• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Your New Knife!

I NEVER should have spent this amount on a kitchen knife but oh well…..here’s my new benchmade 15500-3 meatcrafter
^ I wonder if it’s legit ? ^

^ I wonder if it’s legit ? ^
^bought here^

Another cheap knife for sticking in cars, go bags or other places you'd like to have one and forget it's there. I wanted a knife to keep in my work trailer. This thing is a stout folder. We'll see how it holds an edge on the jobsite.

Pocket Knife Spring Assisted Knife - Folding Tactical Knives Japanese Tanto Blade Knives - Ninja Assisted Opening Knife - Best for Camping Hiking EDC Work Knife Birthday Christmas Gifts for Men 6688

Just picked up this Kershaw Deschutes Caper (1882). I wanted a small fixed blade for cleaning brook trout when camping. The feel is rock solid, and there’s zero play in the sheath. I wish the blade was .5” longer, but the shape and the jimping are perfect. We’ll see if it’s an issue or not, but a fused handle, like on a victorinox kitchen knife, would help keep scales/oil/guts out. Overall it’s an awesome knife, especially for $30.

79536F31-BE83-4A27-90DE-C97FF7167F6E.jpeg
6ACB1DB3-DC80-4B56-BF8D-F2BE3F392FE4.jpeg
1DC17C80-9B21-4008-A15E-AE42DCC86D82.jpeg
179C8988-35C5-4270-9EF4-591CE4174B80.jpeg

Just picked up this Kershaw Deschutes Caper (1882). I wanted a small fixed blade for cleaning brook trout when camping. The feel is rock solid, and there’s zero play in the sheath. I wish the blade was .5” longer, but the shape and the jimping are perfect. We’ll see if it’s an issue or not, but a fused handle, like on a victorinox kitchen knife, would help keep scales/oil/guts out. Overall it’s an awesome knife, especially for $30.

View attachment 654633
View attachment 654635
Maybe heat the handle and reform it..

I've wanted a full-size Bugout in orange. This looks like it will scratch that itch and then some!
That one popped up in my email and I immediately thought the same thing! I’d be all over this if I didn’t already have a full size bug out in bright blue. Although they say you can never have too many knives…..

That one popped up in my email and I immediately thought the same thing! I’d be all over this if I didn’t already have a full size bug out in bright blue. Although they say you can never have too many knives…..

Different shape and slightly bigger blade and no thumb stud. Plenty of difference!

Different shape and slightly bigger blade and no thumb stud. Plenty of difference!
I did notice the differences and the similarities! It's just kind of hard to justify spending ~$170.00 on a pocket knife that's very close to what I already EDC. This is especially cogent after I just dropped close to $800.00 for 193 gallons of heating oil. Benchmade has great products but I really wish they'd drop their prices a bit to be a little more affordable - JMO.

Back
Top Bottom