• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

You may be a Geek if...

Being that Ross started that Redneck thread, I thought that I would start one for us geeks. Being that just about everyone on here is in the IT field.

So, You may be a Geek if...

Every time that someone refers to this board as NES, you think of Nintendo.

I fall in under some of the previous posts... Here's mine:

You might be a geek if you know what 1337 means.

Oh, and there's only 10 type of people in the world, those that understand bianary and those who don't.

g3t5vm!

Actually my little black and tan cocker is named after a character from one of Alan's science fiction fantasy books he reads. (Abrena) He didn't like any of the names I was coming up with so I told him to give me one of his books. Skimmed through and that name stuck ever since.

pwn3d!

Ross,

1337 means leet or elite. It's a newer term. Hackers would sign hacked html pages and use other characters to sign them so you couldn't search the code and pick up that you have been compromised.

C-pher said:
derek said:

owned!!

.....If you have a T1 in your house to you can better play Battlefield 1942, for Castle Wolfenstein on-line.

have you played BF 2? i need a new pc to play it, but it is by far the best game ever! [twisted]

I owned BF, but I played MOH:AA for a long time and still think it is one of the best games ever created.

BTW, for the non-geek: MOH:AA = Metal of Honor: Allied Assault.

hehe

I have all of those, MOH and BF 1942, as well as Castle Wolfenstein for my PC.

And, I have MOH for my PS2 and Xbox....both of which I have hooked up online.

Just have a A/B switch on my TV to change between the two.

And does it mean that I'm a geek becuase I'm beta testing SOCOM III for Playstation??

I played the original wolfenstein 3d on my 486. Later when the original doom was released it brought my 486 to it's knees. I was just a young buck then...

BTW, c-pher, how did you get hooked up with that beta - testing!!! Only thing I've ever beta tested was Revit Structural, CAD software from AutoDesk. Not nearly as much fun.

MidKnight said:
I played the original wolfenstein 3d on my 486. Later when the original doom was released it brought my 486 to it's knees. I was just a young buck then....

Your 486 just needed a better processor and enough memory. It ran fine on my AMD 486/40 with 8 megs.

Oh, that must date me as an older geek.

You're really an old geek, if you know how to program in BASIC.

And, you're a really, really ancient geek, if you have ever used a card punch machine, and figured it was state-of-art.

(Been there, spent a couple years Regular Army in a Data Processing unit.)

You're an old geek when you had to load diags on the UYK-7 with paper tape.
(took 10 mins if it didn't fu) (heck you are a geek if you know what a UYK-7 is !) Sperry univac computer.

Everynight I had to do the punch cards in the Army,after I typed all of our messages to go out that night,and all the parts were accounted for and put away. Cause I always got the shipments left for me to do on swings.

Wildweasel said:
You're an old geek when you had to load diags on the UYK-7 with paper tape.
(took 10 mins if it didn't fu) (heck you are a geek if you know what a UYK-7 is !) Sperry univac computer.

Damn, we had an IBM 360/40. Mobile computer, housied in 2 special semi-trailers, not counting the library van and maintenance van.

Back
Top Bottom