• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Your New Knife!

I want to find a decent, simple little fixed blade but there are almost too many options out there. Tops alone seems to have 100 of them. Then there are the custom makers, who are sort of affordable when it comes to small fixed blades but it’s hard to find any reviews or feedback on most of them.

This thread is evil.
Check out Bob Dozier knives. He may have gone “bench made” which is semi production. Affordable, hunting, tactical, decent knives. Dozier Knives - Dozier Knives

Speaking of Victorinox, I just picked up a Combat Utility Knife (U.S.) at the Swiss Knife Shop in Amherst, NH (internet sales only) and a nice pouch for it.

View attachment 401241
View attachment 401243
I’ve always liked antiques but I’m getting obsessed with Victorinox for some reason. Maybe it’s their price point over their incredible quality.I just visited their website. I just got a 10% coupon code. Thanks!

Last edited:
They have a ton of different configurations. Check out the website. Can’t beat the price either.

Yeah, my problem with SA knives is the same problem I have with bags. I can't find the perfect one, so I get one that is too big/too much. This being just a knife that will open everything, and not much more then that, is probably all I actually need.

Speaking of Victorinox, I just picked up a Combat Utility Knife (U.S.) at the Swiss Knife Shop in Amherst, NH (internet sales only) and a nice pouch for it.
How long did it take to ship? I just ordered that Minichamp last night. They gave me a 10% coupon code for sending them my email also. I like the free shipping too.

How long did it take to ship? I just ordered that Minichamp last night. They gave me a 10% coupon code for sending them my email also. I like the free shipping too.
3-4 IIRC, I'll check my email...

Ordered, late on 10/6. shipped on 10/9 received on 10/10

I just ordered a Victorinox Swiss Army "1" through Swiss Knife Co. for $21. (delivered)
I like it, and it looks very thin. I like the Alox a lot...

1603244951126.png
1603244998803.png

They have one in black oxide blade that looks nice too.

Victorinox Swiss Army 1 Schweizer Messer
1603245130931.png

And a Red Alox "Pioneer" that I like the looks of...

1603245211276.png

And then there's Wengers... [rofl2]

I have the Soldier I bought in 97. No lanyard ring. I think they call it the pioneer now. My wife’s going to kill me soon. Lol.Ireally like the red Alox. I like the newer shields too. Victorinox bought Wenger and stopped making them. If you have any Wengers, hang onto them.
6A64909C-28B7-4998-BA22-9D973A7164E6.jpeg

Yeah, the Vic shield is pointed, the Wenger shield is rounded, both have the same Swiss Cross if branded with a plain cross, and from what I've been reading Wenger is still producing knives under
Vic direction, but those are only sold in Switzerland. Ebay actually has some Swiss vendors and will ship out of that country. They look like small, cottage businesses/vendors.

I may be totally wrong, but this looks like the case with Victorinox-Wenger.

I may try an add a new Alox color every year for my B-day... [smile]

I’m already eyeballing this one. Thanks enbloc, I may be getting divorced soon. Either that or the wife’s going to stab me. I’ll have to get this one for Christmas. I think you are right about the Wengers. I’ve always been a fan of old school type folders and fixed blades but I can’t get over the quality over price for these knives.

14482188-12A1-4A44-A086-49AF84AC5802.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom