• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Your New Knife!

A quick follow-up regarding the Arno Bernard / Beretta bird and trout-

1673389262367-png.707835

Finally today I was able to put it to use for the first time. Bagged 8 quail at a preserve hunt and was able to quickly clean them with this. Very nice ergonomics, sharper than a scalpel, and not to be overlooked is that it is easy to clean up when done.

A quick follow-up regarding the Arno Bernard / Beretta bird and trout-

1673389262367-png.707835

Finally today I was able to put it to use for the first time. Bagged 8 quail at a preserve hunt and was able to quickly clean them with this. Very nice ergonomics, sharper than a scalpel, and not to be overlooked is that it is easy to clean up when done.
I know it handled occasional tube bone with no I’ll affect, even though a pro never hits one ☝️ 😆
Thank you for this follow up !

I’ve never failed a button lock, but I can see how that would be a concern. Cold Steel tri-ad lock is basically unbreakable, and the action on many of them isn’t too terrible. LOVE my Air Lite Tanto. Smooth enough to flick, super thin in the pocket, bulletproof lock, and I’d pry open paint cans with the blade. Back lock tho. A good frame lock is dang hard to fail as well. ZT has some pretty heavy duty ones!

Lol. About the safest knives out there. I have a microtech clone that’s really fun to play with but it never leaves my house because Massachusetts 🧐🙄
I have a cold steel code 4 knife and it has become my most favorite knife to carry ever. It’s big enough in my hands, Carrie’s easily in gym shorts, nice design for single hand open and close and has decent steel (s35vn). I like it more then my bench made and other “higher tier shelf” knives.
I also have the SR1 Lite. It’s a bit bulky and oversized but still a good knife for when I work and would be banging it about.

SOG had emailed me a promo and I just ordered one of these for no other reason than I really like the look of it and I had a 15% off customer appreciation coupon I hadn't used.

Today's mental task - justify spending $50 on yet another knife. :p

9HZo8WWh.png

🐯

I have that same Cutco knife but I’m black. Great grip even when wet but I don’t like the sheath i find it’s hard to put the knife back in due to the flap with the snap on it. But that’s a sheath issue the knife itself is great
Agreed. It is a bit sloppy with such a flexible blade and the snaps of the serrated blade sheath suffer the same challenge.

If any of you guys are looking for new knives at cheap prices; all brands,
stop by Mikes Performance and Furniture on Willow Street in Malden MA
A dear friend of mine passed and had amassed a HUGE collection, a few pictured here, but, there are maybe 500+++ more in boxes you can check out.
All new in box at great prices.
Stop by to help sell the estate to help his mother of 95 years old!! IMG_0180 (002).jpg

I was dreaming of spring and planning some more fishing and outdoor stuff with the kids. I was digging through my day pack just doing inventory when I saw the knife clipped to the side and remembered I didn’t really like it.

I was looking through my knife drawer for something more appropriate and realized that all my stuff was either too fancy to actually use (yeah I’m a collector) or just not right. Either too tacticool or way too heavy duty for day trips in the back yard woods.

I’m good for the zombie apocalypse or if I need to cross the Amazon on foot, but nothing really practical in the fixed blade catagory. I took a gamble on the ESEE 3 and I think I found a winner.

Also the color scheme is perfect for what I intend to use it for. I’ve dropped too many knives in the woods and never saw them again. Don’t think I’ll have that problem with this one. I REALLY like this one! I have some flourecent green paracord I’m going to wrap the sheath in and make a lanyard.

268EA890-0026-4532-964C-A4668318C25D.jpeg 1361EB5D-B9EA-41F9-A09F-E2DDE3D3266C.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom