• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Your government hates that it cannot pull the rug on your comms.

They've done it before (cancelled amateur radio comms) during WW1 and WW2. One of the reasons I am thinking twice about putting up a tower...not quite as easy to hide as a couple of wires are. I know that RF signals can be seen and located from space and flying aircraft but...

Are those Meshtastic T-Echo units any good?

I looked into the meshtastic stuff at one point. It's a neat idea but "Long Range" may not mean what you think it means. Longer than BlueTooth. I'm not shitting on it, it's a cool idea.

I looked into the meshtastic stuff at one point. It's a neat idea but "Long Range" may not mean what you think it means. Longer than BlueTooth. I'm not shitting on it, it's a cool idea.
The record node to node is 158 miles. It it 100% elevation and line of site. Some areas are more conducive than others for a network.

Practical use is 1km in suburban type areas. The tradeoff is range vs bandwidth. If you're sending one bit of data really slowly, you get more range.

However, since it's a mesh, you can extend that range by adding more devices. They will continue to work out the best path(s) between themselves and other devices.

I'd love to try something like this:

Back
Top Bottom