• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Youtube policy change re: firearms content

Provides instructions on manufacturing a firearm, ammunition, high capacity magazine, homemade silencers/suppressors, or certain firearms accessories such as those listed above.
Two observations, one serious and one a joke.

Serious: This sounds like instructions on how to assemble a lower from an LPK might be taken down. Or at the very least milling an 80%.

Joke: Manufacturing a high capacity magazine contravenes the rules, but manufacturing a low capacity magazine is just fine?

Not surprised. Also believe that information about this was posted earlier from other sources. Or things to the same effect. Such as channels being shut down/deleted by uubtube which pushed them to go to different distribution sites that do NOT have these asinine restrictions. But I'm sure they'll come back with the standard "if it saves just ONE life..." type comments.

I wonder if this will be applied to roloading content. I would not be surprised if they claim that as "manufacturing" ammunition. Anything instructive that is demonstrated could get targeted. This is sort of like the digital equivalent to book burning.

My only problem with full30 is that it is maintained poorly.
Their UI hits bugs here and there and they go uncorrected for months. For a very long time subscribe/unsubscribe buttons were broken.
The license with a third party vendor they used for emailing notifications of new videos expired for about three months before they fixed it. So, unless you went to the site regularly, you wouldn't know new videos were posted (several people posted they were going back to youtube because of it).

There's a market there, if they would just either do the work to make it a true competitor for this kind of content, or hand it to someone who would. Maybe the latest youtube stuff will finally light a fire under them. Not going to hold my breath.

Already lost 6 vids. I’m doubtful there will be a gun tube that’s not going to cost more than most are willing to pay unless they are making money

We don't necessarily need a "gun tube". Just an unbiased, truly 1A friendly equivalent to YouTube, as YouTube used to be. In fact I think we'd be better off with another mainstream video-posting system because it would allow newbies to be introduced to the firearms world more easily.

I anticipate that before long YouTube will begin pissing off larger and larger segments of American society - far beyond just gun owners - with more and more restrictions on what can and cannot be posted. We all know that conservatism as a whole has been targeted by Google, Facebook and obviously YouTube, but the conservative movement IMHO is way too powerful to just accept being censored indefinitely. I predict that this will eventually lead to the standing up of an alternative to YouTube (as well as other social media platforms) that will at least market themselves as truly unrestricted.

I wish I was an information technology type of guy with a lot of $. If I was I'd have already been working on such a concept for at least the last year or so.

I would like to see a running list of the videos censored by utube and the new site it's uploaded to, so I can watch every one censored.

There is little visibility of what exactly is being put into the slot by the Ministry of Truth and then "burned".

some dude from AK files had made a startup for gun videos: 1776TV.com

support him, watch gun videos, we need people and companies like him. f*** google and their tyranny and their every single f***ing executive.

Did they actually do a background check when she had no intention of buying the gun? Isn't that explicitly illegal?

Sh
what's the alternative to this shitty tube? I've seen a bunch and their POS co sucks bad already for many vids.

Shoot a video, use VPN software and a torrent client and then seed your video to the internet. Sit back and watch liberal heads explode with technology they can’t trace or control. Just for funnies I’m going to try typing in ar15 on Pirate Bay when I am home tonight and safely behind an encrypted vpn and see what comes up.

Took a while but Youtube pulled all of Brownell's content today as per Brownell's twitter.

Yup, I was wondering when that was going to happen. Brownells is pretty pissed off about it, but it's not like this was a surprise to anyone paying even a little bit of attention. [rolleyes]

Brownells is back on YouTube.

Be interesting to know what caused it (both ways), but I'm pretty sure we never will find out.

Back
Top Bottom