• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

You know you have an unclean mind when.....

I was doing a crossword puzzle and the clue is "one end of a number 2" (6 letters). I tried "tapers" and "blunts" to no avail. It was only after I got a few of the letters that I realized the answer was "eraser". My wife, having a cleaner mind, immediately thought "pencil" when I asked her.

What else do we have?

Turtle!!!

Which of course in that context always made me laugh harder on this vid

Last edited by a moderator:
When I said "what else", I was thinking of what other situations have NES people found themselves in where having an unclean mind caused an unintended interpretation of something with a considerably different meaning - not other words for an end of #2 (though the responses were interesting).

Ancient, but still funny...

The Pope was working on a crossword puzzle. He thought and thought about one clue, finally gave up and asked the Cardinal next to him, "What's a four letter word, ending in U - N - T that means 'woman'?"

The Cardinal was working on his own puzzle and didn't even bother to look up. "Aunt, your Holiness."

The Pope didn't speak for a second. "Oh." He paused. "Do you have an eraser?"

When I said "what else", I was thinking of what other situations have NES people found themselves in where having an unclean mind caused an unintended interpretation of something with a considerably different meaning - not other words for an end of #2 (though the responses were interesting).

Rob, I know it is not where you were headed with this, but your question had the strange effect prompting a long forgotten memory of a friend's misunderstanding.

Probably 1973 and my friend was sure he had discovered a song he said was about the day-to-day life of a prison guard, I can hear him now as he sang, "Taking care of prisoners every day, taking care of prisoners every way," as BTO played along on the AM radio.

Do not know how that popped into my brain 40 some years later but thanks. [grin]

Last edited:
Rob, I know it is not where you were headed with this, but your question had the strange effect prompting a long forgotten memory of a friend's misunderstanding.

Probably 1973 and my friend was sure he had discovered a song he said was about the day-to-day life of a prison guard, I can hear him now as he sang, "Taking care of prisoners every day, taking care of prisoners every way," as BTO played along on the AM radio.

Do not know how that popped into my brain 40 some years later but thanks. [grin]

It's the residual effects of the drugs.[smile]

It's the residual effects of the drugs.[smile]

Sure if you say so, it was a pretty wild scene for a pair of 10 year-olds in Detroit circa 1973. [rofl]

Kind of like Purple Haze, when Jimi Hendrix says "...'scuze me while I kiss this guy..."

Kind of like Purple Haze, when Jimi Hendrix says "...'scuze me while I kiss this guy..."

Actually, the lyrics are:

Purple haze, all in my brain
Lately things they don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why
Excuse me while I kiss the sky

The song I remember as a kid that the parents thought was too dirty for the radio was Steve Millers "The Joker" (1973)

You're the cutest thing
That I ever did see
I really love your peaches
Want to shake your tree

Lovey-dovey, lovey-dovey, lovey-dovey all the time
Ooo-eee baby, I'll sure show you a good time

Now that was pretty racy in it's day, especially for a bunch of 10 year olds.
Steve Miller never actually explained the lyrics, but it was pretty easy to figure out.

Talking about having a dirty mind, I was refereeing a Freshmen girls high school soccer game the other day. It had rained the previous couple of days so the field was very wet. When one team had a goal kick, one freshman girls yells to the one taking the kick "Hit it hard, its wet." The girl taking the kick immediately replied, "That's what she said".

Actually, the lyrics are:

The song I remember as a kid that the parents thought was too dirty for the radio was Steve Millers "The Joker" (1973)

Now that was pretty racy in it's day, especially for a bunch of 10 year olds.
Steve Miller never actually explained the lyrics, but it was pretty easy to figure out.
I know purple haze
I was replying to the guys post about the wrong BTO lyics.
I should have said... I knew a guy who thiught the purple haze lyrics said...

Back
Top Bottom