• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

You need to move to New Hampshire...

Even in a split US the struggle would continue. I read somewhere SJW's get off on the struggle more than achieving the goal. If they cant find a cause to advocate for theyll make one up. For them it's about forcing their will upon others. Even if the country was split, theres no way they could just sit idly by and let the other side live their life.

THIS!

I have wasted 50 years of my life on running from politics. Was it worthy? Not! Learn from me:

What we think now is not exactly what is going to happen. When the politics reach the Peak of Stupidity average Joe will have enough and it will not matter if he was blue or red, he will be out there taking down the system.

I would even dare to predict that MA will reach this Peak of Stupidity faster than Montana or Kentucky.

Depends on what the effort is, if it means making new shooters, I don't think that's a waste. On the other hand, writing letters to lieawatha to tell her she's a c*** is a waste of time, obviously...

I agree....making new shooters is not a waste. But not fully educating the new shooters with the political facts is a waste. These new shooters....all shooters...need to know they should only vote for pro-2A candidates. The less people that make 2A a priority in the voting booth means that even pro 2A politicians will not make it a priority of their campaign.

Learning to shoot is great. Getting a gun license if you need to is also great. Buying guns and protecting your family is awesome. But the only way can preserve and protect 2A is in the voting booth. So ALL new shooters need to also make that commitment or their new found love for liberty and freedom will be short lived.

It’s still ridiculous to give the f*cking Commonwealth anything, considering they already scooped the cream when you earned the goddamn $$

R
Estate taxes are the ultimate form of government thievery. Of course, now Dems want to tax your post tax wealth before you even die. Total BS.

Even in a split US the struggle would continue. I read somewhere SJW's get off on the struggle more than achieving the goal. If they cant find a cause to advocate for theyll make one up. For them it's about forcing their will upon others. Even if the country was split, theres no way they could just sit idly by and let the other side live their life.
they need to be victims, it's part of the liberal mentality now.

Estate taxes are the ultimate form of government thievery. Of course, now Dems want to tax your post tax wealth before you even die. Total BS.

Makes perfect sense in their minds. Wealth is not produced -- it's a natural resource, just like oil, and you should tap the reserves wherever they exist. Nobody worked hard to create it. Though somehow you're still greedy for having it and wanting to keep it. And to seize/redistribute it is not only reasonable but just. Of course the legislators are exempt, but they wouldn't expect you to understand the distinction.

"There's plenty of money in this country, it is just in the wrong hands." - Bill de Blasio

You do have to ask, though, why do they fly complicated medical cases from NH to MA hospitals?
Well that is certainly one advantage of MA over NH, medical care. Boston has some of the best hospitals in the country, and even out west in Springfield Bay State is highly rated. Sure you can still come down to MA for your health care, but how convenient is that especially in an emergency.

I’ll start by stating that I agree with most of Len’s post, but:

It’s not quite so. MA is one of 12(?) States that has a Städte Level income tax. This sucks, of course. But it doesn’t start at 16%. Nor does it start at $1.

Estates valued at greater than 1 million are subject to the tax. If your estate is $999,000 it pays NO tax. If your estate is $1.5 million, you pay tax on almost all of it. First $40k has a tax rate of 0%, rising from there. The 16% kicks in if the estate is more than $10 million. (That’s also the fed threshold and the federal tax is, if I’m not mistaken 40%. I don’t know because I’m never going to have to face that problem, having chosen my parents without considering wealth. Oh bother.)

It’s still ridiculous to give the f*cking Commonwealth anything, considering they already scooped the cream when you earned the goddamn $$

R
The numbers I stated came from someone I know whose career was as a financial advisor, he's a gun owner and warned me about the way MA DOR assesses estate taxes. He sold his MA house and now lives in NH and FL (both have no estate taxes).

DOR are a bunch of thieves and I've never had any good resolution to any questions or issues with them going back to the day I walked in their office in 1970 to get a vendor sales tax certificate and asked for a copy of the MA sales tax law (no internet to look stuff up then) and the a-hole refused to give it to me and just told me to charge sales tax on service as well as product (wrong!). It's only been downhill from there. So no way in hell do I want to see them get another nickle out of my estate when I'm gone.

Well that is certainly one advantage of MA over NH, medical care. Boston has some of the best hospitals in the country, and even out west in Springfield Bay State is highly rated. Sure you can still come down to MA for your health care, but how convenient is that especially in an emergency.
Well, Androscoggin Valley took pretty good care of me when I got hurt at Great Glen. [grin]

Well, Androscoggin Valley took pretty good care of me when I got hurt at Great Glen. [grin]
I am glad that you got good treatment up there and hopefully you made a complete recovery. My point was that I do not see Androscoggin Valley on the list of top rated hospitals in the country, although I am sure they are very good.

Look this whole thread started because the OP was tired and fed up with the GTFO of MA thing. And there have been many advantages pointed out that NH has over MA other than just the gun laws.

But if someone has gotten to the point where they actually believe that living in MA has absolutely NO advantages, not one over NH, then they are not thinking rationally or you are blessed with perfect health and believe you will never need the best health care.

I am glad that you got good treatment up there and hopefully you made a complete recovery. My point was that I do not see Androscoggin Valley on the list of top rated hospitals in the country, although I am sure they are very good.

Look this whole thread started because the OP was tired and fed up with the GTFO of MA thing. And there have been many advantages pointed out that NH has over MA other than just the gun laws.

