• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Your New Knife!

Just got UPS notification that two knives were delivered at home and here I am trapped in the office.
I just got in a Kershaw-Emerson CQC-6K In today with a D2 steel blade. It feels nice. Blade is 7/10 sharp.
Funny thing though. The Kershaw box it came in is excellent. Strong and attractive. My Spyderco Para 3 LW came in the cheapest looking slide sleeve box... (at 4x the cost)

I WILL:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
DHgate.com
DHgate logo.svg
Native name敦煌网
TypePrivate
IndustryCross-border e-commerce
FounderDiane Wang (CEO)
HeadquartersBeijing, China
Number of locationsList[show]
Area servedWorldwide
Products
  • E-commerce
  • mobile commerce
  • logistics platform
  • cross border payments
Services
  • B2B
  • trade
  • import
  • export
Websitewww.dhgate.com
DHgate.com (simplified Chinese: 敦煌网; pinyin: Dūnhuángwǎng) is a Chinese business-to-business (B2B) and Business-to-consumer cross-border e-commerce marketplace that facilitates the sale of manufactured products from suppliers to small and medium retailers. It is the one of the largest B2B-cross-border e-commerce trade platforms in China. The company is based in Beijing and has offices worldwide, including in the US and UK.

I WILL:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
DHgate.com
DHgate logo.svg
Native name敦煌网
TypePrivate
IndustryCross-border e-commerce
FounderDiane Wang (CEO)
HeadquartersBeijing, China
Number of locationsList[show]
Area servedWorldwide
Products
  • E-commerce
  • mobile commerce
  • logistics platform
  • cross border payments
Services
  • B2B
  • trade
  • import
  • export
Websitewww.dhgate.com
DHgate.com (simplified Chinese: 敦煌网; pinyin: Dūnhuángwǎng) is a Chinese business-to-business (B2B) and Business-to-consumer cross-border e-commerce marketplace that facilitates the sale of manufactured products from suppliers to small and medium retailers. It is the one of the largest B2B-cross-border e-commerce trade platforms in China. The company is based in Beijing and has offices worldwide, including in the US and UK.
Definitely a buzz kill lol. I obviously own shit made in China but I buy from US sellers. I’m not judging anyone who does but for me personally I cannot and will not buy from a Chinese based company in the US or anywhere. F’K them

Just in case some of you knife/blade/gadget guys missed this or don’t look in the yard sale forum, someone needs to give this beauty a good home. The site won’t allow me to post video from my phone of its operation but it’s pretty neat, handmade and fires hard and fast.

Let us know how you like the ELMAX steel!

Black Wash steel is also a great looking finish, IMO...

Last edited:
I received my Cold Steel Recon 1 that I ordered almost 3 weeks ago for $89.99 from BladeHQ.

After looking at @SHOCKNAWE's CS Recon 1, and his review, I had to have one.
I chose a S35VN Spear Point and it is a handful. Sharp as f***. It already bit me too... [rofl2]

1608754406355.png

BTW, anyone know a good way of lengthening my thumb? I need an extra inch to engage the thumb-stud better... [rofl2]

1608754639124.png

@enbloc Enjoy your Recon 1!! It’s my go to for all hard tasks, and rides in my truck every where I go. Cold Steel are sharp as F’k as you seem to already realize 😳. Glad you got one, I love the Spear Point, it was my second choice but went for the Tanto Killy look instead 😂👍👍

Yeah, it is super sharp and well ground.
I think this would make a great belt-sheath knife also. Like a huge Buck knife. [smile]

I am looking for a sheath that will hold it well for the times I want to carry it that way...

Thanks again for the great advice @SHOCKNAWE ! You always steer in the right direction!
~Enbloc

Just got a Becker BK2 after seeing it talked about in here. The sheath is two pieces and incredibly tight. Like I can't even get the knife to click in and the sheath is starting to separate. Is there a fix or just return?

Benchmade Mini Presidio 2 CF Elite

Christmas gift from my 12yo son (with gap funding from his Mom). I'd never heard of it, and honestly probably have never given it a second look on my own, but after a week in my pocket, I think this might be Benchmade's best kept secret. Built like a tank, while still light and carryable, with silky smooth action, it manages to strike the perfect balance for me between the full size Griptilian and the Bugout.

20201228_085130.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking knife! Kudos to your son and his mom...

I also received a new Benchmade Bugout today and it is so light.
Then new scale pattern also makes it grippier and looks better than the original 'checkering' that looked a lot like the Buck 110 Light Weight's...
The new BladeHQ Exclusive pattern is almost like 'fish scales' on its scales. [smile]

1609169974777.png
1609169188580.png

Last edited:
I like it. Axis lock, nice and flat, nice deep clip... What does that scale material feel like? I was interested so I looked it up - carbon fibre reinforced nylon sounds like a good combination for weight, strength and texture.

1609168423714.png

Great looking knife! Kudos to your son and his mom...
I actually think it looks more functional than “good looking”, kinda like the reason I don’t own any Glocks, but I’ll never get rid of it for sentimental reasons, and after carrying it exclusively for the past few days, I think it really could be my one do-it-all knife. No pretty, but boy it melts in my hand, snaps open with a smooth, authoritative “click” (both with my thumb and middle finger, spidey style”, and drops shut. The blade is just right. Thick where it needs to be, while still being slicey. This one’s not pocket jewelry....it’s gonna get a lot of use.

Back
Top Bottom