• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Your New Knife!

Let’s try again.
Not mine, but my daughter turns 14 this month and I figured she should retire her 11 year old pocketknife (the pink one) for an entry level OTF. This is an Atomic from Grindworx. On sale for $20 and fires and retracts pretty solidly. She’s not tough on her knives, so this may actually last a while.

6EB172DB-CB84-4D47-8517-DB1AE99A669A.jpeg FA9CBF41-DA9F-4D1A-A6B2-36D4926ACB10.jpeg

My new sgian-dubh from Ken Brock.

He had a release of these, but I hemmed and hawed over it and missed getting one before they were discontinued.

@bfm suggested that I email Ken to be put on a list for the next run.

I did so and Ken emailed me back that he had a blank for me if I wanted it.

Ken Brock Sgian dubh knife prototype.jpeg

I wasn't going to miss my opportunity again and told him I'd take it.

It took him only about a week to finish and ship the knife.

I'm really happy with it!

Ken Brock Sgian dubh knife with sheath.jpg

My new sgian-dubh from Ken Brock.

He had a release of these, but I hemmed and hawed over it and missed getting one before they were discontinued.

@bfm suggested that I email Ken to be put on a list for the next run.

I did so and Ken emailed me back that he had a blank for me if I wanted it.

I wasn't going to miss my opportunity again and told him I'd take it.

It took him only about a week to finish and ship the knife.

I'm really happy with it!
Ken is a great guy. I have three or four of his knives rattling around here.

Looks super stabby but the price point is stupid money. @cams see if you can buy it on Amazon 🤣
Crazy money. If it was like 100.00 or two just for the knife and a sheath I’d be in. Make it in D2 and cut the cost in half, it’s supposed to be a pocket daily worker anyway. That super steel cost is nuts for a 3” blade.

CRKT isn’t afraid to spill a little of its customers’ blood in the name of design. I have one of these things kicking around somewhere.

View attachment 644972

It may surprise you all, but I'm no knife fighter, but my brain can't understand a situation using this and not slicing your palm open/thumb off

Finally had a chance to sit down and sharpen the SRK, the edge was not up to the standard I have seen in the past from Cold Steel. The hairs on my arm now pop off with no effort View attachment 645373
Yeah, these are mass produced and for the price, ok for out-of-the-box. A little time and love and they come right in.

They are not "heirloom" knives, but great for a working blade.

Back
Top Bottom