1607461298611.png

Last edited:
What the actual f*** is this thread about?
maxresdefault.jpg

You just need to get "the spirit of the bayonet"......

This reminds me of a section in T. Grady Gallant's book "On Valor's Side" about his time in the Marines during WW2 and his bayonet training:

"There were lectures on how to free the bayonet from the enemy’s body. Evidently, it stuck to him almost without fail. I had visions of being involved with a bayonet I couldn’t free, and shrank from the problem, which I never solved within my mind. The bayonet was supposed to be rammed under the rib cage, but it sometimes stuck to the backbone, or went through the shoulder blade and stuck, we were told. A bayonet rammed through ribs almost invariably stuck and great effort was required to free it, the instructor said.

We listened with rapt attention. The rule was to fire a bullet into the victim, if the bayonet stuck. “This will free your weapon quickly,” the instructor noted.

If you have a bullet, why use a bayonet? I wondered, but I never came out and asked the question. I feared it would cause complications I did not feel capable of overcoming. But it had always been my belief the bayonet was a source of comfort to those who had run out of ammunition, or who were unable to reload, at a crucial moment.

In the movies, the bayonet never sticks. How the Hollywood writers missed this point is not clear. The scene wherein the hero gets his bayonet stuck in the villain and struggles desperately to free it while an enemy patrol charges down a hill toward him, seems to me to be something they would have imagined years ago.

I qualified on the bayonet course. But I did not distinguish myself. I never did find out for sure what my weakness was. I don’t think I yelled loud enough. The bayonet charge is traditionally accompanied by a chorus of fierce yells. I did not shout loud enough, I’m sure. The sight of cold steel, it seemed to me, was more effective than hollering. But yells and shouts can terrify, as the Confederates proved a century ago. "

Jesus. Is that thing for collecting the blood/soul of your enemy?

Better version.

At least with this one you can thrust it in your opponent, pull back and leave a "collar" in his body so
he bleeds out like a spigot.
The set up also enables the user to carry extra collar in a pouch for enraging multiple targets.

khyxr2d.jpg

I have a regular old Phrobis M9 bayonet for my pre ban m4orgery, and of course the obligatory pig sticker on my m44 Mosin, and I think I have one for my enfield. Definitely get more looks at the range when your about to shoot and you yell "fix bayonets" and then proceed to do a rambo style mag dump all over the 100yd berm

Better version.

At least with this one you can thrust it in your opponent, pull back and leave a "collar" in his body so
The set up also enables the user to carry extra collar in a pouch for enraging multiple targets.

View attachment 420687

In 2020, if you end up that close to your enemy, you've F'd up. That said, that's pretty damned cool. LOL

Better version.

View attachment 420687

That is revolutionary. If you have a rail you can have a second bayonet. :eek:

If I had a gun with half a mile of rails, I would have 4 bayonets on it + the bayonet barrel.

Wait ... I do have a gun that can accommodate that ... hmmm

This reminds me of a section in T. Grady Gallant's book "On Valor's Side" about his time in the Marines during WW2 and his bayonet training:

"There were lectures on how to free the bayonet from the enemy’s body. Evidently, it stuck to him almost without fail. I had visions of being involved with a bayonet I couldn’t free, and shrank from the problem, which I never solved within my mind. The bayonet was supposed to be rammed under the rib cage, but it sometimes stuck to the backbone, or went through the shoulder blade and stuck, we were told. A bayonet rammed through ribs almost invariably stuck and great effort was required to free it, the instructor said.

We listened with rapt attention. The rule was to fire a bullet into the victim, if the bayonet stuck. “This will free your weapon quickly,” the instructor noted.

If you have a bullet, why use a bayonet? I wondered, but I never came out and asked the question. I feared it would cause complications I did not feel capable of overcoming. But it had always been my belief the bayonet was a source of comfort to those who had run out of ammunition, or who were unable to reload, at a crucial moment.

In the movies, the bayonet never sticks. How the Hollywood writers missed this point is not clear. The scene wherein the hero gets his bayonet stuck in the villain and struggles desperately to free it while an enemy patrol charges down a hill toward him, seems to me to be something they would have imagined years ago.

I qualified on the bayonet course. But I did not distinguish myself. I never did find out for sure what my weakness was. I don’t think I yelled loud enough. The bayonet charge is traditionally accompanied by a chorus of fierce yells. I did not shout loud enough, I’m sure. The sight of cold steel, it seemed to me, was more effective than hollering. But yells and shouts can terrify, as the Confederates proved a century ago. "

Twist as you pull back .
Usually frees it up.

Actually, I have always preferred a horizontal butt sroke over the bayonet.......M14 of course
That’s funny, in the next paragraph Gallant says that in bayonet training he learned more about using his rifle as a club than anything else, and that the “vertical butt stroke” was his favorite, since you did it without changing the position of you hands. Back then, his weapon was the M1903 Springfield.

Back
Top Bottom