your favorite steel 9, with details

Gents, I've owned a few 9mm pistols all of which i enjoyed imensely...but I've never fallen head over heels for any of them. I have owned and sold my: ruger sr9 fullsize, gen 3 G17 and 19, gen 4 g26, and various walthers.

I recently sold my last 9mm (the sr) to fund a toy which i recouped money from very quickly (finally got paid from some sidework) so now am once more on an adventure to find a fine nine. I've had mainly poly guns and would really like a my first steel gun. Thinking 4 inch barrel, i am not finish picky, and preferably something with high cap mags.

Let er rip boys! any personal experiance, pictures, etc are greatly apriciated!

Dom

Have you played with any of the CZ line?
I know its a compact but have you tried the SR9c?
Why don't you think like all the cool kids and get a 1911 chambered in 9mm?

Herman, not a complaint about the SR it always ran flawlssly and was very accurate. i found it a touch snappy myself.

Dirty, i would love a CZ but most guys arent into selling them! I havent shot one myself but my father lusts over them. My wife has and carries a SR9c which i love but its hers. Why not a 9mm 1911? cuz its supposed to be 45 or 10mm [wink]

Well noted mike, will keep an eye out for a shadow to try.

Dom

my father booted me in the ass and told me to buy a police trade in 5906 smith and wesson and have it tuned up.

boys and gals?

I had a 6906 (silver version) many moons ago. Great gun, nothing spectacular. I'd buy one, but just to replace it as a gun I once owned.

- - - Updated - - -

My bad, I has the prior generation 669, mostly the same.

Please get the S&W and stay off the hunt for a CZ like the rest of us... lol

Oh and perfect answer on the 1911! I must admit I have shot a few chambered in 9mm and its growing on me, they are pretty dam nice.

Dirty, in all seriousness i have shot a smith and wesson 9mm 1911 and it was a absolute hoot to shoot and very pretty to boot. Fit and finish were top notch, it had the pretty scalloped (fish scale?) slide.

I really would love a CZ75B, and have been keeping my eyes peeled but even the boys at A&J who have a talent for finding things told me to put it on the back burner [laugh] Not giving up on one but deff not lusting or i will never relax!

Dom

My favorite used to be my Italian made Beretta 92fs - super accurate, would shoot anything. After having some surgery, my right arm isn't as strong as it used to be, so I've got it for sale now in the classifieds.

Now my favorite is my S&W 908 stainless. It's a single stack, much lighter than the Beretta, and it too is super accurate and shoots anything.

And you know I'm going to say Beretta 92fs - even though the frame is alloy, not steel, so it's not a full steel gun. Whatever the arguments against it, just remember it was good enough for the armed forces for about 30 years.

Also, if you want high capacity pre-ban mags, this is definitely your gun.

Browning Hi Powers are pretty nice. I sold mine because it didn't fit anywhere in USPSA and it's not optimal for shooting at speed anyway. Feels nice in the hand and shoots accurately though. Pre-ban 13 round mags are relatively plentiful and 17s aren't that hard to find either.

ive never shot a 92fs believe it or not, maybe i will see if anyone i know has one i can put thru its paces. Someone reminded me that smith and wesson still offers an action package on the third gen pistols.

Dom

Pick one up and you'll understand. One of the best feeling double stack pistols to many hands. Also, it's the last work of John Moses Browning as finished by Dieudonné Saive of FAL fame. It's all steel, so it has a nice weight to it and very little felt recoil. It was a hi-cap wonder-9 before that was cool.

Jericho 941. Dead on balls accurate, High Cap (16+1), Light trigger and damn sexy too [smile]

007-4.jpg

006-5.jpg

WOW! that looks great, im very impressed with how it looks and its finish! How is the slide to frame fit? and barrel to slide? that is one cool lookin gun, Spike's from Cowboy Bebop if im not mistaken.

Dom

I really like my Kahr K-9... steel frame, 3 1/2" barrel, less than an inch wide, 7 + 1, easy smooth trigger.

What part of the state are you in? If you're anywhere nearby, I'll let you shoot it.

You can feel free to shoot the Mrs Beretta if you can make it to Hopkinton, both of us really like it, despite the fact everyone seems to love bashing it.

The hi power would be awesome, it's on my list of future purchases.

3rd generation S&W you wont be disappointed, I have a 908s,6906,CS9,and a 39-2(1st gen) I can't get them to malfunction,they shoot and carry nice and the value keeps going up. Listen to your father he is obviously a smart man

There was a NIB Springfield XDm in the classifieds with a 5.25 barrel, I believe it's the competition model

Another vote here for the S&W 3rd Gens., especially the 5906. Yes, they are heavy, but extremely durable, accurate, and reliable, and pre -ban high caps are plentiful.

If you can find a holster - worn police trade in for cheap, a few minutes in a bead blast cabinet and a $20 pair of new grips it will come out looking brand new and give you years of good service.

I own a Beretta, and used to own a few CZ75's, and I still prefer the 5906 over both of those great pistols.

YMMV

Back
Top Bottom