But if someone has gotten to the point where they actually believe that living in MA has absolutely NO advantages, not one over NH, then they are not thinking rationally or you are blessed with perfect health and believe you will never need the best health care.
You said:
Sure you can still come down to MA for your health care, but how convenient is that especially in an emergency.
Concussion and spinal fracture would certainly count as an emergency, and AVH did a pretty good job. More serious/less urgent => Dartmouth-Hitchcock, and for something very serious (e.g. cancer treatment), somewhere specialized for it, be that Boston or New York. But for most ordinary healthcare and emergency care, AVH, Littleton, etc, are fine.

You said:

Concussion and spinal fracture would certainly count as an emergency, and AVH did a pretty good job. More serious/less urgent => Dartmouth-Hitchcock, and for something very serious (e.g. cancer treatment), somewhere specialized for it, be that Boston or New York. But for most ordinary healthcare and emergency care, AVH, Littleton, etc, are fine.

I beg to differ. For minor healthcare you can go to any CVS, you do not need a hospital. The difference comes to play when you do need something serious. There you have a selection to make and trust me that nobody from here would select Littleton!

This is for all of us here: Make sure you do not go to a local hospital with something serious.

To be perfectly honest, NH isn't much better on the affordability scale...

Unless you have a cabin way up North. Everything else, especially Southern NH and commercial real estate all over the state, is matching MA outside of the Boston area. When Tuscany Village will be finished in Salem NH, Southern NH will become a bedroom community for MA employees and the end of NH as we know it will be quite obvious.

I think thats mostly in the Southern NH area between Nashua, Manchester and Portsmouth if you drew a big triangle. Even those with Portsmouth being the exception arent close to MA inside 128

You said:

Dana Farber Cancer Center is in Londonderry now and possibly other areas of SE NH as well.

Otherwise, I agree that Boston is the place for serious medical issues. However, the majors (MGH, BWH, BIDMC) have purchased many community hospitals in the North Shore of Mass, so you can get the same great care there as well.

Everything is relative. My MA house is in a very expensive bedroom community with exceptionally high RE taxes and housing prices. The house I bought in SE NH would sell for at least $150K more in my MA town.

And since everyone from MA seems to shop in the Nashua area, commodities in NH can't be more expensive than in MA!

You form a defensive line that you can truly defend. The NH border is that line for many of us.

When you can attend a Chamber of Commerce open house (to the public) and actually get to talk with 3 of your own state reps for an hour or so . . . and they are your neighbors, live and work in your NH neighborhood just like you (not in an ivory tower - DC, or exempt from most of the laws they pass like MA and generally unreachable personally), it is a lot easier to defend that front. My Wife and I independently did just that in October and two of them are neighbors (2 streets away) . . . the irony is both are firearms instructors as well!
I fear it will be a war on two fronts too. As I have said elsewhere, ME is soft and getting softer in the Cumbie Belt. The state just won't have the numbers north of Bath to combat what's coming down the pipe. Unlike NH, which has a twenty year lead on solidifying it's defenses.

Depends on what you mean by affordability. If we're talking COL, all of new england sucks on that because of winter, heating, blah blah. If you're talking property, it's all relative WRT where you moving from in MA to where you're landing in NH. If you're moving away from the Boston Urban cup bullshit, you'll pretty much always win. But you can do the same moving into central MA, too.

-Mike

The biggest threat to quality hospital care in NH is the consolidation of regional hospitals IMHO

Its also the biggest impediment to cost effective treatment (competition)
That's happening everywhere. Down here, it's Yale-New Haven. Example:
logobridgeporthospital.png

Depends on what you mean by affordability. If we're talking COL, all of new england sucks on that because of winter, heating, blah blah. If you're talking property, it's all relative WRT where you moving from in MA to where you're landing in NH. If you're moving away from the Boston Urban cup bullshit, you'll pretty much always win. But you can do the same moving into central MA, too.

-Mike

COL yes all of NE has that same problem, but the property taxes are pretty full retard most anywhere south and east of Concord. If you can get a job in NH, then you will probably come out ahead or break even compared to mass. But if your job doesn't exist in NH and so you have to commute, you pretty much get f***ed financially as you get the worst of both: MA income tax and high NH property tax.

COL wise, SC is better than NH. My parents moved to SC in 2014. They now have a $375K brand new (built in 2019) house on one acre in a more rural part of York county. They pay about $1,600/year in property taxes. While they do pay income tax, they still come out ahead compared to NH's property taxes and heating bills.

There are some nice properties in the $300-350 range in Southern NH. Thata not bad, considering that $300-350 inside of 93 will get you a one bedroom in a basement with a $500 HOA fee.

I guess it depends on what each of us sees as affordable. (I'm looking at this with a Boston salary in mind).

When the next recession hits, those places will suffer. That's when you buy.

Last edited:
We are selling our property in the spring and buying a place in southern NH and another place in Florida. We'll do the snowbird thing and stay in FL January and February, possibly March too.
I wanted to move to Tennessee full time but the wife wants to mostly stay near home. I wanted out of Mass, so the NH/FL compromise will work.
Can't wait to get out of here.

This MA/NH thing is just a microcosm of what's happening in this country.
Those of us that can are self-sorting. Moving to parts of the country to find allies, and in some cases like Californians, invading to spread their disease.

Lots of us are stuck and will have to wait until the last possible moment to move.

Colin Woodard's 2012 book breaks down the U.S. into 11 different nations. And for those that don't know, at it's heart, a nation is an extended family sharing like values and culture.
Here's the Business Insider summary article from the 4th. Be ready to go. Mass is a lost cause.

Back
Top Bottom