• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

You'll shoot your eye out.

The 17 yr old stolen gun part is kinda funny.

That actually happened at my wifes uncles house. The gun was sitting on the front seat of the deputies car, and it was not his friend but a kid he had had a fight with. The 17yr old was a known troubled spot in the local LEOs side already. The kids family tried to sue my wifes uncle because the deputies car was parked on his property (He was renting)...and apparently he somehow should have known that the guy had a gun in the car...they were all real classy...The deputy vanished without a trace when the lawsuit hit...event the lawers tracers could not find him.

I didn't read his article as being anti-gun as much as being anti-NRA (which in itself isn't necessarily a bad thing). Does he really think all 44 million* US gun owners are NRA members? Or that all gun owners blindly follow Wayne laPierre's voting dictates? About my only bitch with his article is the assumption that gun owners in general don't take extra-ordinary steps to protect their arms. There at least, I thought he was painting with too broad a brush.

*Yes, I've seen the quotes for as many as 65 million gun owners in the US, but the quotes I could find were unattributed. All I could find documented were these 1997 DOJ stats.

Back
Top Bottom